Analog program scan crashes TV-Server (1 Viewer)

Schima

Portal Member
August 4, 2009
Aachen
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi everyone

I installed the 1.1.0 witch the latest SVN 1.0.4.24281. I tried with two cards. hauppauge wintv bt848 an Leadtek winfast 2000 xp. in both configurations Windvr3 is installed and the cards are working with Windvr3 without any problems.

Bei using the TV-Server i get the following message when i start a scan:
Unable to scan: Zhe graph building. Mostly your card is not supported by tvserver. Please create in report in our Forum.

so i do :)

here are my Logs.

I hope some can take a look at these logs and tell me wat's wrong abot my configuration

Greetz schima

Leosixtyeight

Portal Member
October 25, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,

i´ve got the same problem. Using a ION 330HT , XP Sp3 and a Avermedia 827. TV-Server crashes after start. Using DVBFix tv-server configuration starts but chrash if I run the analog channel search.

Any idea?

Regards

ronshome

December 10, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Similar experience. Windows XP Pro SP3 with AverMedia M780 PCIe Combo tuner. Everything worked beautifully with MP 1.0.0.0 for about a year, but a recent upgrade attempt to 1.0.2.0 started this problem (with no other hardware or software changes). Tried a total clean installation of 1.0.2.0 and now the first analog scan completes in under 10 seconds without finding any channels, the second analog scan crashes tvserver configuration immediately.

I tried clean installations of the latest weekly SVN (12-24-2009) and the problem persisted. Tried updating windows and AverMedia drivers, still the problem persists. Tried to go back to 1.0.0.0, but the installer quits complaining of "Download of settings file failed. Please review your Internet Explorer configuration and try once again. Corrupted config file, if found, will now be deleted."

I can post logs if needed. Other commercial and free Windows software finds both digital and analog channels fine with current setup, however MP is the best choice when it works and there are likely many who are hoping this is resolved.

Is there a way to successfully install 1.0.0.0 at present? This would be a workable solution until this problem is resolved.

boombastic

Portal Pro
November 17, 2007
i subscribe this thread because i'e got the same problem:
Win7 x64
Hauppauge HVR-1100
Latest SVN
The strange thing is that before reformatting all went ok....
Just waiting for a solution.
Many thanks for your work!!

Found that with an old version of the Hauppauge drivers (WinTV 4.6) the analog scan works!
don't ask me why but that's it.
Maybe a clue: during the installation of this old rivers a component called "Mpeg encoders" is also installed, could it be needed from Mediaportal?

rsafors

January 8, 2010
Luleå
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I have the same problem and i think its due to a missing audio encoder.
When looking in the file "tv.log" i found the following row:
--- 2010-01-08 19:58:46.500000 [5]: analog: failed to add audio compressor. you must install a supported audio encoder!
but i do not know where i can get the right audio encoder.
I have tried to install both MediaPortal_1.0.2 and MediaPortal_1.1.0 BETA with the same result.

I have made some screendumps from the crash and the logfiles, please look at them in the attached files.

The system i am using is as follows:
PC: ASUS Aspire L200
TvCard: Hauppauge wintv HVR 1100
Windows XP Mediacenter Edition, Version 5.1

Thanks!
rsafors

Attachments

• Crashreport.png
    Crashreport.png
    12.5 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom