May 13, 2005
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
MediaPortal Version: MediaPortal-svn--10-24-2006--19-59-Rev11306
TV Engine: tvengine3-10-24-2006--15-18h--Rev11304
1. TV Card: Hauppauge PVR350
1. TV Card Type: Analog h/w
1. TV Card Driver: 1.18.21.22266 / 22-9-2004

My PVR350 seems to be working quite OK with the new tv engine setup. (DVB-T FloppyDTV is another story and another post).

But the old issue of fine tuning with certain channels in The Netherlands (and other countries probably too) seems to be back: I only seem to be able to (auto)tune by channel.

I set it on county 'The Netherlands', 'Antenna' and then to tune. I also tried this with the setting on 'Cable', and both on Medium and High sensitivity.

It finds almost all channels nicely, but that are the channels that are right on a proper cable-channel. But certain channels are on channels like '51-' and '62+'. Those require finetuning, and in WinTV2000 and the old tv engine the way to do this is by specifying the frequency of the channel.

This option seems to be nowhere in the tv engine setup dialog.
I also tried with the SQL Manager utility to dive into the TuneDetail table and specify a frequency for the channel there (tried both Hz and Khz) and create a channel from scratch (some where not found).

Is it possible to specify manual analog frequencies? If so, what am I doing wrong? If not, could this please be added.

Jimi

Portal Member
October 16, 2006
Home Country
I noticed this too, it would be good if there were fine tuning. The only way I can see of doing is by editing the channels manually and changing the frequency, this is a pain in the arse though as you have to close MP config down and either open MP or the MP config again.

dipje

Portal Member
May 13, 2005
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
You are talking about the v2 tv engine. There at least _is_ fine tuning. You can one time copy all the frequencies from your tv company and type them in the config and you're done.

It seems in tv engine 3 / tvserver (you replied in the section of the forums about the tv server :)) that there is no frequency input at all (or it is not working).

I'm missing a few analog channels through this, but it's no biggie as long as my DVB-T would be working :)

Jimi

Portal Member
October 16, 2006
Home Country
:oops: , forgot I was in this sub-forum.

It's not fine tuning though, 'cause you can't alter it slightly and see what it's like straight away, you have to close MP down and start it again as far as I can see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom