[Android] aMPdroid 0.7 - Android Remote Control (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

valtam

Portal Pro
March 27, 2010
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I'm having issue with the app generating the error "remote not connected" when trying to use the remote.

Did you tap 'Select' ?

snap20110629_223114.jpg

garreh

June 29, 2011
I'm having issue with the app generating the error "remote not connected" when trying to use the remote.

Did you tap 'Select' ?

snap20110629_223114.jpg

I've pressed the menu button on my HTC to bring up and I believe I have tried tapping "Select" but it didn't seem to do anything, will double check tonight. What is this suppose to do?
Thanks for your help!

chrisonline

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2007
    Tirol/Wörgl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    AW: [Android] aMPdroid 0.7 - Android Remote Control

I've just trying to use the app over the internet but with no success!

I have opened the ports 44321, 4321 and 8021 and forwarded to my HTPC.
    In my local network all works fine but over internet i get always no connection.

Did i miss something? Is there a need of more port forwarding?
    Can anybody help me?

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi guys,

there hasn't been a status update for a while now, that doesn't mean that nothing is going on behind the curtains. Actually there is a lot going on so I wanted to share a bit of what's to come in the new 0.8 release of aMPdroid.

The BIG new feature that will come is streaming. Streaming of your videos, series, movies, recordings AND even live tv. Thanks to oxan and his work on mpwebstream (and including it in gma and tv4home) aMPdroid will be able to stream all that contant directly to your mobile/tablet with ON-THE-FLY TRANSCODING. That's right, you can even stream your HD movies or your DVB-S2 tv channels over your mobile network connection as it get's downsized on the fly.

The bad news is that for this to fully work you need Android 2.3 or higher because earlier versions don't support the neccessary codec (mpeg-ts). As I wanted to at least have a workaround for mobiles with earlier versions of Android I made it possible to open the stream in an external player (e.g. MoboPlayer). This won't give you the full experience (e.g. seeking) but it's better then nothing.

Here's some of the other new upcoming additions
    • New QuickAction Icons
    • Menu Icons
    • Quick-Scrolling with First-Letter popup
    • Wake on LAN
    • Automatic reconnect
    • Play multiple items on MediaPortal (Playlist, e.g. Music Album/Artist, Series Season)
    • Download and Play Album on Mobile
    • Improved Downloads (Download Manager)
    • Many many bugfixes

Also starting with version 0.8, aMPdroid will be available through the Android market.

And finally some images (note that the video player screenshot has the video image photoshopped since android can't make screenshots of running videos, in action it looks much better... ;))

aMPdroid_1.png aMPdroid_2.png aMPdroid_3.png aMPdroid_4.png aMPdroid_5.png aMPdroid_6.png aMPdroid_7.png aMPdroid_8.png aMPdroid_9.png aMPdroid_10.png aMPdroid_11.png aMPdroid_12.png

Note for all translators:
    There have been quite a few string changes, they have been uploaded to the MyGengo site. Please update the strings in your language so it can be included in the next release...

:D

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Sounds great. Can't wait to see with my own eyes...

bodiroga

Portal Pro
    January 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Note for all translators:
    There have been quite a few string changes, they have been uploaded to the MyGengo site. Please update the strings in your language so it can be included in the next release...

Done ;-)

Awesome job as always DieBagger, the app is a really well designed and professional, I love it!

Do you have any approximate date for the release of aMPdroid 0.8 and GMAWebServices 0.3? I'm not asking for an exact day, just wanted to know if we are talking about some months, some weeks, some days... I suppose that the correct answer is some weeks, right?

Are you also going to submit the code to the project's google code's page? :D

Thanks for all your work and I'm looking forward to playing with the new version of your toy.

Best regards,

Aitor

IchBinsShort

Portal Pro
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Very good news, You make a very good Job

Thundercats

Portal Pro
    April 28, 2009
    The Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Dutch translation done!

Hmmm can't wait to try the 0.8 version...

Any progress in adapting the layout for tablets? (autorotate & autoscale, etc)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom