[Android] aMPdroid 0.7 - Android Remote Control (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

svortevik

Portal Pro
February 15, 2008
I didnt notice the message when pressing them.

But one more thing. How can I start a tv-channel from the epg? There is no option on starting the show, only to record it or play on my android device.

valtam

Portal Pro
March 27, 2010
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
How can I start a tv-channel from the epg? There is no option on starting the show, only to record it or play on my android device.

You need to start timeshift on whatever channel you want to watch under 'Manual' vPlayer works best with video playback.

svortevik

Portal Pro
February 15, 2008
Hmm, thats to bad. So I have to use the epg to find out what I want to watch on my tv, and then go to manual and start the channel there? No way to choose directly from epg and play on my tv?

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hmm, thats to bad. So I have to use the epg to find out what I want to watch on my tv, and then go to manual and start the channel there? No way to choose directly from epg and play on my tv?

For playback on the device, you can long-press on a channel in the channels view. Starting channels on your htpc isn't implemented yet as this functionality is not yet available in the wifiremote plugin.

svortevik

Portal Pro
    February 15, 2008
    Ahh, I just have to be patient and hopeful than:)

Has anyone got their tv-logos showing up in aMPdroid?

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Ahh, I just have to be patient and hopeful than:)

Has anyone got their tv-logos showing up in aMPdroid?

I doubt it, not unless the app has added new features by itself... ;)

I wanted tv logos but they're not yet supported by tv4home so I can't do anything about it on the client side.

Khurram

Portal Pro
    May 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Pakistan Pakistan
    I finally got around to to installing this on my htpc and htc wildfire. It took some searching before I found that connecting to wifiremote plugin on the htpc was a 2 step process :) Also, I could not browse music+video collection. Then I followed the instructions in this post and was finally able to browse. I still cannot play the videos+music on the phone though. Just tapping the song does nothing. A long tap gives a menu to play on the pc (which is not what I want) or to download it. If I try to download it, I get an error. Is this a limitation of my froyo-based custom rom?

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Which error do you get? As far as I know it should work on Froyo.

Khurram

Portal Pro
    May 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Pakistan Pakistan
    Which error do you get? As far as I know it should work on Froyo.
    Basically, a permission denied error with a long url. If you want a screenshot, I can do that also.

garreh

June 29, 2011
    I'm having issue with the app generating the error "remote not connected" when trying to use the remote. I have:

1. Connected to my HTPC using the Connect button, it successfully connects.
    2. Wifi-remote plugin is installed and all seems to be setup correctly, ports, etc.
    3. Port 8080 (TCP) is setup as an exception in Windows Firewall
    4. Gmawebservice is installed (& NET 4.0) and edited the config .xml file with all the correct paths

I can view my list of movies all fine (which shows the connection to my HTPC is all good via Gmawebservice), everything works except the remote.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom