[Android] aMPdroid 0.7 - Android Remote Control (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megane

Portal Member
March 18, 2008
Bologna
Home Country
Italy Italy
Hi everyone! :)
I'm trying to use this wonderfull app but I have a problem...
My configuration is:
Windows XP SP3 (Italian) - MediaPortal 1.1.2 - HTC HD2 with RafDroid 4r0f2 (it looks like an HTC Desire HD).

I have installed WifiRemote and now I can control MediaPortal from my phone.
I did not install TV4Home because I don't use MediaPortal to watch tv.

My problem is GmaWebservice. :(
The service works under Windows. I have changed all the settings of "config.xml" and now they points to my MediaPortal config files.
But i can't access to its web interfaces (using the following link: http://localhost:44321/GmaWebService/MediaAccessService/json/GetSupportedFunctions) and it doesn't work using the phone.

Any idea? :confused:

polarie

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 20, 2006
    Hasloh (near Hamburg)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: [Android] aMPdroid 0.7 - Android Remote Control

Hi DieBagger ...

on my Archos7 aMPdroid runs good in 0.7 with Eclair 2.1--
    now i flashed it with a new firmware/ROM
    (not supported by Archos - now have Froyo 2.2.1 unbrick with Cifs managaer and vplayer for streaming)

few pages before some reported that it isnot running under 1.6 ..

is a newer FW problematic? (had two days of "schwitzen" couse i had problems with the flash :D )
    - so i am a bit carefull with the ROM now...

thx and regards

spike13

Portal Pro
    October 21, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    DieBagger

Did you also write access to the MP databases?
    When I start a movie or a tv-series about the webservice, then this is not marked as seen.

spike

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Re: AW: [Android] aMPdroid 0.7 - Android Remote Control

polarie: every app that works on 2.1 should work properly on 2.2 too. Just try it, it won't break your ROM.
    spike13: no, aMPdroid/GMA doesn't write to the database yet. Maybe it'll change in the future, but you'd have to await DieBagger's reaction for that.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hello.
    @ polarie
    I've just flashed my GSI9000 to Gingerbread (2.3.3). aMPdroid 0.7 is working as before. So no need to worry. Perhaps it's possible you have to reinstall your apps if you flash a mayor Update. I had Eclair, Froyo and now Gingerbread. As it comes to aMPdroid, it's all the same. Maybe this will change with V0.8 as there will be a Live- TV Streaming Feature (I hope ;) ). This will require Gingerbread and up due the lack of streaming features below 2.3.

BTW try to look at Android Forum & Community - Android-Hilfe.de. I did find an enormous amount of helpful Tools, Firmwares, Tips, Tricks,... My first attempt to fash with "official" Samsung Tool Kies did not work as expected. I thought I've bricked my phone. But with a little reading of this page there was an really easy solution to my problem. For now I don't use Kies any more as I found something a lot better over there.

Hello.
    @ polarie
    I've just flashed my GSI9000 to Gingerbread (2.3.3). aMPdroid 0.7 is working as before. So no need to worry. Perhaps it's possible you have to reinstall your apps if you flash a mayor Update. I had Eclair, Froyo and now Gingerbread. As it comes to aMPdroid, it's all the same. Maybe this will change with V0.8 as there will be a Live- TV Streaming Feature (I hope ;) ). This will require Gingerbread and up due the lack of streaming features below 2.3.

BTW try to look at Android Forum & Community - Android-Hilfe.de. I did find an enormous amount of helpful Tools, Firmwares, Tips, Tricks,... My first attempt to fash with "official" Samsung Tool Kies did not work as expected. I thought I've bricked my phone. But with a little reading of this page there was an really easy solution to my problem. For now I don't use Kies any more as I found something a lot better over there.

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Re: AW: [Android] aMPdroid 0.7 - Android Remote Control

@spike13: no, aMPdroid/GMA doesn't write to the database yet. Maybe it'll change in the future, but you'd have to await DieBagger's reaction for that.

The database access is a bit tricky, I already experienced a few times that the database got "locked" which resulted in neither mp-tvseries/movingpictures, nor GMA working proper. I changed the sqlite access to read just to prevent this but it still happens sometimes.

As it comes to aMPdroid, it's all the same. Maybe this will change with V0.8 as there will be a Live- TV Streaming Feature (I hope ;) ). This will require Gingerbread and up due the lack of streaming features below 2.3.
    Unfortunately you are right, streaming will only work fully with 2.3 and higher (since the necessary mpeg-ts codec is only available > 2.3). There is a workaround though and that is third party video players (e.g. MoboPlayer). They are based on ffmpeg so they can playback the streams. The downside is that I can't directly included them (only open them) so you will have to seek to your desired start position, then open the player. With the internal player you'll get full seek support.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hello.
    aMPdroid 0.8 is the main reason why I was in a hurry a bit to upgrade to Gingerbread. I want to be ready to use 0.8 from first day it will be released.... ;)

svortevik

Portal Pro
    February 15, 2008
    Just tried this to day and it is amazing, but I have one little problem.

On my Android device tv logos is not avaliable in epg. As far as I can tell the path is correct, but what does " virtualpath="/banners/tv/"/ mean?

Any ide on why tv-logos is not displayed on my android device?

Settings and picture does not work either.

valtam

Portal Pro
    March 27, 2010
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Settings and picture does not work either.

Doesn't it say 'Not Implemented yet' ? This means they are not ready yet, remember, this app is still in the very early stages of development, there is still much yet to do - have patience :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom