[Android] aMPdroid - Android MediaPortal Client (1 Viewer)

nauska

Portal Member
January 14, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
DieBagger, have you had any time to think of a layout for tablets? I think that a layout using fragments would be very useful. I've attached a simple picture trying to explain it.

The first screen you see when starting the program is the Main panel. When selecting an item (e.g. TV-series), the Main panel stays on the left side and the Show panel appears to the right. When selecting a show, the Main panel dissapears from the screen (e.g. transposing out to the left), now with the Show panel on the left side, while the Season panel appears on the right side, and so on.

Only two panels showing at each time, but it should be possible to scroll through the panels by swiping the finger left or right on the screen. If the user selects another item on the Main panel, every panel to the right of this dissapears, and a new panel with the corresponding items is shown on the right side of the screen.
This way, the user has a clear view of the current selection, and has an easy way to go to another panel instead of having to press the Back button several times.

I think this is possible using the Fragments API in Honeycomb, but I have not tried it. If you want to, I can see if I can come up with a working example.

Anyway, a big thank you for doing this! I know we are many who are very eager to try this out :D

Attachments

• aMPdroid - Panels.png
    aMPdroid - Panels.png
    15 KB

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Diebagger, i was wondering, could you make an option, to auto-connect as wifi-remote and to the client when entering the app?

instead of having to go to menu, and pressing connect.

Already implemented in latest svn... ;)

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Diebagger, i was wondering, could you make an option, to auto-connect as wifi-remote and to the client when entering the app?

instead of having to go to menu, and pressing connect.

Already implemented in latest svn... ;)

BRAVO !!!

Thanks !

Ill try to see this weekend if i can solve my tvserver connection issues. apart from that, rest was working perfectly.

lsf3og

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 15, 2010
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: [Android] aMPdroid - Android MediaPortal Client

Looking great so far. I'm really looking forward to the test version.
    I got a question though. Is there any possibility to integrate ical support?
    I'm asking because the german movie site Schnitt.de has Tv-Tips in this format and i'd really love to schedule my recordings with these tips.
    I'd really love this feature, but i think it'd be hard work to implement this in your 'Plugin'.

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    DieBagger, have you had any time to think of a layout for tablets? I think that a layout using fragments would be very useful. I've attached a simple picture trying to explain it.

The first screen you see when starting the program is the Main panel. When selecting an item (e.g. TV-series), the Main panel stays on the left side and the Show panel appears to the right. When selecting a show, the Main panel dissapears from the screen (e.g. transposing out to the left), now with the Show panel on the left side, while the Season panel appears on the right side, and so on.

Only two panels showing at each time, but it should be possible to scroll through the panels by swiping the finger left or right on the screen. If the user selects another item on the Main panel, every panel to the right of this dissapears, and a new panel with the corresponding items is shown on the right side of the screen.
    This way, the user has a clear view of the current selection, and has an easy way to go to another panel instead of having to press the Back button several times.

I think this is possible using the Fragments API in Honeycomb, but I have not tried it. If you want to, I can see if I can come up with a working example.

Anyway, a big thank you for doing this! I know we are many who are very eager to try this out :D

No I haven't had any time to think about tablet layout or familiarize myself with the fragments api...

bjarkimg

Portal Member
    May 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Iceland Iceland
    Well I hope the app can live up to the expectations... ;)

Of course every program need polishing and I believe all of us here are willing to help as much as we can when we get our hands on the first release :)

From what I see of your sreenshots and youtube. then this will be at the high end class program for first release :D
    Perhaps to perfect :| .... :D
    thx.

likos

Portal Member
    February 25, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Boy I hope we'll see the long awaited message today saying:

The testversion is available for download at: *** :)

Cannot wait!

Likos

likos

Portal Member
    February 25, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Great, Thanks for all your effort!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom