[Android] aMPdroid - Android MediaPortal Client (1 Viewer)

Thundercats

Portal Pro
April 28, 2009
The Netherlands
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Will it be possible (in future) to also access/control the several installed plugins in my MP, like webradio-plugin or online videoplug-in? or access/control my music collection (with a realtime feedback on my android-device? )

This all looks very promissing to me. I recently bought an a-pad (8 inch). I presume i will also funtion on such devices as well?

Keep up the good work!

MJGraf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 13, 2006
    This looks so incredibly gorgeous... I wish someone would step in and do something similar for the iPhone.
    If I knew this two months ago, I would probably have bought an Android phone ;-)

AgeOfPanic

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 9, 2008
    Milwaukee, WI
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Actually, I have been controlling XBMC with a remote app on my iPad and I think tablets are especially nice to do this considering battery life on most smart phones is not great. I hope that once the web services are well established in MP, we'll see a remote app for these kind of devices as well.
    The screen shots are amazing. Will this be something that is implemented in version 1.x or do we have to wait until version 2 is released? I wish I could help you guys with the coding part, but if you ever need somebody to test drive, let me know.

Mickey2Eyes

Portal Pro
    December 18, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Realy an amazing project, can't wait to test it :)

One question, will it be possible to access the virtual client from the internet?
    For programming recordings it would be great.

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Will it be possible (in future) to also access/control the several installed plugins in my MP, like webradio-plugin or online videoplug-in? or access/control my music collection (with a realtime feedback on my android-device? )
    I don't quite know what you mean by that. There is a "client-controller" that acts as a remote control so in that regard you can control all aspects of MP. You will also get live feedback on the currently playing item.

This all looks very promissing to me. I recently bought an a-pad (8 inch). I presume i will also funtion on such devices as well?

Keep up the good work!

It will work on a-pads but for such devices a seperate layout is definately needed at some point so it utilizes the large screen.

This looks so incredibly gorgeous... I wish someone would step in and do something similar for the iPhone.
    If I knew this two months ago, I would probably have bought an Android phone ;-)

As far as I know shukuyen is working on something for the iphone, haven't talked to him for some time though so I have no idea about the current state of that project.

Will this be something that is implemented in version 1.x or do we have to wait until version 2 is released? I wish I could help you guys with the coding part, but if you ever need somebody to test drive, let me know.
    It will be available starting with version 1.2 beta, I'll probably release an early preview version about at the same time when MediaPortal 1.2 Beta is released.

One question, will it be possible to access the virtual client from the internet?
    For programming recordings it would be great.

Yes, at least the tv part (maybe even the media access) will be available from the internet and as such include authentification to prevent others from accessing your tv server... ;)

MP_Newbie

Portal Member
    January 3, 2011
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    AW: [Android] aMPdroid - Android MediaPortal Client

one short question: will it be possible to send "external" commands - maybe to girder or IRtrans, in order to control other (non-MP)functions???

ThaClown

Moderator - Dutch Forums
    May 28, 2006
    Den Bosch
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hey this looks amazing! I just got a Samsung Galaxy Tab and would love to use this as a remote...
    Also nice support for other sized tablets phone would be good.

I am a webdesigner and would love to help with the design and layout!
    I am working on a website for MediaPortal tutorials and this will give an idea of the look and feel:
    PCbyMP MediaPortal for your MediaPC (HTPC)

With what language is the skin made XML or HTML? And would you like it if I created a few designs for larger screen sizes?

EDIT:

Made a concept for the Samsung Galaxy Tab (Android) with a StreamedMP feel... What you guys think?
    The image is almost real life size... (a little bigger i think)
    aMPdroid-Samsung_Galaxy_Tab_P1000_001.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom