[Android] aMPdroid - Android MediaPortal Client (1 Viewer)

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi guys,

I kinda got stuck a bit recently because of a nasty bug in the webservices and a flu...

The app has made some nice improvements though, among other things I worked on the database implementation for local caching of information retreived by the api (series/movies/epg/...).

What's working pretty well already is the tvserver part (tv4home), media browsing (gma webservice, only tvseries and movingpictures atm) and the basic remote control. Not implemented yet is myvideos (shares/db views), music or pictures.

I'm still planning on releasing an early preview version but after MP 1.2 beta is out. Until then, here are a few new teaser pictures AND a youtube video showing the tv part of aMPdroid. Keep in mind that this has been recorded on an android emulator and these are ridiculously slow (it's working perfectly smooth on the actual device).

Here are the screens:

Basic Remote Control:
    ampdroid_remote_1.png ampdroid_remote_2.png ampdroid_remote_3.png

TvServer
    ampdroid_tvserver_0.png ampdroid_tvserver_1.png ampdroid_tvserver_2.png ampdroid_tvserver_3.png ampdroid_tvserver_4.png ampdroid_tvserver_5.png ampdroid_tvserver_6.png

And the video:
    YouTube - aMPdroid tvserver preview

bodiroga

Portal Pro
    January 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    AWESOME!!!!!

I can't wait to try this out DieBagger! This app with all the new great features that MP 1.2 will bring are going to make MediaPortal even more the best mediacenter!

Many thanks DieBagger for all your great work and best regards,

Aitor

PS: Please consider my suggestion about including (as an option) 4therecord in the recording part, I've read that they have a simple and easy API and we will still be using TV-Server as the turner. I've openned an issue at google code ;-)

uggabugga

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 21, 2007
    QXQgaG9tZSA7LSk=
    Home Country
    This looks awesome #DieBagger, I'm really impressed.
    Frankly, it looks so good that I would almost feel guilty using it without paying something :D

Looking forward to taking it for a spin.

(Let's hope it works as well, as it looks) ;)
    :D

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hey this looks amazing! I just got a Samsung Galaxy Tab and would love to use this as a remote...
    Also nice support for other sized tablets phone would be good.

I am a webdesigner and would love to help with the design and layout!
    I am working on a website for MediaPortal tutorials and this will give an idea of the look and feel:
    PCbyMP MediaPortal for your MediaPC (HTPC)

With what language is the skin made XML or HTML? And would you like it if I created a few designs for larger screen sizes?

EDIT:

Made a concept for the Samsung Galaxy Tab (Android) with a StreamedMP feel... What you guys think?
    The image is almost real life size... (a little bigger i think)
    aMPdroid-Samsung_Galaxy_Tab_P1000_001.jpg

Tbh I think the listitems are way to big. If you're doing a layout for tablets, you should use the bigger display to actually show more items/information. I don't currently have a tablet lying around and don't have enough time to focus on that but later on I sure want to have a seperate layout for tablets (can't wait for all those new honeycomb devices to ship :)).

cubii

Portal Pro
    November 1, 2006
    AW: [Android] aMPdroid - Android MediaPortal Client

I realy love the idea of an android mp client!
    (for my kitchen, wc, bathroom etc..)

Nice preview!!

coax

Portal Member
    February 23, 2011
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Mabe a stupid question but will it be possible to access trough web and set recording?

scobo

Portal Member
    October 21, 2010
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Looks fantastic !
    Which version of Android will be required to run this ?
    I'm stuck on 1.6 at the moment.

scirocco790

Portal Pro
    December 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: [Android] aMPdroid - Android MediaPortal Client

Looks absolutely stunning. This is what I was waiting for. :D
    Keep up the good work!

bigboss97

Portal Pro
    January 31, 2006
    Sydney
    Home Country
    I'm a bit confused now, is there a test version available yet?
    I tried the downloaded file GmaWebService.CoreService.Setup.msi (on XP MP1.2). During the installation it said "failed to start... verify your privileges...".
    Will there be an Android app or simply use the web browser?

Anyway, I'm excited to see this work. Thank you for the great work in advance!

Phuoc

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom