[Android] aMPdroid - Android MediaPortal Client (2 Viewers)

Mike Lowrey

Portal Pro
February 4, 2009
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
bigboss97

No, there isn't any release yet. The file you downloaded is a needed webservice to access the MePo libraries..

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I'm a bit confused now, is there a test version available yet?
    I tried the downloaded file GmaWebService.CoreService.Setup.msi (on XP MP1.2). During the installation it said "failed to start... verify your privileges...".
    Will there be an Android app or simply use the web browser?

Anyway, I'm excited to see this work. Thank you for the great work in advance!

Phuoc

Hi,

like Mike said there is no public test version available yet but I already started testing internally.

And yes, aMPdroid is an app for android, not an optimized web page (you can use iPimp for that). I'm not sure about the minimum version that will be required, at the moment I'm developing for 2.1 but I'll see if I can make it compatible with older android versions.

I also made another teaser video showing the remote control and media browsing modes: YouTube - aMPdroid promo video . Sorry for the crappy music, but the original soundtrack I had chosen was rejected by youtube due to copyright reasons (suckers ;)).

IchBinsShort

Portal Pro
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: [Android] aMPdroid - Android MediaPortal Client

Great Video ! Can i stream the music to my android Phone ? I think this qould be a great Feature ! Because at the time I use Ipimp it is great but I with Ipimp i can't stream Music to my Phone.

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Re: AW: [Android] aMPdroid - Android MediaPortal Client

Great Video ! Can i stream the music to my android Phone ? I think this qould be a great Feature ! Because at the time I use Ipimp it is great but I with Ipimp i can't stream Music to my Phone.

Well work on the music section hasn't really begun yet. But from early tests, streaming music is really easy (compared to streaming video) so that shouldn't be too much of a problem. Another feature which will definately implemented is to transfer songs/albums from mediaportal to the device (Same way as is already possible with series/movies).

If you have additional ideas/concepts on how the music section should work please post them here... ;)

:D

IchBinsShort

Portal Pro
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: [Android] aMPdroid - Android MediaPortal Client

Yes this is cool.

Music-Section:

1. a option that Music only with a good rating is showing, like better as 4 !

2. I love the sorting method from Winamp, i think this is the best function that I ever seen. But I think this must be changed in Mediaportal.

3. Synchronisation of Playlist in Mediaportal and Android, and a option for automatically synchronisation.

4. For the Album sorting, it should be used the Album-Interpret. i hope you understand what I mean ! Because when it is a compilation and it is sorting with Interpret ist is very bad to use.

So this are my Ideas !

nip.nyborg

Portal Pro
    January 12, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    This looks very nice.
    I am really looking forward to this plugin.

But for me one of the coolest features and biggest benefits of a plugin like this, is that you can remote control your music, without having to turn on your TV.

So I really hope that remote control of music comes before “streaming music to the phone or tablet”.

Maybe it would be possible to make two music-options:
    1.Play music on PC or Server (Remote control)
    2.Stream music
    And you can select 1 or 2 or both.

el_gato

Portal Pro
    October 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: [Android] aMPdroid - Android MediaPortal Client

concerning this playing music discussion i would suggest to handle it like kroko already did with his app giving the posibility to add the file to the playlist on mp or to play the file locally on your phone... maybe fine-tune the other possible options a bit, but by and large these 2 options are a must have for the music section...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom