[Android] Android remote (1 Viewer)

d3vkit

Portal Member
December 2, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I can't get the remote part to work at all on my phone.
Mediaportal 1.1.2, Motorola Droid running Froyo (2.2.1)

I installed the plugin and set it to my computers ip on the network, 192.168.1.102. Then, chose a port: 42356. Went to the router and forwarded 42356 to .102. Installed plugin to Droid, set ip and port.

Whenever I enter the remote interface of the app, I press a button and it vibrates and then does nothing, and becomes unresponsive. It also says to swipe left for more remotes, but swiping does nothing. (Just figured out that first I need to hit options to see more remotes/keyboards/etc). Phone might be too old but I wouldn't think this app would be all that intensive. My best guess is that it's freezing as it sends the signal and something happens.

I can open mediaportal and then my browser and put in 192.168.1.102:42356/info.xml, or pictures, etc, and get results. Also, in the app when I enter the pictures section, it shows me my drives and pictures.

In the meantime I've been using Eventghost and Eventghost for Android, but setup is a bit more than I want to do, so this would be a great app if I could get it to work. Any help appreciated, thanks.

joz

Portal Pro
March 17, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
d3vkit:

May I ask why you forwarded the port thru NAT? Are you intending to use this app outside of your home network (do not really see any use for that myself)?
If not then skip the port forward, it's not needed for traffic that's coming from inside your network (it is when it's coming from WAN/internet).

You say you specify IP but considering the above I have no idea whether you have setup your WAN IP on your android phone or the internal LAN IP. I would think WAN, otherwise the portforward doesn't make sense at all. If that's the case, test first only inside your LAN. When that works try it from WAN.

Spooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2005
    void 4tl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Re: [Plugin] Android remote

Unified Remote
    may be ask them together to add MP support?
    :)
    Media Portal will be added in the upcoming Version 2.0: Unified Remote :)

I think this is slightly different to what the author wants to create. Unified remote is a one way remote control, author is trying to make a 2 way interactive remote. If you want a one way remote you can also try gmote, it supports skining and passing keystrokes so can easily be used to control MP. There are already several skins to download for MP from their website.
    Well, it's also a 2-way remote for the applications it supports. We don't know what features it will support for MP though (besides basic remote controlling).

tomypreach

November 15, 2010
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I can't get the remote part to work at all on my phone.
    Mediaportal 1.1.2, Motorola Droid running Froyo (2.2.1)

I installed the plugin and set it to my computers ip on the network, 192.168.1.102. Then, chose a port: 42356. Went to the router and forwarded 42356 to .102. Installed plugin to Droid, set ip and port.

Whenever I enter the remote interface of the app, I press a button and it vibrates and then does nothing, and becomes unresponsive. It also says to swipe left for more remotes, but swiping does nothing. (Just figured out that first I need to hit options to see more remotes/keyboards/etc). Phone might be too old but I wouldn't think this app would be all that intensive. My best guess is that it's freezing as it sends the signal and something happens.

I can open mediaportal and then my browser and put in 192.168.1.102:42356/info.xml, or pictures, etc, and get results. Also, in the app when I enter the pictures section, it shows me my drives and pictures.

In the meantime I've been using Eventghost and Eventghost for Android, but setup is a bit more than I want to do, so this would be a great app if I could get it to work. Any help appreciated, thanks.

Im having the same problem on my hero.

So, I CAN connect to the mediaserver. The proff is that when i start a movie/show the titel pops up on the phone. I can browse the picture and musik folders.

But simply can't use the remote. It crashes.

I can only say thank you for your time and great work !

Thanks !

kroko

Portal Pro
    February 4, 2007
    Itzehoe
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: [Android] Android remote

Hi folks,

today I updated my files so some of this nasty bugs should be fixed. Grab the new files on the first post.

What's new ?

-add video section
    -stream to phone (via vlc, if installed)
    -a lot of bug fixed
    -more remote buttons
    -fixed WakeOnLan
    -fixed powercontrol / keyboard lock
    -threaded caching pictures
    -speed up (single core still a bit slow..)
    -some other small changes

Take a look at the screenshots too.
    BTW I almost brick my samsung flashing froyo.... but now it works.... arg great.

So far
    kroko

mardup

Portal Pro
    October 24, 2007
    Toulouse
    Home Country
    France France
    Re : [Android] Android remote

Hello ...
    Firdt thanks a lot for working on a remote for our android devices !!!

I havz a problem with Playing videos on my device : i only have sound, no picture :-(

Any idea ?

kroko

Portal Pro
    February 4, 2007
    Itzehoe
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi mardup,

try different files just to make sure it is not that particular file or type ( avi, flv or mp4)
    I had also sometimes problems transcoding flv files. (no picture sometimes)

Also you should be able to see the stream opening a vlc player with this adress:

rtsp://ServerIP:5554/MediaPortal.sdp

What device you are having ? Give me more information please.
    I will put the init string for vlc into a INI file in the next release. This gives you the posibility to tweak it...

kroko

kroko

Portal Pro
    February 4, 2007
    Itzehoe
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi doing23,

a change disabled my crash report sending function. Please reload the APK and try again. If it crashed restart and send the report. Thanks.

kroko

doing23

Portal Member
    December 24, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Re: AW: [Android] Android remote

Hey kroko

can't send any report. no crash report button in crash dialog.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom