Animation slowing down in time (2 Viewers)

CHli

Portal Pro
July 5, 2005
Switzerland
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
Hibernation resets state of all drivers, please test with standby(S3) as it is not going to reset drivers completely.

S3 does not help. We use S3 as normal operation for standby constantly.

Then I would assume it is some OS / driver level issue as driver reset (with S4) seems to help to solve the issue.

But it's definitely related to the way MP uses the hardware (I mean uses DirectX), because I cannot reproduce that with other DirectX benchmark / games.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    *EDIT* I just tested a hibernation cycle. I can confirm that hibernation does in fact correct the problem.

Hibernation resets state of all drivers, please test with standby(S3) as it is not going to reset drivers completely.

Ok, just tested an S3 cycle and it did in fact correct the problem on my machine.

So, it would even more strongly point to the driver side issue as on some machines the S3 is not curing the issue and on some it is.

Unfortunately I haven't got even a smallest idea how to investigate/debug this issue. During the 3+ years I have been using MP on my HTPC (with different HW configurations) I haven't seen the issue. S3 has been in use only for the last 1,5 years.

kkozma

Portal Pro
    February 16, 2009
    Dayton, OH
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Interesting development here. Ever since I stopped using the PDVD codec for television viewing (MPEG-2) due to trying to find a solution for the 1080i "issue" here, all of the menu animations have been rock solid smooth going on 3 days now. It's probably worth mentioning that I haven't used the PDVD codec for anything else either since 99% of the content on my machine is h.264 that I use ffdshow to decode.

Curious to hear a developers thoughts on this...

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Interesting development here. Ever since I stopped using the PDVD codec for television viewing (MPEG-2) due to trying to find a solution for the 1080i "issue" here, all of the menu animations have been rock solid smooth going on 3 days now. It's probably worth mentioning that I haven't used the PDVD codec for anything else either since 99% of the content on my machine is h.264 that I use ffdshow to decode.

Curious to hear a developers thoughts on this...

Maybe it is some Cyberlink process that causes the issue (there are few Cyberlink background tasks running always Those ones should be always removed from the start up group).

Mr Hipp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2006
    Malmö
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Anyone still having problems with animations lowing down should try latest svn (there has been some work done to address the issue).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom