[Announce] MPTvClient V1.2.5 (20.12.2007) II (7 Viewers)

ChristerS

Portal Member
February 1, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
It seems you have a problem with the hostname resolution.
try to add your hostname/ip adress mapping to your hosts file

Sorry do not know what you mean by "hostname resolution". I am using the ip-adress to my TVServer and I have exactly the same settings in ver 1.1.5 and in that version all works OK.

I think it seems strange that the error log is talking about MySQL but I am using MS SQL as database engine in the TV server.

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    ChristerS

Copy your old 'gentle.config' file over to new build and all should work OK, does for me.

Or compare the two files and see where the difference is and chage, looks like the old default was MS-SQL and the new is MY-SQL.

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    Sorting by 'time' has some quirks in the tab views

It doesn't respect the year or the day month and just takes the first two digits which depending on your location could be day or month.

Example 27/08/2007 is after/later(more recent) than 22/02/2008

Sorting by any tabs '-ID 'also is not logical to the base ten numbers and sorts '1,10,11,12 etc' instead of '1,2,3,4,etc'

Krazz

Portal Pro
    December 17, 2005
    Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I get the following error when I try to watch anything with video in it. When I try to play radio it works.

I have opened the following ports in my firewall:
    TCP 554
    TCP 1434
    TCP 31456
    UDP 6970:6999

It might be worth mentioning that I run MS SQL Developer version on a different machine that the TVService (tv server) is running on. I have two MediaPortal clients running without problem. When I try the MPTvClient on the LAN everything works like a charm. But when I try to watch TV over the WAN (Internet) I get the error message I have attached.

P.S. Thanks for a great program. :)

Attachments

• mptvclienterror.JPG
      mptvclienterror.JPG
      61.9 KB

grahamd

Portal Member
    March 24, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Guys, I'm very new to this forum, so please be gentle ;-)

I've this weekend successfully ported the MPTVClient application to Mono under Ubuntu Linux. There were some issues with hostname resolution and also the Gentle Framework but I've worked around them.

My apologies to gemx but I had to simplify the functionality a little in the first version, so much of it was based on his code rather than literally porting the application.

I'd be happy to contribute the necessary information or perhaps work with someone to create a single version if that was desired.

gemx

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Cool. Sounds great :)
    Could you upload the app, so we can test it?
    Maybe it's possible to build a version which is really cross-plattform?

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    What do you use for output? Xine / Gstreamer?

I'd suggest to put the sources into mp-plugin's SVN so other people (including myself :D ) can work on it.

grahamd

Portal Member
    March 24, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Sure, I can do that. Where is the best place for me to upload something like that? Just in a zip here on the forum, or somewhere else?

I'll give you some more background: I wanted it to look "native" on both platforms, so I've used Gtk# (the Mono bindings to GTK for .NET). There is a windows installation of the GTK runtimes which allows the application to look native on Windows platforms. Under Gnome on Linux, of course, it just works. I did this mainly because I don't like Windows.Forms under Mono at the moment - it looks like Win95 ;-)

The remoting worked fine under Mono as long as you use IP addresses for the hostname. The server returns the hostname as part of the streaming URL which also caused me a problem. I just replaced the hostname returned with the IP address again and that was fine. VLC works exactly as it does on Windows if you supply the IP based URL as the command line.

The Gentle Framework kept throwing an error for me but at the moment I can't tell if that's just because I don't have the right Mono System classes installed. (I forgot to install the Mono System.Runtime.Remoting library when I first started, for example!)

I know that you can connect to a SQL Server on a Windows box from Mono if you do it directly with System.Data.SqlClient however, so it's either a missing runtime on my Linux installation, or a small problem with the Gentle Framework which is probably fixable..

I don't have the code with me but will post it when I get home.

Great to make contact with you, I love the TV Server Engine as it's solved all my TV streaming woes. I've been searching for a solution for ages...

Rtv: As I popped into my other post, I'm still using VLC as I know that it's quite consistent across platforms. The application equivalent to MPTvClient sits separately, just sending the channel change remoting messages to the server and restarting VLC as required.

I'll see if I can get the code up to the SVN but seeing as it's really small I might just zip it and put it here first.

eseka

April 11, 2008
    doesn't work on eee pc

hey guys

i try to make the mp tv client run on my eee pc but when i click on the icon i get an error message that the application could not be initialized. does anyone have the same problem and is able to help me please?

edit: problem solved, had to update .net framework

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom