[Announce] MPTvClient V1.2.5 (20.12.2007) II (3 Viewers)

piercy007

Portal Member
March 14, 2008
Liverpool
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi All

Aftere much trial and error I have now got what I beleive to be a stable version of MP running with TV Server. This is currently only with a single seater. I have tried many SVN's but am using 18463 as it seems to work ok.

I have installed the MPTV client (along side VLC). It opens and can see all the episodes. I start timeshift and VLC opens. The stream starts but after a few seconds the picture freezes. :mad:

I have tried the 1.15 build and the newer 1.2 but the same thing happens. Tried it on an XP machine as well as Vista. I can starem other files from my HTPC via VLC so I know that is working

I would really like to use this product but cant get it running. Any Ideas??

NTM

Portal Pro
January 16, 2007
I get the following error when I try to watch anything with video in it. When I try to play radio it works.

I have opened the following ports in my firewall:
TCP 554
TCP 1434
TCP 31456
UDP 6970:6999

It might be worth mentioning that I run MS SQL Developer version on a different machine that the TVService (tv server) is running on. I have two MediaPortal clients running without problem. When I try the MPTvClient on the LAN everything works like a charm. But when I try to watch TV over the WAN (Internet) I get the error message I have attached.

P.S. Thanks for a great program. :)

It's because in your settings for TV Server you have a local IP adress (example: 192.168.12.47). What you need to do is change the adress to the SQL server in TV Server ;)

stormer

Portal Member
January 24, 2005
stockholm
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
First, thanks for this MPTvClient.
I can now watch tv in my summerhouse but it is some glitches in picture. Can I use some transcoding? to match my 2mbit ADSL in some way? I've been reading on VLC homepage about streaming server but how to do this in/with MP?
Maybe I dont fully understand this feature but is it possible to transcode the rtsp down to 1024kbit?
Or is there another solution for my 2mbit ADSL problem?

Thanks for a wounderful htpc program
stormer

MJGraf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 13, 2006
    stormer: Have a look some pages back. I've modified MPTvClient in a way that it first starts vlc on the server to transcode and then the client to watch it. I'm using it over 6mbit ADSL on the server side, which has an upstream bandwidth of 512kbit in Germany. To make it bulletproof, my video is transcoded to 350kbit - which is still watchable. You may also change the codec to use to h.264, which makes the quality much better but you need quite a beefy server to get the transcoding done.

cheers,
    Michael

TommySharp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 15, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    TV Client Error

Hey guys...

I've got TV server Rc1 loaded and working perfectly with my MediaPortal clients. However I just can't get the TVClient tool to work. I have enabled remote SQL connections on the SQL server.

Any advice on this error?

Attachments

• tvclient_error01.jpg
      tvclient_error01.jpg
      141.8 KB

Nippywiffle

Portal Pro
    May 16, 2007
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hi,
    I've had this working in the past... but I just got mptvclient1.2.5, and my dvr is now running mediaportal 1.0 rc.

It connects to the server fine and gets the channel listings, recordings listings etc.

If I double click on any of them, VLC loads, tries to connect to the server, and then crashes with one of those generic windows "send error report" "dont send" errors.
    This info is included in the error report: AppName: vlc.exe AppVer: 0.8.6.0 ModName: msvcrt.dll
    ModVer: 7.0.2600.2180 Offset: 00031b8d

If I double click on one of the radio streams however, it works fine...

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Dan

Krazz

Portal Pro
    December 17, 2005
    Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I get the following error when I try to watch anything with video in it. When I try to play radio it works.

I have opened the following ports in my firewall:
    TCP 554
    TCP 1434
    TCP 31456
    UDP 6970:6999

It might be worth mentioning that I run MS SQL Developer version on a different machine that the TVService (tv server) is running on. I have two MediaPortal clients running without problem. When I try the MPTvClient on the LAN everything works like a charm. But when I try to watch TV over the WAN (Internet) I get the error message I have attached.

P.S. Thanks for a great program. :)

It's because in your settings for TV Server you have a local IP adress (example: 192.168.12.47). What you need to do is change the adress to the SQL server in TV Server ;)

Nope. I have set the WAN IP for the SQL server. It still doesn't work, hence my confusion. :/

Would I still see the channel listings if I couldn't reach the SQL server?

fryrpc

Portal Member
    November 13, 2007
    A Big Thank You from Me !

Have just started using MediaPortal and had an old laptop not capable of running the full app but deploying your application and VLC means I can even stream TV to this. Works great. Thank You again for your hard work.

xavier

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 12, 2004
    Venice
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hi,
    I've had this working in the past... but I just got mptvclient1.2.5, and my dvr is now running mediaportal 1.0 rc.

It connects to the server fine and gets the channel listings, recordings listings etc.

If I double click on any of them, VLC loads, tries to connect to the server, and then crashes with one of those generic windows "send error report" "dont send" errors.
    This info is included in the error report: AppName: vlc.exe AppVer: 0.8.6.0 ModName: msvcrt.dll
    ModVer: 7.0.2600.2180 Offset: 00031b8d

To me, same software, same error... :(

Regards,
    xavier.

MJGraf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 13, 2006
    xavier / Nippywiffle: Somehow it sounds like it's not MPTvClient but vlc, which crashes...

You could try the following: Don't use MPTvClient. Start streaming on the server in the server config utility (under manual control). Then start vlc on the client and try to connect manually to the server. Must be something like "open network stream" and then chose RTSP-Stream. The Adress should be something like "rtsp://YourServerName/stream1.0" The last part with the figures may be different depending on how many cards you have and how many channels you are streaming at the same time. If you're not sure, the full path is included in one of the server logs after you have startet timeshifting on the server.

If this doesn't work either, it's probably not MPTvClient. If it works, we have to dig a little bit deeper. One last thought: Did you use the latest version of vlc (0.8.6f)? I think there were some bugs in vlc in one of the 0.8.6-versions before.

Hope that helps...

cheers,
    /Michael

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom