[Announce] MPTvClient V1.2.5 (20.12.2007) II (2 Viewers)

Krazz

Portal Pro
December 17, 2005
Sweden
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I just want to be able to access the radio through MP.
I can play the radio with the laptop but MP does not.
The first screen shot one shows that MP TV Server_Client plays the radio that is why I posted the question about the radio problem I am having.

When I do click on a radio station that I setup in MP, I get a message back saying, My Radio_all tuners are busy.

You asked, "Internet streaming, DVB, Analogue... ?". I guess iTunes does streaming, so yes to streaming and yes to analog.
As far as DVB. I think I do have to by a separate product like_WinTV-HVR-1950 model 1192.

You asked, "And how do you get radio stations into iTunes from your Dell laptop?" All I do is start iTunes go to the radio menu, click on a radio station and the station starts playing thruogh the laptop speakers.

I'm still confused, but I still want to help you as well as I can. I think you are in the wrong forum. You seem to talk about MediaPortal, not MPTvClient. These two are not the same and should not be confused with each other.

As far as this forum goes it basically is for the MPTvServer and the MPTvClient. Sure, someone might be able to help you, but you should look into a different forum for quicker and better responses.

This is, of course, if I am correct in my assumption that you are not using MPTvClient?!

Dandy

Portal Pro
June 4, 2007
Hamburg
Home Country
Germany Germany
gentle.config how to configure ?

Hi,
I am trying to get MPTvClient to run, but I am not so familiar with xml. For this reason I don't really know what to configure/uncommnent in the gentle.config and I do not get a connection to my tv-server.

I am using the SQLserver from Microsoft on a different machine and I would like to stream to a notebook.

Can anyone mark in the gentle config what I have to set?

Please help

Dandy

Krazz

Portal Pro
December 17, 2005
Sweden
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
If all your computers are on the same network you shouldn't have to touch the gentle.config. You should only need to set up the MPTVService to work against the SQL server and then point MpTvClient to your MPTVService server IP.

Make sure you have followed the installation instructions for the SQL server correctly. To test this you should be able to watch TV in regular MP.

Al_Capone

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    all I get when clicking "connect" is "the settings are invalid - please check configuration"
    I also copied a SQLDATA.dll I found in a sub-folder of SQL express .

Is there any description on how to configure/use it ?

Krazz

Portal Pro
    December 17, 2005
    Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    all I get when clicking "connect" is "the settings are invalid - please check configuration"
    I also copied a SQLDATA.dll I found in a sub-folder of SQL express .

Is there any description on how to configure/use it ?

Have you tried deleting all the files that come with MpTvClient and unpack them again. Starting over so to speak? Note that you can not run a .NET application from a network drive, it has to be located on a local HDD.

Why did you copy SQLDATA.dll? I've never heard of this being required before.

Further more, the MpTvClient installation/set up is fairly simple. There isn't much you can do wrong. Because of this I recommend that you try what I wrote in an earlier post:
    If all your computers are on the same network you shouldn't have to touch the gentle.config. You should only need to set up the MPTVService to work against the SQL server and then point MpTvClient to your MPTVService server IP.

Make sure you have followed the installation instructions for the SQL server correctly. To test this you should be able to watch TV in regular MP.

This might not solve the problem, but it could be a step in the right direction to figure out what is wrong.

Al_Capone

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Have you tried deleting all the files that come with MpTvClient and unpack them again. Starting over so to speak? Note that you can not run a .NET application from a network drive, it has to be located on a local HDD.

Well, this is freshly unpacked files, but I just tried again, same result

Why did you copy SQLDATA.dll? I've never heard of this being required before.

searching these 14 pages on any clue on how to make it work, I found, that somebody claimed this to help

Regular media portal and TV server works perfectly.
    I assume "MPTVService" is "TVservice" running on TV server, where I connect. with MediaPortal 1.0RC1

Same subnet, firewall on TV server disabled.
    MP TV Client 1.2.5

Krazz

Portal Pro
    December 17, 2005
    Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Ok, sounds like you know what you are doing so there's no need to explain things in detail. ;)

My first idea was that it might be a .NET issue. But I guess you already thought of that as well and have made certain all the latest updates are installed?!

Can you take a screenshot of the error message that shows up and apply to a reply so we can see it?

Btw, have you tried running MpTvClient from another computer to see if it has to do with your computer, the TVservice, or the MpTvClient?

Al_Capone

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    please see attached file.
    This is on a fully patched XP SP2 x64
    I also tried it on a virtual (fully patched) XP SP2 (32bit)
    same error.

the error also appears instantly. - there is no delay that can see like an timeout.

I unpack the bin folder, and enter server as "Hugin" or 192.168.1.102 , that's all - then the error shows up when "connect" is clicked.

.NET 3.0 , latest hotfix is KB928416

Krazz

Portal Pro
    December 17, 2005
    Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Well, I really am clueless on this one. One would probably have to look through the source code to see what is generating this error. Maybe gemx can help you out with this though. Since he don't seem to active in this forum I suggest that you send him a PM. ;)

Please let us know what the problem was if you get it sorted out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom