[Announce] MPTvClient V1.2.5 (20.12.2007) II (4 Viewers)

camoura

Portal Pro
May 29, 2007
That's right.

I am not willing to install Media Portal here but I'll try something else.

Krazz

Portal Pro
December 17, 2005
Sweden
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Ok. Unless your hardware is faulty on your client computer (i.e. the network card is broken in some way) it has nothing to do with that. Instead you should look at your MP Server or the network.

You could try to set both client and server network cards to full duplex. This has solved some different problems for me and I now always set all my network cards to full duplex.

MrTRiX

Community Plugin Dev
October 28, 2006
Home Country
Canada Canada
What are the chances of turning this into a cell phone app? It would be cool if I could watch my TV on my iPhone, kinda like Slingbox for PC but for a phone.

TritonT

Portal Pro
October 23, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
@ MrTRiX

Back in the early days of the TV Server, I had this working in a very clunky way.

First I tuned a channel in the TV Server then attached VLC to the timeshift file and got it to transcode from ts to mp4/wmv/mov and downscale to 320x240 then stream it out. I mainly used TCPMP on Windows Mobile to view remotely and VNC to remote my sever to set up the stream.

All the basic code to do this exists and a method of controlling the TV Server remotely also exists, so it should be possible.

I was going to suggest this as a plugin idea, but with the ongoing issues keeping the TV Server in beta so long, it never seemed like the right time.

I’m sure there are plenty of people with fast WiFi/3G on their mobile that would love this.

Surfer

Portal Pro
May 20, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I have MP playing movies fine. Now I want to get it to play the radio through iTunes, as I can already get iTunes to play radio stations from my Dell Inspiron 5100 laptop. But I cannot get it to play through MP.

What do I need to do to get the radio to play through MP?

Krazz

Portal Pro
December 17, 2005
Sweden
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Surfer: Your post is very confusing to me. I can tell that you want to plat radio with MP (I think). What I don't get is what this has to do with MpTvclient or iTunes?

Further more, what type of radio is it that you want to listen to? Internet streaming, DVB, Analogue... ?

And how do you get radio stations into iTunes from your Dell laptop?

As you can tell, it's all a big confusion!

Surfer

Portal Pro
May 20, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I just want to be able to access the radio through MP.
I can play the radio with the laptop but MP does not.
The first screen shot one shows that MP TV Server_Client plays the radio that is why I posted the question about the radio problem I am having.

When I do click on a radio station that I setup in MP, I get a message back saying, My Radio_all tuners are busy.

You asked, "Internet streaming, DVB, Analogue... ?". I guess iTunes does streaming, so yes to streaming and yes to analog.
As far as DVB. I think I do have to by a separate product like_WinTV-HVR-1950 model 1192.

You asked, "And how do you get radio stations into iTunes from your Dell laptop?" All I do is start iTunes go to the radio menu, click on a radio station and the station starts playing thruogh the laptop speakers.

Attachments

• sshot-1.png
    sshot-1.png
    79.3 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom