[Announce] MPTvClient V1.2.5 (20.12.2007) II (1 Viewer)

clud

Portal Member
February 11, 2007
Suddenly VLC is unable to connect

Hi

Have used MP TV Client for some time now. Then a few weeks ago after changing channel vlc couldn't connect to the stream. Perhaps the channel changing went a bit quick, that has sometimes caused an error, but only until a restart of mp tv client. Now its permanent!

I have checked that Tv server has started timeshifting the channel
Tv client recognizes that timeshifting has started ( marked in the lower window )
But vlc keeps saying
Code:
Connection failed:
VLC could not connect to "htpc:554".
Your input can't be opened:
VLC is unable to open the MRL 'rtsp://htpc/stream2.0'. Check the log for details.

does anyone have an idea?

SOLVED!
Just found out the problem was caused by a faulty homemade ethernet cable - now everything runs smoothly :)
And I haven't changed any settings anywhere

But on my workstation which runs winxp x64 the tv client comes up with this error - when I try to connect

mperr.jpg

br

clud

Airshark

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2007
    Baden- Württemberg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The new Version 1.2.5 is not going.
    I can only config the Hostname but not the other things like Database USer and Password.
    Oh I see, new versioN SORRY

Major_Mess

Portal Pro
    June 18, 2006
    But on my workstation which runs winxp x64 the tv client comes up with this error - when I try to connect

mperr.jpg

br

clud

The same happens with Vista64.

See this thread for the latest fixed version.

But....I get the same error with the new version. Only help is the program can now be closed......Rebooted and looks OK.

xmamx

Portal Member
    June 10, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Does this work with version 1.0.1 of mediaportal as i cant get it to work, database errors etc. If it doesnt work, is this going to be updated to work with the new versions?. Cheers xmamx

xmamx

Portal Member
    June 10, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks for the quick response guys, i got it working. As usual not reading things properly. :rolleyes:
    I copied the gentle.config from my programdata\mediaportal folder and that got it working. Must be time for bed 1am now hehehehe. :D

King-S

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 6, 2008
    Near Frankfurt
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey...

I got a question: What sizes of data do you transfer right after the first connect to load tv and radio channels?

At home, I use an DSL 2000 connection (the maximum I can receive) and my netbook is connected via HSDPA / UMTS / GPRS. The connection is encrypted through an VPN-Tunnel (greenbox-IPSEC)

I'm nearly unable to receive all data. After minutes of transfering data it shows the tv-groups. Then, I select "Main-TV". Again - minutes are passing by....

Can you optimise this programm for VPN-use? This would be very nice. And (I'm also a programmer but Pascal), can you put the transfer-methods and connect-methods into "windows-threads". This avoids the freeze-effect of the main-Thread (the GUI).

Thank you very much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom