Announcement: TV Recordings v0.2 (1 Viewer)

vur

Portal Pro
January 18, 2008
Home Country
Thanks for your reply pkaul. fyi I have just managed to make my channel list in MyTV complete. I went into MP Configuration/TV/TV Channel Groups/ Map Channels tab. All the channels were there on the left so I put them into their respective groups. I'm not sure if this was actually necessary, but I did it anyway.

I clicked OK then went into MP proper\TV\Channel The list was still incomplete. I then clicked Group. At the top of the list was All Channels so knowing I'd arranged things in the groups, I clicked the All Channels. All this did was close the Groups list.
However when I clicked the Channel button I found the list is now complete.

It is a pity the MP MANUAL which I have been so dutifully following is so incomplete about this (and many other) areas, else I may have been able to work this out earlier.

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    How can i use this plugin? IÄm using monocrome skin and i cannot the a button for manual recordings in it...

pkaul

Portal Pro
    October 13, 2007
    Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Vur,

Thanks for your reply pkaul. fyi I have just managed to make my channel list in MyTV complete. I went into MP Configuration/TV/TV Channel Groups/ Map Channels tab. All the channels were there on the left so I put them into their respective groups. I'm not sure if this was actually necessary, but I did it anyway.

I clicked OK then went into MP proper\TV\Channel The list was still incomplete. I then clicked Group. At the top of the list was All Channels so knowing I'd arranged things in the groups, I clicked the All Channels. All this did was close the Groups list.
    However when I clicked the Channel button I found the list is now complete.

It is a pity the MP MANUAL which I have been so dutifully following is so incomplete about this (and many other) areas, else I may have been able to work this out earlier.

thanks for this information. It believe that there is a but in TV Recordings so that ALL channels are displayed even if there not mapped. I will fix this.

Hi dvdfreak,

Just wanted to let you all know that For The Record was released a couple of days ago:

Announcement

I hope pkaul can upgrade his plugin to support this rather than the now obsolete TV Scheduler :)

oh, this are good news. Congratulations to the launch of 4therecords. I 'm planning to support it and migrate the TV Scheduler code. I'm sure that there are not too many changes made. Right? But I will wait until MP 1.0 is released finally so that everything is in sync.

Hi disaster123

How can i use this plugin? IÄm using monocrome skin and i cannot the a button for manual recordings in it...

what exactly is the problem? It there no button or does the button not work? Currently, only the BlueTwo skins are supported but I heard that other skins might work. You might try to copy the files TvRecordings.xml and DialogScheduleTvRecording.xml from the skin/BlueTwo to the Monochrome-skin directory.

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Just wanted to let you all know that For The Record was released a couple of days ago:

Announcement

I hope pkaul can upgrade his plugin to support this rather than the now obsolete TV Scheduler :)

oh, this are good news. Congratulations to the launch of 4therecords. I 'm planning to support it and migrate the TV Scheduler code. I'm sure that there are not too many changes made. Right? But I will wait until MP 1.0 is released finally so that everything is in sync.

You should have no problem at all making your code work with For The Record instead of TV Scheduler, only minor changes will be needed.

And :D for the congratulations :D

pluto69

April 27, 2008
    Hi pluto69,

Thanks for your reply, here you can find the Mediaportal.log you asked for...

I think I found a bug in my code. This problems seems to occur, when there are two channels configured having the same display name (e.g. two chhannels named "BBC"). Can you verify this assumption?

I will fix this problem in a few days.

Greetings
    Peter

You're right: I've two channels with the same name.
    I've changed the name of one of the two channels and now everything works... Thanks!!!

bye
    pluto69

Matteo79

August 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    TV Recordings v3.0 Crash

Hi, I have installed the "TV Recordings plugin v3.0" under "Media Portal V1.0 RC2" but I have the following problem:
    - If I don't check the box [Use TV-Server as TV Engine] using "Plugins->TV Recordings->Configuration" I have no channel to select for the registration.
    - If I check the box over quoted, when I select the "TV Recordings" in Media Portal "My Plugins" Menu the program crash.
    I have attached to this message the file error.log. I hope that it can be helpful for you.

Thank you for any support

pkaul

Portal Pro
    October 13, 2007
    Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Matteo79

Hi, I have installed the "TV Recordings plugin v3.0" under "Media Portal V1.0 RC2" but I have the following problem:
    - If I don't check the box [Use TV-Server as TV Engine] using "Plugins->TV Recordings->Configuration" I have no channel to select for the registration.
    - If I check the box over quoted, when I select the "TV Recordings" in Media Portal "My Plugins" Menu the program crash.
    I have attached to this message the file error.log. I hope that it can be helpful for you.

Thank you for any support

There is a sentence in the logfile which says "Impossibile trovare il metodo 'Void TvControl.IController.GetAllRecordingChannels". Since my italian is not too good I have to ask: Does this mean that the mentioned method does not exist or can't be found?
    If so, I think this problem has to do with a newer TVServer version (I guess its the 1.0 RC) you are using than I used when I adapted the plugin the last time. I have to fix this. I hope I can do this in the next days but I can't promise. Stay tuned!

Matteo79

August 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Sorry for the missing translation:
    "Impossibile trovare il metodo 'Void TvControl.IController.GetAllRecordingChannels'" is equal to "method 'Void TvControl.IController.GetAllRecordingChannels' can't be found".
    I confirm I am using MediaPortal TV-Server v1.0 RC2 and ... ok, I will stay tuned.

pkaul

Portal Pro
    October 13, 2007
    Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Matteo79,

you will find a patched version of TV Recordings plugin attached to this message. It should work now with the TV Server RC2. Simply replace the file plugins\Windows\GUITVRecordings.dll in your MP installation with the file inside the attached ZIP. I hope it will solve your problem. Please send me a note whether it works or not since I haven't had the time to test it well by myself. I will release an official version as soon as MP 1.0 final is out.

Greetings
    Peter

Sorry for the missing translation:
    "Impossibile trovare il metodo 'Void TvControl.IController.GetAllRecordingChannels'" is equal to "method 'Void TvControl.IController.GetAllRecordingChannels' can't be found".
    I confirm I am using MediaPortal TV-Server v1.0 RC2 and ... ok, I will stay tuned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom