Annoying display bug! Please help me, I'm about to give up :) (1 Viewer)

ibizalover

Portal Member
July 9, 2008
Hi everyone,

I just upgraded my HTPC with Windows 8.1 two weeks ago. At first, I installed the special version of MP 1.4 for Windows 8.1 Preview I found on the forum and it's was working fine.

Then I upgraded to MP 1.5 and now I have an annoying issue: when navigating through the menu, the soft quits the full screen mode and there's no way to come back to it:

upload_2013-10-6_12-8-11.png

The computer however still thinks it's in full screen. This bug occurs randomly so no exact step to reproduce it. But it happens systematicaly and when it does it happens very quickly after launch.

My HTPC is plugged through HDMI to my A/V receiver with a 1080p resolution. So I tried to plug it directly to the TV to check if ithe issue could come from that but the bug still occurs...

Again, everything was working fine with MP 1.4 with the same config/plugs.

Could someone help me please? I'm using MP for sor many years now. I can't live without it :)

Thanks in advance for all your kindly answers!

hardretro

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2011
    Home Country
    England England
    In the Configuration app under General>Startup/Resume Settings, what is the resolution under Start Screen being recognised as?

ibizalover

Portal Member
    July 9, 2008
    upload_2013-10-7_23-8-12.png

Hi again,

While the resolution of my HTPC is 1080p I can only see this 720p res there.

However, it always has been the case, even in MP 1.4 so I'm not sure the issue comes from this. But you're right I should have a 1080p res here anayway...

Aurora13

Portal Pro
    November 2, 2006
    As mentioned in the other thread about this same issue:

I have the same problem. Win8 with MP1.4 no problems. Fresh install win8.1 and MP1.5 and the Start screen shows (1536 x 864) instead of 1920 x 1080.

Pioneer TV 1080P HDMI
    nvidia GT 430

When using the default Microsoft driver for the video card the MP Configuration Start screen says (1920 x 1080).

Easy to solve bug I hope?

-=DeNMaN=-

Portal Member
    November 9, 2006
    Home Country
    I have the same issue. Works flawless on Win8 and just did the update through the Windows Store to 8.1. MP1.5 was installed

Nvidia 430 GT
    Pioneer VSX-537 AMP HDMI => Samsung UA55D8000 LCD.

Running 1920x1080, Dynamic refresh 60,50,24Hz

I haven't spent a lot of time on it yet but ill start with trying the new Nvidia Beta drivers which are more dev'ed for Win8.1. Am currently running 324.xx or something. Im at work so ill fill in the rest later

-=DeNMaN=-

Portal Member
    November 9, 2006
    Home Country
    I have tired the newest Nvidia Beta Drivers and nothing has changed with the issue. On my end, it's intermittent where the video would sometimes play full screen as it should but then I play something else and it like the screenshot above.

Stopping the content being played still leaves the screen half filled.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Which of you are using multiple monitors?
    Which of you have video card directly connected to tv, and which of you having it going through a receiver?

Please start mediaportal in debug mode then close MP after the bug occurs and upload the log files, along with the answers to the above questions... Detailed instructions on how to do this are located in my forum signature.

-=DeNMaN=-

Portal Member
    November 9, 2006
    Home Country
    Hi Kiwijunglist.

Ill edit my post later with the added logs.

I'm using one display which is connect to my Pioneer VSX-537 receiver via HDMI which is then connected to my Nvidia 430. I have tired connecting directly from the Videocard to the Display but I had the same issues.

Logs attached

Last edited:

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Kiwijunglist.

Ill edit my post later with the added logs.

I'm using one display which is connect to my Pioneer VSX-537 receiver via HDMI which is then connected to my Nvidia 430. I have tired connecting directly from the Videocard to the Display but I had the same issues.

Logs attached

So just to confirm, you ran MP in debug mode, waited till MP had the bug where it suddenly goes into a "window" (like the screenshot at start of thread), then exited MP + uploaded your log files?

@kiwijunglist
    I have an nVidia GT 430 direct attached with HDMI to my Pioneer Plasma LX-608.

So just to confirm, you ran MP in debug mode, waited till MP had the bug where it suddenly goes into a "window" (like the screenshot at start of thread), then exited MP + uploaded your log files?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom