Another MCE-Clone - Download available (2 Viewers)

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    As MP evolves there are several issues with this skin right now. I also noticed that it freezes at times (especially in music) with the latest cvs'es. Mostly I've found that this is mostly related to new xml files being used as features get added/changed.

I will hold off with a new release for new, as I feel there are heavy changes going on that would require a new release like every week.

However, you can easily fix this yourself for now. Just copy all the xml files from the MCE skin and paste them into the RealMP dir. Answer no for everything it wants to overwrite. This way you will have all the newly required xml's in the directoy. Some of them may look a bit weird, but it works for now and works with all new cvs's.

Once things have stabilized a bit I will release an updated version, that should also adress all the bugs mentioned before.

Thank you for your patience.

Inker

Ralph

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Inker,

I've updated mytvprogram.xml:

mytvprogram.jpg

Maybe you would like to put it into the zip-file of RealMP?

If someone would like using it, just download here, unzip and overwrite mytvprogram.xml in RealMP folder:
    mytvprogram.xml

Also made an update for MCE-Skin and it's in the patch-list at SF:
    https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1419073&group_id=107397&atid=647927

Regards
    Ralph

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    Ralph said:
    Hi Inker,

I've updated mytvprogram.xml:

Maybe you would like to put it into the zip-file of RealMP?

Thanks ralph, will update tomorrow...I finally need to put an updated version online ;-)

This one might even go 16:9 since I'm getting a new TV....put no promises just yet, have to figure out how much work it really is first :)

onkl

Portal Pro
    February 18, 2005
    Wageningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    pmbsa said:
    Hi, I was wondering if anybody else is getting strange problems with this skin on RC2

thanks
    PAul
    Yes, there is a problem with at least a mymusic GUI crash in the latest CVS (possibly other too). I copyed videooverlaytop.xml from the mce skin dir to realmp dir. That surely improved things. Check your error.log, it will list the skin files MP is missing. With some luck a simple copy paste does the trick.

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    BigBuddha said:
    Sorry for being so blonde, but has there been an update to this awesome skin since 08/January/2006 ?

It is currently being overhauled and converted to 16:9. While I'm not developing the 4:3 skin in particular anymore (we need more 16:9 skins, already have lots of 4:3 ones) a quick test has shown that the 16:9 skin can be used on 4:3 or one can simply replace the gfx if desired.

Like last time, I cannot say anything about a release date. I already use the skin on my HTPC and it is very usable already. So I estimate another week until a first public release.

While it is based on my original skin, there are differences once again. I was told however, that the skin looks better now and has a more "finished look" to it.

Screenshots will come in due time.

Inker

smnnekho

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 6, 2006
    Germany
    without intending to bother you i wished to ask for any progress on your new project as there were 4 "estimated another weeks" since you make me curious (-;

i really like realMP and kept using it since it was available, so i'm looking fw to another piece of your work (-;

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    smnnekho said:
    without intending to bother you i wished to ask for any progress on your new project as there were 4 "estimated another weeks" since you make me curious (-;

i really like realMP and kept using it since it was available, so i'm looking fw to another piece of your work (-;

I know, and I sincereley appologize for that.

I promise to update this skin over the weekend to get it fully working with the current version.
    Furthermore, I will release a new and improved 16:9 version of this skin by then.

Again, sorry for the delay.

Inker

smnnekho

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 6, 2006
    Germany
    cool, i'm really glad to hear that.

but there is no need for apologizing unless you don't receive money for your work:lol: :D . take as much time as you need. i'm sure the result will be veen better then (-;

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom