Another MCE-Clone - Download available (1 Viewer)

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    Ok, heres the deal.

I have updated the skin so that it should now work with RC3, however no enhancements (other than some bugs mentioned in this thread) have been made. There might even be some issues with hover images sometimes not diplaying right. The truth is, it is a huge pain in the ass to maintain a skin, you often have to change something, start MP, test, get back, adjust, test again etc... And for a skin that I don't use myself anymore, I'm afraid I lack the motivation to sit down after a day already in front of the computer at work, and work on it for several hours. That's cheap, I know, but its the truth. I will upload the update sometime later today or early tomorrow. This will be the final update from me on this skin. Anybody of course is free to update it, or use the graphics for other MEDIAPORTAL skins or whatever. Please don't use it for non Mediaportal stuff.

With that in mind, I have also decided the following:
    I will not officially release the 16:9 version of this skin, but anyone asks I'll gladly provide it to you. Heck, I might just put it on some webspace and put a link in here, thats easier. Yeah, I'll do that together with the update. Just don't expect me to update it for every minor release, since I only update the MP version on my HTPC every other month or so and I also don't use every function of MP, so I have a clear priority list of what needs to work for me. I feel there are now good 16:9 skins out there, so there is no real need for this skin. If you'd like to use it, feel free to do so, just don't rely on it. Don't let that stop you from making suggestions/posting bugs and I will look at them from time to time, but please please understand that I might not fix them anytime soon or maybe at all.

If anyone would like to help me with the skin and/or wants to commit to maintaining it, let me know. If you find a bug and you're able to solve it yourself, or you think a different graphic looks better somewhere, please let me know too. Kind of a community thing I guess.

Some screenshots of the 16:9 version (native 720p resolution):
    1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

Boilermaker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2004
    The truth is, it is a huge pain in the ass to maintain a skin, you often have to change something, start MP, test, get back, adjust, test again etc...

I feel your pain. Ever since the refresh plugin stopped working, its has made skinning a lot more time consuming.

ASiDiE

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2005
    USA
    I know Smirnuff is still around... (Pretty sure he was the one that wrote the refresh tool) I also know that he was looking at another skin and made some comment about writing some code. I think the refresh tool is something that really helps the skinners out. Maybe he is unaware that it is not working anymore. Maybe someone could post something about it and the issue might be fixed.

P.S. Thats a lot of somethings in there.... I just don't want to speak for anyone.

BTW... KILLER SKIN!

Harley

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi all,

..the myrefresh plugin from smirnuff works fine , i have it also tested with last cvs. There is all ok with. You must only disabled in mp setup the point :Mediaportal allways on top. :)

..happy skinning :)

btw: the screens looking good !

Greetings Harley

alienwarexp

Portal Member
    April 4, 2006
    Yeah i had problems with this skin and version RC3. The skin/program/sometimes windows locks up on me when i use that skin and play music. I hope that it could be fixed cause i really like this skin and love the improvements of RC3.

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    New version uploaded.

If it crashes somewhere, please let me know.

16:9 version - see new forum post :)

Inker

Peder

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2006
    Hi!
    Think this skin looks very nice. Having problems when browsing my movies, is there no option to view as file mode or am i missing something?
    /Kind Regard
    Peder

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    Is there any were i can downlaod this great piece of art all the links i have found so far are dead.

https://www.team-mediaportal.com/files/Download/Skins/4:3/RealMP/

However it most likely will not work at all in the latest releases. I have stopped supporting this skin many months ago and lots of things have changed.

If you manage to bring it up to date (I would suggest using the current B2's xmls and this skins graphics and where nesessary tweak the xmls) please make sure you upload your result so others can have acess to it.

Let me know how it goes.

Inker

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom