Any update on a possible release date for 0.2 RC2 (1 Viewer)

onkl

Portal Pro
February 18, 2005
Wageningen
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Khris said:
mickyblue said:
its been a month since anything been posted on it :(

Guess that means that there isn't an update yet! :D

Let the developers do their work. They'll work better, and more inclined to work without countless people asking Is is done yet? Is it done yet? Is it done yet? Is it done yet?

It's ok to ask for updates, however it's not ok to ask the same question which 1000 people have already asked before you......odds are the answer hasn't changed.
Agree. Therefore, it might be usefull to post something on the main section of the website, to keep the "countless noobs" (amongst who the humble speaker) quiet.
To be clear, I don't care what the message is (It could as well be "Dunno, piss off" as "Next week, friday"), I'm sure devvers are working their arse off, so I neither should nor want to hurry them more.

Khris

Portal Pro
July 2, 2005
Edmonton, AB
Home Country
Canada Canada
But on the other side of that.....why do the developers have to treat everyone like children with messages like "It's not ready yet......just wait longer."

Can people not assume that since there hasn't been any new news yet, that it's still being worked on? It's not that hard of a concept to wait patiently until it's ready.

onkl

Portal Pro
February 18, 2005
Wageningen
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Khris said:
But on the other side of that.....why do the developers have to treat everyone like children with messages like "It's not ready yet......just wait longer."

Can people not assume that since there hasn't been any new news yet, that it's still being worked on? It's not that hard of a concept to wait patiently until it's ready.
Good point. Anyway, if anyone on the crew considers the fans swirling around a nuissance, just post something on the frontpage, but yes, you're right, we shouldn't complain.
And, as far as Shrek 2 is concerned: great movie. Let's consider the mild simularities as a good omen :D

Khris

Portal Pro
July 2, 2005
Edmonton, AB
Home Country
Canada Canada
We, as a society, are always putting deadlines on things.....we need to have that tangible time/date when to expect something.

Since the developers ARE working on MP, we can literally pick a date out of our ass if we want as to when the next release will be. Who cares! Life will go on until the next MP release! :)

If you're really that upset that there's no news, feel free to keep up to date with the daily CVS builds. If you aren't prepared to deal with the potential bugs that come with the CVS builds, then continue to use whichever version you're currently using and sit patiently! :)

Users who are viewing this thread