Home Country
    Denmark Denmark

pnyberg

Portal Pro
    August 21, 2006
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Anyone tried running 720P h.264 LIVE TV with no problems?
    And if that is the case are you using CoreAVC for it?
    Perhaps dependent of the bitrate of the broadcast?

Thinking of buying one and use CoreAVC and have it as a networked client to my TVE3 server (wired 100Mbit).
    But I would like some more input

Thanks in advance!

TranceManNZ

Portal Pro
    July 30, 2006

Thinking of buying one and use CoreAVC and have it as a networked client to my TVE3 server (wired 100Mbit).

Thanks in advance!

I have been trying to get this working for some time now with mixed results. I think you are correct in saying it depends on the bitrate of the broadcast. Sometimes it works mint and other times not so good at all. I have only trying with PowerDVD codec but will try CoreAVC for you tonight. I am also running my eeeBox overclocked :p

What I am waiting for, is some kinda way to force the tv server only to use DVB-S as this works mint on the eeeBox. Still, as MP stands there is no easy way to do this.

I'll edit later with my CoreAVC findings.

I tried out CoreAVC and still no luck. The picture played pretty smooth but the sound was waaaaaay out of sync.

Darre

Portal Pro
    April 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I have 60-80% CPU usage with CoreAVC and your standard 720p tv-rip(streaming over 1gbit network). I had to convert some fanart to .bmp and scaled down thumbs in tv-series to get it to work as fast as I wanted. It looks just like my old (much faster and noisier) box now, so I'm happy =)

Got my HD videos at 1:1 pixel and with s/pdif sound :)

TranceManNZ

Portal Pro
    July 30, 2006
    I have 60-80% CPU usage with CoreAVC and your standard 720p tv-rip(streaming over 1gbit network). I had to convert some fanart to .bmp and scaled down thumbs in tv-series to get it to work as fast as I wanted. It looks just like my old (much faster and noisier) box now, so I'm happy =)

Got my HD videos at 1:1 pixel and with s/pdif sound :)

Playing 720p tv rips is a little different to streaming HDTV. I also have no issues playing 720p tv rips.

pnyberg

Portal Pro
    August 21, 2006
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

Thanks in advance!

I have been trying to get this working for some time now with mixed results. I think you are correct in saying it depends on the bitrate of the broadcast. Sometimes it works mint and other times not so good at all. I have only trying with PowerDVD codec but will try CoreAVC for you tonight. I am also running my eeeBox overclocked :p

What I am waiting for, is some kinda way to force the tv server only to use DVB-S as this works mint on the eeeBox. Still, as MP stands there is no easy way to do this.

I'll edit later with my CoreAVC findings.

I tried out CoreAVC and still no luck. The picture played pretty smooth but the sound was waaaaaay out of sync.

You've received thanks from me TranceManNZ, Darre!
    I will probably buy it anyway - since most of my channels are SDTV anyhow. And will probably be for quite some time here in Sweden (DVB-T). But now I know what to expect from it, thanks again.

Just curious, could you try out to not use RTSP when streaming, like described here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/general-support-51/tvplugin-avoiding-rtsp-multiseat-mode-test-plz-36735/?highlight=usertsp

I've seen various problems when using RTSP (especially related to HD streaming), which is completely gone when not using RTSP as described in the above thread.

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom