Apollo for Mediaportal 1 (1 Viewer)

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    When I press on live TV on the main tab, I go directly to the tv guide. It would be more intuitive to go to live tv immediately imo.
    In your opinion maybe but we have already had this conversation and majority of people do not access it this way me icluded which is why it is like it is.
    The colour difference between watched and unwatched is confusing. The unwatched movies are a bit greyish. The watched movies 'pop' out more then the unwatched, because of the blue coulour. Maybe reverse the colours or use other colours?
    I prefer them this way as opposite to your opinion you can actually see which items are unwatched faster plus there are filters available to view unwatched items and a red tab unwatched indicator under the cover.
    When selecting the movie I go to the movie details. 'Play''and 'Trailers' need more 'pop' to let them be more visible to the user. There is a lot of text and the selection box is easy to miss.
    Disagree i'm not really sure how you could miss a button that is half of the screen in width
    When I press the info button while playing a movie, the buttons to adjust audio, subs etc. are quite small. Even on my 55 inch TV. Maybe raise the size.
    Those buttons are the same size as everywhere else they are used and no problem for me but you are welcome to adjust them
    When I jump back and forth through a movie, with the left, right, up and down buttons, the total time left isn't displayed. Also maybe add an option to change time left to actual time and end time.
    Current time and remaining time are displayed when selecting info button so you should be able to work out the end time ? time remaining is missing from zap osd which i can add but that screen is only shown for a couple of seconds anyway so you may not even catch it.
    Maybe add some fanart in the background but subtle.
    Already implemented
    Add an indicator for the 'left' menu.More user friendly
    The skin is designed to be as clean as possible hence why no hidden menu icon is visible, it is accessed the same in every screen if available so once you have done it once you know what to do. Again please feel free to adjust and add to the mod section if you don't like it.
    Also please dont take offence to any comments i have made they are just my honest answers to comments on a skin which i made for personal use but have made available to everyone.

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I respect your opinion. I wish you all the best with the development of this skin.

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    The colour difference between watched and unwatched is confusing. The unwatched movies are a bit greyish. The watched movies 'pop' out more then the unwatched, because of the blue coulour. Maybe reverse the colours or use other colours?
    I prefer them this way as opposite to your opinion you can actually see which items are unwatched faster plus there are filters available to view unwatched items and a red tab unwatched indicator under the cover.
    In this case I have to agree with @CypherMK, to me it would be more logical the other way around, but it's far from a deal breaker. I remember this discussion from a couple of skins, Maya and Avalon, where I think one of them actually changed from watched "popping out" to unwatched "popping out".

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    Yep it's all down to personal preference at the end of the day and anybody is free to change them to how they prefer it like @Ministerk has done with his mods.
    Aside from this the blue was already planned to be shaded to the correct color as the one it is now is like i said legacy from defaultwide skin which i haven't got around to yet, so while i won't be switching the colors you should get the same effect i will post a screen shot in a moment.

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    Exhibit A bitches lol

Attachments

• color.jpg
      color.jpg
      741.4 KB

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    My question is (and I really do not care, just curious) why the red bar under box cover too then? How many ways in one screen does one need to be told this item has not been watched?

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    My question is (and I really do not care, just curious) why the red bar under box cover too then? How many ways in one screen does one need to be told this item has not been watched?
    That is exactly what i have been saying lol but if i removed the coloring i'm sure many would cry and many would claim it's a showstopper and they can't use the skin lmao :ROFLMAO: i think people get stuck in their ways sometimes.

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    Hi Guys,
    in a few words on this topic:)
    form the very binning of mp skins all the defaults skins we all time try to put as many info that we can on every screen, as the default skin was the wiki for all community skiners ;) to show them all option ... sure we did not expect every skin to use all options that have....

for your questions about this skin .... the red mark code was set for logo image watch/not watch.... and the titles is deterrent code for text in list.

some info from the old days :D

Brudertac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2006
    Augsburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Using the LogoManager.... The Textfield "Size" is maybe a little to small.
    It is all cut off.

I really like this Skin. :)

EDIT: In the little Guide (Press Enter while watching TV), if there is a long Text it collides with the Circe on the right side.

Second EDIT: Copied to Bug Thread. I knew there was something... :) Sorry :)

Attachments

• upload_2015-7-16_20-4-16.png
      upload_2015-7-16_20-4-16.png
      947.9 KB
    • upload_2015-7-16_20-20-0.png
      upload_2015-7-16_20-20-0.png
      488.8 KB
    Last edited by a moderator:

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    can you post these in the bugs thread not the main one please, it gets hard to keep track :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom