App to Copy Artwork and Details to Movie Folder v0.5.6 (1 Viewer)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    i have upgraded to moving pictures 0.7.5
    my movies imported post upgrade have the imdb url correctly in the .txt file
    however the old movies don't
    i ran moving pictures configuration
    i can't see any imdb url in the movie details view (even for movies imported post upgrade)

attachment.php

So in your moving pictures config, you can see IMDB URL as well as IMDB ID under movie details?

If you can't get it to work I can change the current app to have the option of appending the imdb id instead of using the details url from the database, just let me know.

Yes, i would appreciate this option.

Attachments

• imdburl.JPG
      imdburl.JPG
      102.2 KB

jmcentire

Portal Pro
    November 7, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    URL doesn't show up in MP config, but it is in the database...check back tomorrow, I should have some time to add that option to the app.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    That would be great. PS - The http link file would also need to be created via the IMDB ID directly.

URL doesn't show up in MP config, but it is in the database...check back tomorrow, I should have some time to add that option to the app.

When i browse movingpictures.db3 i see the details url is left blank with some movies (even though they have correct IMDB ID)

jmcentire

Portal Pro
    November 7, 2008
    Home Country
    New Version 0.3.8

Instead of adding another option, I just have it automatically check to see if your details url field from Moving Pictures is filled or not, if it is the app will use that for the info file and link, if not it will use the IMDB id to create the url for the info file and link. Let me know how it works.

See first post for latest version.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Unfortunately it didn't solve my problem.

I went back into the database.db3 file, the details_url is not strictly empty, it contains 1 character, looks to be a single space_bar character, but could also be a non breaking space character, or a blank character.

jmcentire

Portal Pro
    November 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Unfortunately it didn't solve my problem.

I went back into the database.db3 file, the details_url is not strictly empty, it contains 1 character, looks to be a single space_bar character, but could also be a non breaking space character, or a blank character.

Just updated first post with a new version, give it a try and let me know if that does it.

Thanks

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    i posted the issue as a bug in movingpictures (mp fails to populate details_url if the .nfo/.txt file that is scanned only contains imdb url) so hopefully will be fixed in 0.8/0.9

0.3.8.1 - Works for me, thank you.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Have you thought about creating a similar app for my tv series?

Most users use the following folder structure

\%tvshowname%\Season XX\filename.avi

eg. E:\TELEVISION\Futurama\Futurama - Season 3\futurama.3x01.the_honking.dvdrip_xvid-fov.avi

If you could scan the database retreieve the information for each episode

Save episode thumb as %episodefilename%.jpg in the same folder as the episode
    Save the corresponding season poster as folder.jpg in the same folder as the episode (if not exist already)
    Save the corresponding tvshow poster as folder.jpg in the parent folder of the episode (if not exist already)

I think this would be more difficult as the database is much more complicated and there are multiple image choices for each season/tvshow poster, however if you want to do it and want help i can work out the logic / formating rules for the database and post them up in english and you can translate to code.

I can also suggest a similar idea for music

Most users use the following structure
    \artist\album\filename.mp3

Most users have \artist\album\folder.jpg = album thumbnail

It would be good to autocreate \artist\folder.jpg = artist thumbnail

Mediaportal already has the artist images in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\Music\Artists\
    There are two images for each arist, aristname.jpg and artistnameL.jpg
    These images are created automatically by audioscrobber plugin and creates an artist image from last.fm for every artist in the database.
    A stand alone application could populate artist folder.jpg as follows

1. User select root music folder %rootfolder%
    2. Applications scans the name of each of %rootfolder%'s level 1 subfolder and stores it as %subfoldername%
    3. If exist C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\Music\Artists\%subfoldername%L.jpg then copy that file to %rootfolder%\%subfoldername%\folder.jpg

Average

Portal Member
    April 25, 2009
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi i got an error

"Program can't start because msvcr71.dll is missing from your computer"

I download the msvcr71.dll and it opened sweet.

Just thought id let you know.
    Cheers

jmcentire

Portal Pro
    November 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Hi i got an error

"Program can't start because msvcr71.dll is missing from your computer"

I download the msvcr71.dll and it opened sweet.

Just thought id let you know.
    Cheers

Strange...that dll should be present on all windows 2000 and newer OS.

Have you thought about creating a similar app for my tv series?

I can also suggest a similar idea for music

I have thought about creating one for tv series, I actually started to write a script to do it, but then thought I should really use a better way of querying the database, so I have been playing around with that instead. Once I get that all figured out I'll start working on a tv series script again.

For the music, that seems pretty simple, I might have some time later today to throw an initial script together and have you test it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom