App to Copy Artwork and Details to Movie Folder v0.5.6 (2 Viewers)

rasmuskarlsen

Portal Pro
October 9, 2008
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
What can i excactly use this for!? Imagened something like, i could backup Coverart, Fanart, Imdb movie info link in .nfo file, in the movie folder. And easely import it again to Moving Pictures.

So i tried the following:

- Ran the program, and i got Coverart (named coverart) and Fanart (named fanart) in every movie folder. Further more an .nfo with IMDB link.
- I deleted all my images for coverart / fanart in: C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs
- Removed all the Coverart and Fanart importers in Moving pictures, only enabled the "Local Data"
- Deleted the "Watch folder" in Moving Pictures, so all my movie data was deleted.
- Added the Watch folder again, and now the movies was re-imported. BUT: WITHOUT any coverart and fanart!?????

Further more i cannot select Moving Pictures to save fanart and coverart in each movie folder..?

So what can i excactly use this: "MP Artwork and Info Copier" for!??

jmcentire

Portal Pro
November 7, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
See the first post:

This app will talk to your Moving Pictures database and make a copy of the current movie artwork(cover and backdrop) to the directory of your movie file. This way when browsing your movies through windows explorer or devices like WDTV the covers show up.

As of right now having the info file(with the at least the IMDB address) and your artwork you could greatly reduce the time it takes to do a complete import, and once MP 0.8 comes out we should be able to pull your custom information(title/sort title/user score) from the info file as well on an import.

Also you still need your importers, they just need to be set to look for the nfo/coverart/fanart in the movie folder.

What can i excactly use this for!? Imagened something like, i could backup Coverart, Fanart, Imdb movie info link in .nfo file, in the movie folder. And easely import it again to Moving Pictures.

- Ran the program, and i got Coverart (named coverart) and Fanart (named fanart) in every movie folder. Further more an .nfo with IMDB link.
- I deleted all my images for coverart / fanart in: C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs
- Removed all the Coverart and Fanart importers in Moving pictures, only enabled the "Local Data"
- Deleted the "Watch folder" in Moving Pictures, so all my movie data was deleted.
- Added the Watch folder again, and now the movies was re-imported. BUT: WITHOUT any coverart and fanart!?????

Further more i cannot select Moving Pictures to save fanart and coverart in each movie folder..?

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Basically you get a local folder copy of the fanart & backdrop. If you delete your mediaportal thumbs (eg. by reinstalling mediaportal or formating) when you reimport moving pictures will just grab the local copies instead of using the internet. Also if you browse using windows explorer you get nice folder images. If you use another importer eg. mediabrowser for MCE it will automatically pickup the covers/fanart as well.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I don't use the 'one folder per movie' setup, but got multitude of AVI and MKV files in Genre folders (i.e. "D:\Movies\Action").

This makes the folder.jpg and backdrop.jpg method useless for me, but I would like to make use of a 'movie_filename.nfo' method containing the information that MovingPictures plugin can use on a re-import (an optional 'movie_filename.jpg' wouldn't hurt either for the cover).

Will it be possible for you to adjust your tool to allow an extra option for that type of collection?

PS: I guess I should see how hard AutoHotkey programming is, and adjust your script to add folder structure re-organisation as well, so that "D:\Movies\Sci-Fi\Star Wars.avi" is turned into "D:\Movies\Sci-Fi\Star Wars (1977)\Star Wars.avi", based on the info that MovingPictures database holds.

rasmuskarlsen

Portal Pro
    October 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    See the first post:

This app will talk to your Moving Pictures database and make a copy of the current movie artwork(cover and backdrop) to the directory of your movie file. This way when browsing your movies through windows explorer or devices like WDTV the covers show up.

As of right now having the info file(with the at least the IMDB address) and your artwork you could greatly reduce the time it takes to do a complete import, and once MP 0.8 comes out we should be able to pull your custom information(title/sort title/user score) from the info file as well on an import.

Also you still need your importers, they just need to be set to look for the nfo/coverart/fanart in the movie folder.

Can you please explain:

The .NFO scanner is enabled... And "Movie Details Scraper" is set to IMDB, and all movie details are imported...
    Coverart / Fanart-Scrapers, are set to "Local Data", and no Coverart / Fanart is imported!??

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I don't use the 'one folder per movie' setup, but got multitude of AVI and MKV files in Genre folders (i.e. "D:\Movies\Action").

There is a program on the forum that automatically creates one folder per movie

eg. It will turn

d:\movies\Anchorman - The Movie.avi
    d:\movies\blackknight.avi
    d:\movies\Matrix CD1.avi
    d:\movies\Matrix CD2.avi

Into...

d:\movies\Anchorman - The Movie\Anchorman - The Movie.avi
    d:\movies\blackknight\blackknight.avi
    d:\movies\Matrix CD1\Matrix CD1.avi
    d:\movies\Matrix CD2\Matrix CD2.avi

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    d:\movies\Anchorman - The Movie\Anchorman - The Movie.avi
    d:\movies\blackknight\blackknight.avi
    d:\movies\Matrix CD1\Matrix CD1.avi
    d:\movies\Matrix CD2\Matrix CD2.avi

If I'm going to go with a folder structure, I want it to be a good one from the start, using the information from the MovingPictures database (my actual filenames are a disaster, so need the clean title from dbase) as well as adding useful info such as the 'Year'. That way "D:\Movies\Sci-Fi\The Matrix (1999)" folder also ends up holding both "Matrix CD1.avi" and "Matrix CD2.avi" files.

I do not want to get rid of the Genre folders that I use, just incase I ever add a MediaGate/etc box to my network again, which are mainly text-navigational based.

Since your script already uses the MovingPictures database to pull the right information to create the NFO files, I figured it would be much easier to adjust it to do the folder structure shuffle, then adjusting the folder script you mention to work with the database. Ideally it would alter the MovingPictures database as well to reflect the new location, so that a full re-import is not needed (mainly to retain the watched-flag).

Surferosa

Portal Pro
    September 2, 2009
    Home Country
    England England
    I had a minor issue with this program- in fact I'm not even sure if the fault lies with this program or how MP saves the cover art down.

I have a WDTV Live on my network, so this was ideal to get all the info already scraped into MP into the folders. Only 1 minor issue- all the artwork comes through as .jpg; whereas in actual fact most of it is .png. Ive solved how to fix this using a batch renamer and a Photoshop batch script to resize and save as a lower res .jpg. The WDTV Live doesnt like anything other than jpg's as the folder image- it can't show backdrops at all currently- and anything over 300x300 / 70k file size it may not show either.

Even so, managed to get all the artwork sorted for 500'ish films all sorted in a couple of hours work- so a big thanks for me.

:D

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Surferosa, PaintShopPro (and there are other solutions as well) had a Batch processing option that would allow you to mass adjust all your pictures, including a conversion from PNG into JPG and resolution adjustment all the same time. Setting up the script takes a few minutes, but after that is will process massive amount of files fully automatic.

It would ruin the cover images for MovingPictures to reuse on a reimport, but that one can download them again if needed anyway, and you obviously want to make it work for WDTV Live.

Surferosa

Portal Pro
    September 2, 2009
    Home Country
    England England
    Surferosa, PaintShopPro (and there are other solutions as well) had a Batch processing option that would allow you to mass adjust all your pictures, including a conversion from PNG into JPG and resolution adjustment all the same time. Setting up the script takes a few minutes, but after that is will process massive amount of files fully automatic.

It would ruin the cover images for MovingPictures to reuse on a reimport, but that one can download them again if needed anyway, and you obviously want to make it work for WDTV Live.

Thats what I did- just used Photoshop CS4 instead ;) Still a pain though as I had to do it in 6 batches- mainly because my video are split across 3 shares; then I had to differentiate the png's from the jpg's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom