App to Copy Artwork and Details to Movie Folder v0.5.6 (2 Viewers)

jmcentire

Portal Pro
November 7, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Re: App to Copy Artwork and Details to Movie Folder

can you please explain the prepend option in your first post in more detail.

For example, if you have " - cover" as the name for coverart and enable prepend the cover for Matrix.avi would end up being "Matrix - cover.jpg". This was really designed for people who have multiple movies in a single folder.

dongadomski

Portal Member
November 29, 2009

New version 0.4 - Updated first post.

NFO file is now in the XBMC format.

Detects if your movie file is in a VIDEO_TS folder, if so it will put the artwork and nfo file in the VIDEO_TS's parent directory.

Hi jmcentire,

today I used the 0.4 version of your script. Unfortunately, the check for the VIDEO_TS folder doesn't work properly for me.
The log file still shows
" Info File Sucessfully Created: \\BlaBla\Shaft\VIDEO_TS\info.nfo - 20100105211802"
and all files - cover, backdrop, imdb-link and .nfo file - are still created in the VIDEO_TS folder. Can you please check the script. Thank you.:D

dongadomski

clahti

Portal Member
November 19, 2008

Hi jmcentire:

RoChess updated the XMBC scraper script to include Language and Writer tags, see this post:

XMBC Scraper - Does it work? - MediaPortal Forum

Any chance you can add these to your artwork copy app? Once I get these two in sync then my multiple instance setup will be complete :D With this I will have a "master" system where I tweak information, fix cover and fan art, etc. then use your application to copy the nfo and artwork to the video folders. Then all my other HTPC's only have to pull locally for everything avoiding the need to go to the web and retain any customizations I have made to the info.

/Christian
:D

Surferosa

Portal Pro
September 2, 2009
Home Country
England England

Have you thought about creating a similar app for my tv series?

I have thought about creating one for tv series, I actually started to write a script to do it, but then thought I should really use a better way of querying the database, so I have been playing around with that instead. Once I get that all figured out I'll start working on a tv series script again.

Only because it had dropped off the radar a little bit, I wondered if this had progressed at all? I use a wdtv-live and an eva8000 both of which use the poster artwork for movies in MP using your app (very good too). It also comes in handy just as a plain old folder view in explorer.

Currently I am using the TV Rename app to download the series posters directly (also to rename series files, and use as a TV scheduller). Its not bad- but updates are scarce and it only downloads the series jpg (as opposed to season / episode artwork). So if it were possible to use your app instead- that would be ace.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006

Hi jmcentire:

RoChess updated the XMBC scraper script to include Language and Writer tags, see this post:

Any chance you can add these to your artwork copy app? Once I get these two in sync then my multiple instance setup will be complete :D With this I will have a "master" system where I tweak information, fix cover and fan art, etc. then use your application to copy the nfo and artwork to the video folders. Then all my other HTPC's only have to pull locally for everything avoiding the need to go to the web and retain any customizations I have made to the info.

/Christian

Make sure you test it and get back to me in the other thread, because otherwise the changes will not be incorporated. I don't rely on the XBMC NFO system myself, so I can't properly test it myself. Since you obviously got your entire collection setup as such, you would be able to test it properly.

Once tested to work, then I can submit it to the SVN so that it will be included in MovingPictures.

jmcentire

Portal Pro
    November 7, 2008
    Home Country

New version 0.4.1 - Updated First Post.

VIDEO_TS folder detection is now working properly:
    New version 0.4 - Updated first post.

NFO file is now in the XBMC format.

Detects if your movie file is in a VIDEO_TS folder, if so it will put the artwork and nfo file in the VIDEO_TS's parent directory.

Hi jmcentire,

today I used the 0.4 version of your script. Unfortunately, the check for the VIDEO_TS folder doesn't work properly for me.
    The log file still shows
    " Info File Sucessfully Created: \\BlaBla\Shaft\VIDEO_TS\info.nfo - 20100105211802"
    and all files - cover, backdrop, imdb-link and .nfo file - are still created in the VIDEO_TS folder. Can you please check the script. Thank you.:D

dongadomski

Added support for Writers and Language:

Hi jmcentire:

/Christian

jmcentire

Portal Pro
    November 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Source

Attached is the current source (v0.4.1) written in Autohotkey....if anyone wants it :)

Attachments

• SOURCE - MP Artwork and Info Copier v0.4.1.zip
      30.7 KB

loinbread

Portal Member
    June 26, 2009
    Home Country

Hmm, I think this might be exactly what I need. Basically: I want to remove some movies I don't plan on watching from my Moving Pictures list but don't want to lose the associated backdrop/covert art and scraped and manually edited film information. What I'm thinking would be to use this app to copy the art and generate an nfo, then move these files as well as the film itself to an external HDD. Then If I want to access them again, I can just copy them across and Moving Pictures will use the data in the movie folder when generating an entry in the database instead of scraping it from the internet, right?

Or is there an easier way to go about this?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006

Hmm, I think this might be exactly what I need. Basically: I want to remove some movies I don't plan on watching from my Moving Pictures list but don't want to lose the associated backdrop/covert art and scraped and manually edited film information. What I'm thinking would be to use this app to copy the art and generate an nfo, then move these files as well as the film itself to an external HDD. Then If I want to access them again, I can just copy them across and Moving Pictures will use the data in the movie folder when generating an entry in the database instead of scraping it from the internet, right?

Or is there an easier way to go about this?

That's exactly what this application will assist you with. Moving Pictures actually leaves the cover/backdrops images alone when it removes a movie, but your movie detail modifications would get lost. So storing those in the NFO files generated by this handy app would solve that. Just make sure you place the XBMC scraper at the top position when you reimport your collection, otherwise the IMDb scraper would still try to obtain all the information.

PS: Next time if you place those movies on an external drive from the start, you can add them inside MovingPictures and when you disconnect the drive, the movie will not be deleted. So the moment you reconnect the drive, all those movies will be available again. Moving Pictures has full support to detect removable media, and not just optical media, but also removable harddisks and such. It can even display the movie in your list and when you try to play it, it will alert you to insert/connect the media to play it.

PS2: So what you could do is; connect the external drive, create a folder on it "Movies" or something, and configure MovingPictures to accept that as import path, i.e. "E:\Movies". Then keep Moving Pictures open, and use Windows Explorer to move the files into the new folder. Moving Pictures will detect it is the same movie and will only adjust the location reference, keeping all the other information. So that would be an easier way, especially since it automatically allows you to reconnect that drive and have all the movies on it instantly be available. But the NFOs would work as well.

loinbread

Portal Member
    June 26, 2009
    Home Country

PS: Next time if you place those movies on an external drive from the start, you can add them inside MovingPictures and when you disconnect the drive, the movie will not be deleted. So the moment you reconnect the drive, all those movies will be available again. Moving Pictures has full support to detect removable media, and not just optical media, but also removable harddisks and such. It can even display the movie in your list and when you try to play it, it will alert you to insert/connect the media to play it.

Ohh wow, I never realised! Ha ha, that's pretty foolish of me. Thanks for the heads up on all of that. I knew it worked with optical media but never with external HDDs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom