App to Copy Artwork and Details to Movie Folder v0.5.6 (1 Viewer)

jmcentire

Portal Pro
November 7, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Re: App to Copy Artwork and Details to Movie Folder

Ask in the nfo scraper thread.

kcpent

Portal Member
December 25, 2009
Lake Macquarie
Home Country

Hi there, can anyone tell me any reason why the "MP Artwork and Info Copier v0.5.1" application will not create a .nfo file for "Barbie As Rapunzel.avi"? I have treated it the same as all my other movies with regards to naming etc, no special characters bla bla bla, but the application just does not seem to create a .nfo file for that folder/movie. i will attach the logs for "MP Artwork and Info Copier v0.5.1" application. The funny thing is after going through this log it says that the artwork was succesfully copied, which the were, but strangely enough it also says the .nfo file was created, which it wasn't!!!:confused:

View attachment 58417

jmcentire

Portal Pro
November 7, 2008
Home Country

Hi there, can anyone tell me any reason why the "MP Artwork and Info Copier v0.5.1" application will not create a .nfo file for "Barbie As Rapunzel.avi"? I have treated it the same as all my other movies with regards to naming etc, no special characters bla bla bla, but the application just does not seem to create a .nfo file for that folder/movie. i will attach the logs for "MP Artwork and Info Copier v0.5.1" application. The funny thing is after going through this log it says that the artwork was succesfully copied, which the were, but strangely enough it also says the .nfo file was created, which it wasn't!!!:confused:

Very strange, the app checks to see if the new nfo file exists before it says successfully created in the log...so somehow the app thinks the file exists. I'll take a look in the code and see if I can find anything.

trekkiedj

Portal Pro
August 7, 2009
Cirencester
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Great app. Just what i needed. One question, and sorry if it's been asked already, but is there a way to run this by command line. I would like to automate all tasks on the htpc and would like to get task scheduler in windows to run this once a month or so.

jmcentire

Portal Pro
November 7, 2008
Home Country

Great app. Just what i needed. One question, and sorry if it's been asked already, but is there a way to run this by command line. I would like to automate all tasks on the htpc and would like to get task scheduler in windows to run this once a month or so.

Not at this time, you could take the source and cut out the gui...Or next time I work on the app I'll see how easy it is to add an argument so you could use it like this.

PeterDB

Portal Member
March 28, 2010
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland

AWESOME!!!

This just saved me hours of work, you sir are awesome!

But, here is some feedback:

1. When creating the NFO file the counter in the dialog window counts up instead of down:
3lZpG.png

2. If a folder has multiple movies in it, only the first movie will have its details written (or the last one if the option to overwrite files is set). I have this is issue with very few movie collections, such as my Pixar short films.

Still awesome work!

KillerXnl

Portal Member
June 24, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands

great app, only i ran into a bug! for some reason my NFO files are empty and contain no information about the movie..
*.nfo added

Attachments

• movie.rar
    30.6 KB

KillerXnl

Portal Member
June 24, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands

great app, only i ran into a bug! for some reason my NFO files are empty and contain no information about the movie..
*.nfo added

problem solved!

When i select the option "Create XBMC Compatible NFO File" it works like a charm! If I dont, it will just leave my nfo file empty (version 0.5.1.)

rivera

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation

I have not installed this great App but sure that it will release me from boring job :).
    Thanks a lot to jmcentire !!!!
    And I have a small proposal - let's provide a possibility to make generated files with "Hidden" attribute.
    It can be done either by default (means "always") or by special checkbox (so, after marking this checkbox the generated files will be "Hidden").

If it is already working like this - please excuse me, I am writing this post before starting using the App.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom