MP2 - V2.4.1 AppLauncher (1 Viewer)

cbr954rr

Portal Pro
October 31, 2016
Home Country
Germany Germany
With the new skin Nereus released in MP2.3 you have apps even sorted by favourits and last launch :)
View attachment 202798

Looks great is that a plugin which I have to configure or does that collect Apps from Windows start?

My wish is to use actions of app launcher like "watch Netflix" and start the Netflix App under Videos in menue.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Looks great is that a plugin which I have to configure or does that collect Apps from Windows start?
    My wish is to use actions of app launcher like "watch Netflix" and start the Netflix App under Videos in menue.
    Yes, you can link every external application.

What you plan to do does not work, because app entries are bonded to AppLauncher and you can not move them to videos. App entries do not have their own workflow-action ID, so there is a technical restriction.

cbr954rr

Portal Pro
    October 31, 2016
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes, you can link every external application.

What you plan to do does not work, because app entries are bonded to AppLauncher and you can not move them to videos. Add entried do not have their own workflow-action ID, so there is a technical restriction.

Okay but that would be nice to have for a good menue and to start video apps with the video menue.

Maybe it is possible to create a App Launcher group as menue, to add there Video Apps under Video and another group for other apps to include it somewhere else in the home menue?

That would also a nice solution, then I can add a group "online Videos" for Netflix and Amazon under Videos in the menue.

Further, I Like the wmp skin of mp 2.2.2, for me it looks perfekt and I wish to have support for that skin, not for a new one

Last edited:

Lardy

Portal Pro
    April 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Many moons ago I configured LaunchBox to start from App Launcher. I always had issues once I quit LaunchBox and disconnected my DualShock 4 controller from the bluetooth that my MCE remote control had limited functionality. For example the Windows button would not work so I could not get back to home and therefore could not even restart MediaPortal. I would always have to quickly VNC from my phone to restart the MediaPortal client.

Today I reconfigured the App Launcher item to first close MediaPortal and then start LaunchBox. Now when I exit LaunchBox and disconnect the DS4 I can use the Windows button on the MCE remote to launch MP2 and all is right in the world.

Here's how I did it:

1. VB Script (Not my script. Credit: Unknown)

ps-hidden.vbs
    Code:
    Set objShell = CreateObject("Wscript.Shell")
    Set args = Wscript.Arguments
    For Each arg In args
        objShell.Run("powershell -windowstyle hidden -executionpolicy bypass -noninteractive ""&"" ""'" & arg & "'"""),0
    Next

2. Create a PowerShell script:

app-launcher-1.ps1
    Code:
    taskkill.exe /im "MP2-Client (x64).exe"
    F:\Games\LaunchBox\Core\LaunchBox.exe

3. Create App Launcher item for LaunchBox

Code:
    Short Name: LaunchBox
    Arguments: "C:\ps-hidden.vbs" "C:\app-launcher-1.ps1"
    Application Path: wscript.exe
    Description: LaunchBox
    User Name:
    Password:
    Run as Admin: not selected
    Icon Path: C:\LaunchBox.bmp
    Screen Mode: Maximum

Now that I have recently purchased LauchBox premium I don't need VNC on my phone any longer as I can use my MCE remote for MP2 and my DS4 to navigate LaunchBox, start and exit games.

Let us now if you have any questions and good luck.

AdHu86

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2022
    Berlin
    Home Country
    England England
    I think I found a bug. In the settings of app launcher plugin I selected „remove group“. Even I see many groups in my app screen the dialog is always empty, so there is no way to remove the groups besides editing the setting files manually. Could you please fix this.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I think I found a bug. In the settings of app launcher plugin I selected „remove group“. Even I see many groups in my app screen the dialog is always empty, so there is no way to remove the groups besides editing the setting files manually. Could you please fix this.
    Thanks, I can confirm the bug. There was a typo "items" instead of "Items", so nothing was loaded.
    I commited a fix, it will be available with next release. If you want it earlier search for DlgAppLauncherRemoveGroup.xaml and apply the fix as shown here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom