Apple trailers downloader(v0.065) *bugfix release* (1 Viewer)

TommySharp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 15, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    For us guys with crappy data caps.... Is there any chance of having this plugin download the smallest version of a trailer and not the HiRes one?

Haven't looked at the MP plugin yet but is there any way to show info about the trailer like genre, rating, release date etc?

Is there any sort of log file created? I've just run the downloader and I see it loaded in memory but nothing much seems to be happening?

EDIT - Looks like PeerGuardian was messing with it..... Any clue on what should be allowed through to make it work?

ash

January 21, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I just downloaded version 0.065. And started testing.
    It looks like this version is downloading everything version 0.060 already downloaden again.
    When I restart it will correctly see which trailers are already downloaded downloaden by version 0.065 but not 0.060.

GF__74

Portal Member
    June 8, 2008
    Akl, NZ
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Rick164 as you still developing this??

I maybe a little slow to get here, but i am very interested in the plugin and i would be happy to look at taking it a little further (if you do not mind), depending on the language you wrote it in of course.

Thnx.

G.

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    Any chance to have a setting for fullres trailer? Currently "HD" only pulls the 720p.

dir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    I think for this plugin to be really useful, there needs to be some way to view trailers when browsing your movie collection. I've found that once my collection became large enough and old enough, I wanted to be able to see a trailer to inspire me to watch it. So some sort of dynamic "Watch Trailer" within Moving Pictures would be really good.

The other killer implementation is to be able to browse and watch all the trailers as if they're movies, with the most recent at the top of the list. Then to be able to flag a trailer in some way so that you could then generate a list of flagged trailers for later acquisition would be brilliant. So, for example, you watch the latest trailers, see a movie you want, flag it, then later acquire it.

There's loads of movies I want to see when I watch the trailers, but I rarely write them down or remember them months later when they're available.

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    Any chance to have a setting for fullres trailer? Currently "HD" only pulls the 720p.

Does anyone have the sources of this tool? Rick164 seems to be offline since a longer time...

TommySharp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 15, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Is it just me or does this tool no longer work? On about the 27th of August 2009 it only downloads the poster (folder.jpg) and a 25k MOV file....?

jonaskp

Portal Pro
    October 23, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I have experienced the same thing. Probably Apple changed their site somehow, to prevent scraping of their trailers.
    And since the tool is no longer maintained, chances are it won't get updated unless someone else takes up the work.

leugim

Portal Member
    July 27, 2007
    Home Country
    Portugal Portugal
    Is it just me or does this tool no longer work? On about the 27th of August 2009 it only downloads the poster (folder.jpg) and a 25k MOV file....?

Nope... It's not just you :(
    Something as changed at the Apple Site and the tool stop working.
    And it was one of my prefer plug-ins, I hate to watch stream videos :(
    Let’s hope someone fix it !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom