application "not responding" on some TV channels (1 Viewer)

rocklander

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 14, 2010
    rotovegas
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    2020 is the gift that keeps on giving. now it seems in recent days (since yesterday) in Rotorua (new Zealand) MP fails (not responding) on tv1, prime, duke.
    other channels appear to be fine, but even if I test these in the mp config it sends this not responding.
    I upgraded to latest mp (1.26) in the hope there may be some bugfix there, but the issue persists. logs attached below.. anyone able to assist?

Attachments

• MediaPortalLogs_12_12_20__14_10(tv1-fail).zip
      460.4 KB
    • MediaPortalLogs_12_12_20__14_11(Tv3ok-then-prime-fail).zip
      470.8 KB

rocklander

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 14, 2010
    rotovegas
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    2020 is the gift that keeps on giving. now it seems in recent days (since yesterday) in Rotorua (new Zealand) MP fails (not responding) on tv1, prime, duke.
    other channels appear to be fine, but even if I test these in the mp config it sends this not responding.
    I upgraded to latest mp (1.26) in the hope there may be some bugfix there, but the issue persists. logs attached below.. anyone able to assist?
    anybody else in the area.. it seems that there's been some channel changes, and whatever they are means that MP hangs if we try to open the changed channel.
    I deleted TV One (now called "TVNZ 1") and then rescanned. found 3 new channels...including TVNZ 1 .. that somehow fixed bravo and prime too.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi, can't say really why :(
    [2020-12-12 14:10:13,880] [Log ] [30 ] [DEBUG] - WaitForPMT: Waiting for PMT 6E
    [2020-12-12 14:10:23,896] [Log ] [30 ] [DEBUG] - WaitForPMT: Timed out waiting for PMT after 10.0155094 seconds. Increase the PMT timeout value?
    In log, we can see that, so it didn't find PMT then no tuning, did you try to scan the channel (new scan or update) because maybe PMT id, etc. has changed?

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    it seems that there's been some channel changes, and whatever they are means that MP hangs if we try to open the changed channel.
    As far as I remember, the default setting in "TV Server Config" is for TV Server to try all tuners when the attempt to tune a channel fails. If you have a lot of tuners, this can give the appearance of MP becoming locked up when you try to view a channel that has moved. TV Server tries each tuner in turn. MP is not actually locked up -- if you wait long enough, MP will eventually display the error message from TV Server.

I previously had 8 tuners in my system, now reduced to 6. But with the "try all tuners" settings, MP would appear to lock up for 5 minutes or more. :eek:

I have found that there is little advantage in using the "try all tuners" settings. Those channels that are marginal at my location I have excluded from the EPG, so I know that the remaining channels are all easily receivable. If the first tune attempt fails, I know that none of them will succeed, so I have reduced the settings to "try only one tuner". There are two settings involved here:
    • Maximum free cards to try for timeshifting (see this page in the Wiki)
    • Maximum free cards to try for recording (see this page in the Wiki)
    If you don't have channels that are marginal, I recommend that you reduce both settings to "1".

rescanned. found 3 new channels
    In the UK we have to rescan several times each year. I recommend using the Enable channel movement detection setting. This uses some algorithm to identify channels that have moved, so that you avoid having two identical channels, one which works (the new one), and another which does not (the old one). There are certain types of channel movement that TV Server cannot detect, so in those cases you will get duplicated channels, so for those you have to try each one and delete the non-working one.

The advantage of using Enable channel movement detection is that any channel renames that you have performed are preserved, and existing scheduled recordings are preserved too. (y) :)

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

rocklander

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 14, 2010
    rotovegas
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    thanks to all for the responses.. removal of questionable channels and rescan appears to have resolved this.. could also have been some regional issues that the broadcaster(s) were experiencing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom