Arrrggghhh!!!! Here we go again.... MP doesn't see HDHomerun Primer tuners... (1 Viewer)

T^2

Portal Pro
December 9, 2013
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
So... Watching TV via MP. Router gets accidentally unplugged. Naturally, this causes TV playback to go kaput. Plugged router back in and figured no problem - shouldn't be a problem getting things back up and working. Worst case I'll have to reboot the computer and power cycle the HDHomerun Prime etc.

No.... couldn't be that easy. No matter what I do now, TVServer will not see the HDHomerun Prime tuners. Yippie! When MP breaks... It really breaks!

2014-05-05 22_07_12-MediaPortal - TV Server Configuration.png

Logs attached...

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I can't think of or see any reason for TV Server to not be detecting the PRIME.
    Have you tried power cycling the PRIME?

T^2

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2013
    Home Country
    I can't think of or see any reason for TV Server to not be detecting the PRIME.
    Have you tried power cycling the PRIME?

Yes. I've powered cycled everything multiple times. Also, for some reason just went and checked TVServer configurator again and I had 2 out of 3 tuners. Stopped the service and restarted it (to see if I could get all 3 tuners) and now I have no tuners.[DOUBLEPOST=1399343546][/DOUBLEPOST]Ok just power cycled the prime again with PC and TVServer up and running. Got 2 out of 3 tuners again.[DOUBLEPOST=1399343800][/DOUBLEPOST]Ok after 2 of 3 tuners returned I rebooted the PC to see if they would still be there when the PC booted back up. Nope. All gone.

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Looking back to your older log files, it looks like TV Server is not consistently picking up all three of your tuners (or is doing so quite some time after resume or boot). To me this looks a lot like firewall-blocking-unsolicited-UDP-traffic problems.

Please drop your firewall, restart the TV service, then see what the result is.

T^2

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2013
    Home Country
    Looking back to your older log files, it looks like TV Server is not consistently picking up all three of your tuners (or is doing so quite some time after resume or boot). To me this looks a lot like firewall-blocking-unsolicited-UDP-traffic problems.

Please drop your firewall, restart the TV service, then see what the result is.

After last loss of all 3 tuners, power cycled router and got 2 of 3 tuners.

Disabled NIS firewall. Restarted TVServer. No tuners showed up.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Okay, would it be possible for me to connect via TeamViewer? I can sense the frustration levels rising. The last thing I want is for TV Server to be unreliable. I want to get to the bottom of what is going on here, and the fastest way for me to do that is with direct access.

T^2

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2013
    Home Country
    After patch and some time elapsed.. went back into TVServer Configurator to see how things look. Noted that all 3 tuners were showing up. Rebooted the PC and checked TVServer Configurator again. No tuners.[DOUBLEPOST=1399345380][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Okay, would it be possible for me to connect via TeamViewer? I can sense the frustration levels rising. The last thing I want is for TV Server to be unreliable. I want to get to the bottom of what is going on here, and the fastest way for me to do that is with direct access.
    sure[DOUBLEPOST=1399345547][/DOUBLEPOST]Need instructions

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    For those that find this thread later...
    I connected to T^2's PC (thanks for trusting me! :) ) and was able to see the problem for myself. The PRIME was only being found consistently when the PRIME sent out its regular UPnP NOTIFY cycle (every 10 minutes). The PRIME was not found on TV Server startup even though Wireshark showed that it seemed to be responding to TV Server's UPnP M-SEARCH.

I applied a more extreme version of the patch linked above, increasing the socket ReceiveBufferSize to 4096000 and that seemed to do the trick.

The patch is attached here in case it also helps you.
    At time of writing this patch is compatible with all past versions of MP1, and should remain compatible in future unless something drastic changes.

PS: @morpheus_xx I'm not sure what we set the buffer size to in the end, but experience is starting to show that it may be necessary to make the buffer size user-configurable.

Attachments

• CableCARD UPnP buffer size fix v2.zip
      197.6 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom