ASIO Music Player Plugin (1 Viewer)

What functionality would you like to be added?

• VST plugin support

Votes: 15 31.3%
  • WinAmp DSP plugin support

Votes: 13 27.1%
  • BASS DSP support

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Last.fm support

Votes: 26 54.2%
  • Visualizations

Votes: 25 52.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'm currently trying to get this plugin to work together with the last.fm radio plugin. I'm not sure if that will ever be 100% succesfull, i'm having a lot of issues...

Do you need more than the changed scope of the songchanged-event? Which problems do you get in particular?

floepie

Portal Pro
    November 5, 2007
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Symphy, Would you have any idea as to why I get audio only from the left channel when playing back podcasts? I experience the same thing only with low bitrate audio streams using the Shoutcast plugin.

If I play those same MP3 podcasts with any other audio player, they are in stereo (not left channel duplicated on the right side). My audio control panel indeed shows only 1 channel having signal with PureAudio and 2 channels with other players.

Your plugin works great with all my normal CD-ripped music. :confused:

RanaUK

Portal Member
    August 22, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    error: BASS_ERROR_FILEFORM

Hi Symphy,

thanks for the plug-in. It has a strange effect on my system. When enabled, I can't play any MPEG with MP2 audio (ffdShow is set as audio codec). I get the following error in the log file.

2007-12-07 00:52:34.640625 [ERROR][9]: PureAudio: Cannot create stream from D:\Capture\Recorded TV\michail_final.mpg: BASS_ERROR_FILEFORM.

Disabling PureAudio solves the problem.

ghanz

Portal Pro
    September 18, 2007
    Ouderkerk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Symphy, I would absolutely love your plugin, however, i cannot get it to work. I disabled all the external player plugins and set the extensions of dts to yours. (I am on a holy quest to play dts files in MP) When i play the files with VLC the sound is excellent. I own a alc889a chip on my gigabyte p35-ds4. i also installed asio4all. the soundcard is able to play 44.1 and 48 khz files, it will even apply different settings for both types. Whatever i change i can get only bass player to play the files, resulting in the familiar white noise. ASIOPLAYER does not seem to fire up spdif. whenever i select the files, i hear the reciever disconnecting, i think this is due to the fact that asio4all is trying to output 8 channels analoge in stead of 2 channels spdif. Can you please point me in the right direction on this? Is the asio spdif supposed to be only 2 channels?
    has anyone with a realtek soundcard and asio4all been able to get this to work?
    please help an audiophyle to be, I smelled the dts music, it tastes like more!!:D

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country
    has anyone with a realtek soundcard and asio4all been able to get this to work?
    please help an audiophyle to be, I smelled the dts music, it tastes like more!!:D

Yes is the answer to that, though earlier h/w version of the ALC883. I have the 965P-DS3 gigabyte board with the ALC883 chip. I use ASIO4ALL v2.8 beta 2 and OS is Vista 32 Ultimate.

I attach couple of screen shots of my ASIO and Pureaudio config screens in case that helps.

Trevor

Attachments

• asio4all.jpg
      asio4all.jpg
      50.9 KB
    • PA-asio.jpg
      PA-asio.jpg
      39.1 KB

ghanz

Portal Pro
    September 18, 2007
    Ouderkerk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    thnx trevor but the thing is the alc889a has a dts connect function which might be the problem, however i will now try to disable the realtek driver all together and try those settings again. Did you disable the realtek driver in this setup? at least i'm glad to see that youre spdif is also 2 channels (which makes sense anyway) and you also disabled the 8 channels analoge

can you tell me a little bit more in depht how youre driver setup looks?

thnx man, appreciate the quick response

ghanz

Portal Pro
    September 18, 2007
    Ouderkerk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Ah, You just gave me new hope, youre output is set to 2channels and you disabled all audio soundeffects including dtsconnect, which might not be present in youre setup. It makes perfect sense of course to change output to 2 channels :D , but i did not try that with sound effects disabled. I hope however that I can also enjoy dts movie sound with this setup (should only change to 48khz right?) I'll try this right away tommorow

and again thnx

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country
    Ah, You just gave me new hope, youre output is set to 2channels and you disabled all audio soundeffects including dtsconnect, which might not be present in youre setup. It makes perfect sense of course to change output to 2 channels :D , but i did not try that with sound effects disabled. I hope however that I can also enjoy dts movie sound with this setup (should only change to 48khz right?) I'll try this right away tommorow

and again thnx

It does not seem to matter a great deal about the sound effects stuff in the driver, also I have no problem with DTS or dolby digital movies, this is my default - never change it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom