ASIO Music Player Plugin (1 Viewer)

What functionality would you like to be added?

• VST plugin support

Votes: 15 31.3%
  • WinAmp DSP plugin support

Votes: 13 27.1%
  • BASS DSP support

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Last.fm support

Votes: 26 54.2%
  • Visualizations

Votes: 25 52.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Symphy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Symphy, i'm having issues with this plugin and the SVT Play plugin. Can you please check my report here https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/svt_play_plugin_swedish_tv-t28553p8.html and see if your plugin is the cause of this or if this needs to be fixed elsewhere.

Hi phunqe,
    This is because PureAudio reports to MP that it supports the webstream, while in this case it shouldn't. This causes MP to launch PureAudio, and that only handles the audio part.

I'll release a new version this weekend that excludes the .wmv streams as used by swedisch TV. That should fix your problem of having only audio.

I don't know yet where all the errors come from that are in your logfile... Do these disappear when you disable the PureAudio plugin?
    Edit: might be related to the problem reported by Olli0815 earlier. If so, it should also be fixed in this weekend's release.

Symphy

phunqe

Portal Pro
    April 28, 2007
    Excellent.

Regarding the errors, I don't get all those Direct3D errors with PureAudio disabled. Only when it is enabled.

Thanks.

Symphy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I did what you tell me, Upsample to 48.000 but nothing.

Looked at the logfiles. Problem is indeed that Creative ASIO does not support 44100. That you can't fix it with upsampling is my fault, will try to have that fixed this weekend too :)

Symphy

felo

Portal Pro
    October 9, 2007
    In Hell.
    Home Country
    Hello!
    Hi again symphy!
    I test again the plugin, but this time whit a 48.000khz sample but nothing, still the same problem.
    Ill atach the log files, hope can help, ill like to have some good quality sound!
    Cheers!

felo

Portal Pro
    October 9, 2007
    In Hell.
    Home Country
    Hello!
    Hi again symphy!
    I test again the plugin, but this time whit a 48.000khz sample but nothing, still the same problem.
    Ill atach the log files, hope can help, ill like to have some good quality sound!
    Cheers!

The last time i did not upsample to 48.000khz.
    I tested again upsampling to 48.000khz and the 48 sample song did work this time (whit a lot hickups in playback), but not any of the 44.100khz.
    Cheers!

Telstar

Portal Pro
    October 18, 2007
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hi Symphy,

I just want you to know hat I tried the plugin onto my test system (44.1khz) and it works fine :)
    final MP 0.2.3 without svn.

floepie

Portal Pro
    November 5, 2007
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Have 2 questions:

If the plugin is enabled, what is the appropriate setting in the Music tab\Music ASIO section that's found in the configuration setup (not in the plugin configuration itself)? If both the plugin is enabled and the ASIO is ticked in the Music section, will this not lead to conflicts or 2 instances of ASIO?

Secondly, I have simply not gotten this to work with either onboard audio or with an Envy24 HT-S based chipset PCI card. I suspect both are resampling - one to 48 kHz and the other to 96 kHz via SPDIF. Now, just to be sure, what channels should select out of the 8 output channels for 'First Channel' and 'Last Channel' in the plugin config? I've tried numerous combinations for my SPDIF out. I have seen one post which stated that those "Channel" settings are reserved only for the analog outs. Is that correct?

Thanks for any info...

Symphy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hello!
    Hi again symphy!
    Cheers!

The last time i did not upsample to 48.000khz.
    I tested again upsampling to 48.000khz and the 48 sample song did work this time (whit a lot hickups in playback), but not any of the 44.100khz.
    Cheers!
    Not sure what's wrong with your system... don't have an explanation for the error in your log from which parts seem to be missing... And the hickups in playback don't look good too... I would reboot and install the latest release 0.1.2.1 of the PureAudio (available at the bottom of this post) and try again. That fixes the initial 44100 khz problem (with minimum supported ASIO rate set at 48000).

If the plugin is enabled, what is the appropriate setting in the Music tab\Music ASIO section that's found in the configuration setup (not in the plugin configuration itself)? If both the plugin is enabled and the ASIO is ticked in the Music section, will this not lead to conflicts or 2 instances of ASIO?
    That setting in the music section is used by the internal BASS player. MediaPortal only uses 1 player at a time so when the plugin is playing, the internal BASS player is not active and vica versa. So there won't be any conflicts.

Secondly, I have simply not gotten this to work with either onboard audio or with an Envy24 HT-S based chipset PCI card. I suspect both are resampling - one to 48 kHz and the other to 96 kHz via SPDIF. Now, just to be sure, what channels should select out of the 8 output channels for 'First Channel' and 'Last Channel' in the plugin config? I've tried numerous combinations for my SPDIF out. I have seen one post which stated that those "Channel" settings are reserved only for the analog outs. Is that correct?
    I assume you use ASIO4ALL with those devices. Those 8 channels actually represent the 7.1 analog outputs. s/pdif should then be tapped somewhere from channel 1 and 2, which are left and right channel. Only few devices with native ASIO drivers have seperate asio channels for s/pdif, those channels will most likely have names indicating they are spdif.

Here's finally the update that was announced: View attachment 13624
    It fixes some issues:
    • It now works together with the STV plugin
    • It no longer causes flickering in the TV module and other fullscreen-image-related problems in other modules/plugins. (Very nasty bug, sorry for this one!)
    • It should now work properly on Creative ASIO.

Symphy

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom