ASIO Music Player Plugin (2 Viewers)

What functionality would you like to be added?

• VST plugin support

Votes: 15 31.3%
  • WinAmp DSP plugin support

Votes: 13 27.1%
  • BASS DSP support

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Last.fm support

Votes: 26 54.2%
  • Visualizations

Votes: 25 52.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arn01805

Portal Pro
July 31, 2006
Breda
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
This appears to be an ASIO4ALL issue. After stopping the used ASIO channels are no longer available.

I have a somewhat similar issue with ASIO4ALL on my develop machine from time to time (onboard Sigmatel device). In my case it results in playing silence because the positions of the missing channels are taken by others. I your case it results in an error because there are no channels left at all at position 7 and 8...

I don't have a solution for this now. Maybe other ASIO4ALL users have experience with this issue?

I managed to get it working by disabling all my analogue ports in ASIO config, so I only keep 2 SPDIF ports on position 1 and 2. Now I can stop music and start again.

Wow.. what a good sound! Thanx for the plugin!

Symphy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    New version!

Hi all,

First of all i wish everyone a great 2008! Hopefully this new release View attachment PureAudio.mpi will contribute a little bit.
    There's 2 major changes:
    • VST plugins are now supported. It's been tested with Christian Knufinke's "SIR Impulse Response Processor" http://www.knufinke.de/. Internally the player now fully operates at 24 bit precision, so you can take full advantage of 24 bit ASIO devices. Note that if you use S/PDIF, 24 bit precision cannot be taken for granted. Standard S/PDIF is 16 bit, and 24 bit is only possible when some protocol extensions are being supported.
    • The player now automatically detects DTS and DD streams (packaged in wav) and disables fade-in/out and VST plugins if any such stream is played. The detection always works, regardless fileextensions and compression such as FLAC.

Enjoy!

johns11

Portal Pro
    February 7, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ASIO via SP/DIF on M-Audio Revolution

Hi Symphy and all others interested in this thread.

I have just received my new M-Audio Revolution 5.1 sound card specifically for the purpose of using it with this plugin – I noted that you, Symphy, use an M-Audio and assumed differences would be minimal (the mistakes I make!).

A small amount of research after receiving the new card has led the following new-found knowledge quoted from www.digit-life.com:

“When the audio stream is played back via ASIO, it's routed to DAC instead of SPDIF” & “SPDIF does not work in Digital mode under ASIO interface”
    Just great!

OK so I can now get bit-perfect analogue… but it’s just not what I was expecting or intending!

I note in the ASIO config with this card that I can set the Min Channel to “ASIO out 6 “ (SPDIF Out L/R Revolution [1]) and the Max channel to “ASIO out 7” (SPDIF Out L/R Revolution [1]) but this seems to result in no audio at all via SP/DIF and even accounting for the fact that apparently these channels are labeled incorrectly, my experiments seem to confirm the inability to get SP/DIF via ASIO.

Some questions:

- Does anyone get digital output with ASIO or is it normal to just have analogue?

- Has anyone experienced anything similar and found a solution?

- Should I just stick to Analogue output via the M-audio card? This means the inconvenience of having to change the amplifier input channel when switching to or from playing music. That will be ok if I get better results by letting the M-Audio do the D/A conversion (uses the same DAC as the Audiophile 192), rather than sending digital through to my NAD T742 amplifier’s DAC.

- Can someone suggest an inexpensive card that does allow SP/DIF via ASIO… when I say inexpensive I don’t think I need anything with an expensive DAC etc.

- And lastly, in a post to this thread on 16th Dec it seems that AlcoNaft got my old Soundblaster Live external card working using this plugin (ain’t that the way – I didn’t even try it) - I assume using ASIO4ALL. Is this going to be as good as I could get with any other card? If so then it’s a simple solution for me and would also free up a valuable PCI slot.

Thanks for all your efforts with this plugin Symphy

:D

Symphy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    “When the audio stream is played back via ASIO, it's routed to DAC instead of SPDIF” & “SPDIF does not work in Digital mode under ASIO interface”

I note in the ASIO config with this card that I can set the Min Channel to “ASIO out 6 “ (SPDIF Out L/R Revolution [1]) and the Max channel to “ASIO out 7” (SPDIF Out L/R Revolution [1]) but this seems to result in no audio at all via SP/DIF and even accounting for the fact that apparently these channels are labeled incorrectly, my experiments seem to confirm the inability to get SP/DIF via ASIO.

It's hard to believe that this is actually true... but apparently it is. This is not good for M-audio's reputation. I would return it to shop if possible. Since this is a driver problem, it might be worth trying ASIO4ALL.

Koudijs

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi johns11,

I'm also using the M-Audio Revolution 5.1 and having the problem that there is no sound with the M-Audio ASIO driver over S/PDIF.
    The statement you found clearly states that this is by design :(
    To solve the problem I use ASIO4ALL, a bit strange to use it in combination with a 'real' ASIO card but it gives me bit perfect playback over S/PDIF.

Regards,
    Jan

RobinE

Portal Member
    December 30, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    no sound

I use a trends-ud 10 usb dac, installed the asioplugin.
    Enabled the plugin and configured the asio4all v2 driver, I selected the usb dac. (its green, running) and select the usb chanels. (first chanel usbdac 1, last chanel usb dac2)

In MP config --> music
    Player: bass
    sound device: speakers, 3-usb dac
    music audio: disabled

When running MP there are stil "windows sounds" through the usb dac and in my music there is no sound when playing music.

What's going wrong?

Symphy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I use a trends-ud 10 usb dac, installed the asioplugin.
    Enabled the plugin and configured the asio4all v2 driver, I selected the usb dac. (its green, running) and select the usb chanels. (first chanel usbdac 1, last chanel usb dac2)

In MP config --> music
    Player: bass
    sound device: speakers, 3-usb dac
    music audio: disabled

When running MP there are stil "windows sounds" through the usb dac and in my music there is no sound when playing music.

What's going wrong?

The settings in MP Config/Music are not relevant for the plugin (except for visualization and VST plugins). There are basically 3 conditions that must be met:
    1. The plugin has to be enabled. Make sure to disable any other eternal player plugins.
    2. The output device and first/last channel must be properly set in the plugin configuration.
    3. The file you play in my music must be mapped to the plugin through its file extension. (Can be configured in General Settings / Extensions).

If these 3 conditions are met, it should play. If you can't get it to work, pls post some logfiles here (loglevel debug) with starting playback covered.

RobinE

Portal Member
    December 30, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Still not working

Hi Syphy and others,

I tried the 3 conditions and it fail to work. Maybe you can see something in the logfile?
    Thanks

Symphy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Maybe you can see something in the logfile?

The problem is somewhere in the ASIO channel assignment. The plugin finds 2 ASIO channels on the ASIO4ALL device:

Realtek HDA HDMI Out 1
    Realtek HDA HDMI Out 2

Now my impression is that these are not related to your USB device but some other onboard device. In your ASIO4ALL offline settings there should be a UD-10 device listed. Make sure that one is enabled (green) and other devices are disabled. My guess is there is also a "Realtek HDA HDMI" device listed there.

In the plugin configuration there should show up channel names like "UD-10 Out 1" and "UD-10 Out 2" in the first/last channel selectors.

krl69

Portal Pro
    October 12, 2006
    Hi
    I have an onboard Realtek 889 soundchip and I have installed the newest pureaudio plugin. Also the Asio4all and unchecked everything but spdif output. Also configured pureaudio to map through the ASIO4ALL driver. I’m not sure what to do with MP’s own “music” configuration?! Will the plugin replace all default settings in MP config or should I do something with the config to make the plugin work as it should?

A couple of problems though:
    1) When I start playing an album, no sound from the first song. If I skip to the next song, there are loud and clear sound coming out of my speakers. And if I then go back to the first song, everything is ok. But if I push stop, browse to another album, the same problem occurs.
    2) The big problem starts when I try to play an m4a with 5.1 multichannel sound, there are no sound at all – regardless if I skip to the next song or going back to the first and so on. And after starting m4a files and push the stop button, browse to a “ordinary” MP3 file with only 2-channel sound, just silence regardless of skipping and etc. The only solution is to quit MP and restart.
    Anyone experienced this?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom