ASIO playback | Page 2

Discussion in 'Listen Music' started by grahamb64, August 8, 2015.

1. hwahrmann
    • Team MediaPortal

hwahrmann Development Group

Ratings:
    +2,264 / 1
    Home Country:
    Austria Austria
    You are right. MP is 32 bit. Most probably using 32 bit drivers for your DAC will solve the issue.
    From the logs however i can see that the Denon device with 2 channels has been detected correctly.

Usually this is a problem with the buffer size on the device. Try lowering it.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. grahamb64

grahamb64 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Home Country:
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Show System Specs
    Thanks hwahrmann,

The install wizard won't let me install 32 bit drivers - says I need a x86 processor. :( And I've messed about with buffer rates - not extensively, but enough to make me less bothered.

I've noticed on the player tabs that there's a tick box for WASAPI exclusive mode but not for ASIO. Why would there be a box for one and not for the other?

Also, as the music settings recognise my DAC as the only device that can use ASIO when I select ASIO in the player box (no other sound device appears), I don't understand why MP won't play whatever music I select, especially since the logs say it has been detected, as you state.

(BTW, I think I should mention that all my music files are .wav but I don't see why that would make any difference.)

4. Helios61
    • Team MediaPortal

Helios61 Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +897 / 4
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    A shared mode is not provided by ASIO drivers.
    I would recommend to use WASAPI exclusive mode. IMHO it is the more compatible and modern technologie but there are a lot opinions -> Link. With both modes you are bypassing the windows mixxer.

5. grahamb64

grahamb64 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Home Country:
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Show System Specs
    I'm aware of all the arguments and, to be perfectly honest, I don't see or hear any discernable differences between the three, well two, options that are available to me.

For my part, I'm trying to use the (allegedly) best option that's been made available within MP, except that I can't as it could be that there are compatibility problems between MP and the Denon sound drivers. That's not to claim that the problem lies with MP, btw. :)

Anyway, the WASAPI-through-USB option works fine, so I think I shall "make do" with that.

Thanks to all for trying to help.

(y)

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!