ASIO playback (1 Viewer)

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    You are right. MP is 32 bit. Most probably using 32 bit drivers for your DAC will solve the issue.
    From the logs however i can see that the Denon device with 2 channels has been detected correctly.

Usually this is a problem with the buffer size on the device. Try lowering it.

grahamb64

August 8, 2015
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Thanks hwahrmann,

The install wizard won't let me install 32 bit drivers - says I need a x86 processor. :( And I've messed about with buffer rates - not extensively, but enough to make me less bothered.

I've noticed on the player tabs that there's a tick box for WASAPI exclusive mode but not for ASIO. Why would there be a box for one and not for the other?

Also, as the music settings recognise my DAC as the only device that can use ASIO when I select ASIO in the player box (no other sound device appears), I don't understand why MP won't play whatever music I select, especially since the logs say it has been detected, as you state.

(BTW, I think I should mention that all my music files are .wav but I don't see why that would make any difference.)

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I've noticed on the player tabs that there's a tick box for WASAPI exclusive mode but not for ASIO. Why would there be a box for one and not for the other?
    A shared mode is not provided by ASIO drivers.
    I would recommend to use WASAPI exclusive mode. IMHO it is the more compatible and modern technologie but there are a lot opinions -> Link. With both modes you are bypassing the windows mixxer.

grahamb64

August 8, 2015
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    I'm aware of all the arguments and, to be perfectly honest, I don't see or hear any discernable differences between the three, well two, options that are available to me.

For my part, I'm trying to use the (allegedly) best option that's been made available within MP, except that I can't as it could be that there are compatibility problems between MP and the Denon sound drivers. That's not to claim that the problem lies with MP, btw. :)

Anyway, the WASAPI-through-USB option works fine, so I think I shall "make do" with that.

Thanks to all for trying to help.

(y)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom