ASIO playback (1 Viewer)

grahamb64

August 8, 2015
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
Hi to all.

I've just installed the latest version of Mediaportal 1, primarily for the recording live TV side of it, and, after sorting the usual teething problems with the scanning of channels and EPG grabbing, am finding it a perfect replacement for WMC, which I'm about to lose due to, well, you know.

Anyway, the other attraction behind installing MP was the prospect of being able to play music from my (currently) W7 PC through my Denon A300 DAC using the ASIO option within MP Configuration, except that this seems impossible to do.

I'm fairly certain that I've configured everything that I need to. Firstly, I've made the Denon USB audio device on my PC the default device in playback devices, setting the sample rate to 24-bit/192Khz (the display on the DAC shows 192 Khz when I switch it to USB connection); then I've gone to music player settings in MP config, made the player box show ASIO and then made sure that the device box shows Denon ASIO device as the sound device. However, when I try to play music in MP, an error window pops up, telling me that the file cannot be played. I've tried adjusting the buffer within the device but that makes no difference.

So, anyone know what's going on? Anyone got any suggestions to make or know whether I'm missing something. If the option has been made available to use ASIO then I'd like to get it to work, if possible of course. :)

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

grahamb64

August 8, 2015
    Home Country
    Hi Helios61, thanks for the reply.

I've done the system specs bit (hope there's enough info there) and also done the debug thing. The log file should be attached.

Hope it helps...

grahamb64

August 8, 2015
    Home Country
    BTW, is that link you've posted supposed to direct me to the Pureaudio plug-in? If so. I've tried to install it but I get an error saying "Dependency check error! Install aborted! Would you like to view more details?" and Yes/No boxes to tick. Is that due to MP moving on a bit in development and the plug-in not being updated for nearly 4 years? It's not even listed in MPExt Manager despite the claim on the plug-in's home page that it is.

grahamb64

August 8, 2015
    Home Country
    In addition, I decided that I might be looking at the wrong thread and decided to look at this thread instead: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/version-2-8-0-beta.124267/

Having installed it, however, I now find that I can't even access my music - when I rest the cursor on the Music tab the screen changes to the music screen but when I click, it reverts back to the first screen.

I've provided a log of this problem too if you'd like to review it. :)

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    BASS_ERROR_UNKNOWN often comes from a too large buffer setting. Try to lower that and see if that helps.

grahamb64

August 8, 2015
    Home Country
    Ok, I've tried lower buffer settings, from 64 samples (min) up to around 1000 samples, but it makes no difference. Is there nothing in the log that I've provided that sticks out like a sore thumb? I'm kinda hoping there is.

Also, I've been wondering: those of you that take an interest in this sort of thing, what components are you using to get your music from A (PC) to B (speakers)? And what settings have you made within the Music config section of MP, or indeed, any config section, which has allowed you to use ASIO to play your music?

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Also, I've been wondering: those of you that take an interest in this sort of thing, what components are you using to get your music from A (PC) to B (speakers)? And what settings have you made within the Music config section of MP, or indeed, any config section, which has allowed you to use ASIO to play your music?

I've setup MP for WASAPI playback, HDMI connecton pc <-> Receiver. It is working great up to 24 bit, 192 kHz, 5.1 channel. ->

Screenshot_1.JPG Screenshot_2.JPG

grahamb64

August 8, 2015
    Home Country
    After some more tinkering, I've found that I can play music using the WASAPI option through the USB option on my DAC. Still unable to use ASIO though.

I've noticed that MP is 32-bit only. Is that right? I ask because I'm running W7 64 and the driver install for the DAC has both 32 bit and 64 bit options so I've obviously installed the 64 bit option. Could that be where the ASIO playback problem lies?

Also, I'm wondering if a re-installation of MP might help, as maybe a corrupted install has caused the BASS_ERROR_UNKNOWN problem?

Lastly, is the ASIOforall download treated as a stand-alone sound device by Windows and is it worth trying that to see if that solves anything?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom