Ask us anything! For everything other than support or features (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

joostzilla

Remarks, compliments or whatever you can think of.
Ask us anything!

But for best results you should use the dedicated threads for Support or Feature Requests

Last edited by a moderator:

HabKeinPlan

January 17, 2012
Home Country
Germany Germany
I follow this threads for EVE (now MediaPortal iViewer) since its start in 2011 and I was hoping and always wished that the day would come that it is released.
That day now seems to come closer ...:)

I am also a (little) "iViewer / guiDesigner" Developer (only for private use) and have my own GUI with graphics and javascript for TV, cable receiver, heating control, AV, IP Cam, etc.

Now I want to integrate my MediaPortal also into my GUI (I've been waiting on EVE... ;))

Therefore, my question is whether it will be possible to get or buy the entire GUI (with all graphics and javascript) to implement it into existing projects (like mine)?

Thanks in advance

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    It's a tricky question. We have discussed creating a guiDesigner theme with the graphics from the project. But we have so far being a bit reluctant to release the entire gui officially. The problem with that would be giving support to existing code and how it could be adapted to include more things. Our time is limited as it is, just look at how long this project has taken.:( We will need to give it some serious thougth.

GoldenEye

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2005
    Switzerland
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    I'm in the exact same position as HabKeinPlan. After I've read about eve, I started programming iViewer with the goal to have an integrated controller for our private KNX system, for MP as well as our Squeezeboxes.

So, another one who would be interested in buying the entire solution.

Thanks for your awesome work!

G.

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    The release is our first priority right now,lets see how we do with this things further on.

We have actually added support for squeezeboxes since I use them myself. Not the same amount of features as the dedicated iPad apps but enough for handling local and spotify music, adding to playlist, getting now playing information including cover art and also zones and volume. How far have you come with the squeezebox integration? We have no support of KNX at all.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    How are the button labels (text) generated? Is it connected to the selected language in MediaPortal?

Do I have to setup MediaPortal fully (install + configure MPExtended) to use the Free version or will WiFi Remote be enough?

Emph

Last edited:

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    We haven't yet implemented language support so it's english right now for all button texts. It's not a huge thing to add but we haven't prioritized this. I put it on the request list.

Both full and preview version work in the same way and will check for connection to MPExt at startup and complain if no connection is found. But its probably possible to use remote afterwards. But one miss a lot, several of the now playings screens use MPExtended info. Its not intended usage and you install MPExtended in 5 minutes...

TranceManNZ

Portal Pro
    July 30, 2006
    Any chance this app will get an iPhone version? Sitting on my deck in the summer time having a nice cold beer/cider and browsing my music library on my iPhone would be gold.

tompi78

Portal Member
    August 18, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Guys,
    Your project looks pretty awsome!(y)
    Can You tell us, what are Your hardware recommendation for the computer running the MPExtended Service (particularly what CPU is neccessary to stream movies and tv series in any format smoothly to the iViewer iPad app)? I am going to update my MP hardware configuration soon and I am really excited to give Your app a try for my iPad4...
    Thanks in advance

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    It's a chance that we someday will produce an iPhone version but we haven't yet spent any time on it. Me and my wife uses iPhone so I have some personal benefit with creating one... It will not come anytime soon if we create one.

I'm probably not the best person to talk about hardware requirements for streaming. I use an i7 with 16 GB of ram and SSD and everything runs smooth with highest quality streaming profiles and using MediaPortal at the same time but this is probably overkill. I think Joost is using an i3 and that is fine as well. My 5+ year old AMD low energy CPU struggled with the same and I had to use medium quality streaming profiles. What is required also differ depending on the type of media that your are streaming. I suggest that you try with what you have before updating hardware.

Maybe someone else that uses WebMP or aMPDroid a lot can give a better answer?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread