Ask us anything! For everything other than support or features (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I was looking over the Wiki again and would like to suggest the Requirements section on the first page be replace with Links to the recommended software. Currently you have to locate the Forum topic's to get the info.

http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/17_Extensions/Mobile/MediaPortal_iViewer

Requirements:
    • MediaPortal v1.6 or later
    • MPextended v0.6beta or later
    • WifiRemote v1.3 or later

Also, The App Overview, Button #2 information should also note that changes made to One Client do not affect any other Client Using #4 Settings.

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Home Country
    While I am at it....
    The menu is a little confusing
    App Overview shows the IPad MPiV Application running
    App Settings shows the IPad Controls
    In-App Settings shows the Configuration Screen from Within MPiV

Less Confusing:
    App Settings to show MPiV Configuration
    Replace In-App with IPad-App and show the IPad Controls

This was App Whatever refers to All MPiV information....

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Sure can add links. But. If you read the section of how to configure MPiV you get the links. That is thought to be the section one first read when setting things up.

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Home Country
    That is thought to be the section one first read when setting things up.
    How is it everyone seems to assume the User will pay attention to the menu's.
    If the Wiki search takes you to the Home Page for a Plugin and the same Home Page starts off with Recommendations, why is it someone would expect the user to look further on Where The Required Software might be located?

I cannot tell you how many times someone sees a plugin they want to try, install it, and then yell for help in why it does not run when the entire time the user Missed the Required Steps.
    Just trying to make life easier for anyone and everyone trying to support this great software.

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I will reply later to this, Im in a store with my one year old. Trying to write on a small iPhone. Lets try to focus on getting your setup working.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread