I hadalready install it :D

All what i have done is:

Newest Realtek HD Audio Device Driver
Newest ATI HDMI Audio Device Driver
Newest Catalyst Driver
Newest Bios Driver
Yeah.. i think thats all.

The Problem is not, that i have NO sound.. The problem is,
only in the Settings like xyz X 786 i have no sound.

@ the End it looks like no one have this Problem *lolz.. again i hate it.

1. So i will use de VGA Output.
The 1280x768 is enough, its smaler as the TV says its for, but its enough.
Will try it on Monday :)
AND the good thing of this. The TV has a PC Mod.. If i disable the Monitor on PC, TV will do this as well..
2. Are there any TVs with DVI? Well... never saw a TV with VGA :p Thought they have only Scard, ord HDMI
3. Yeah.. and a Problem as well is, i use my Iphone as Remote :D works well! Integrated Keyboard, mouse etc.
Very good for kino.to or something like that. BUT i couldn't get into Standby :( because than i have no wlan..
iphone remote needs wlan.. someone have a idea with SOMETHING like Standby which doesn't disable Wlan?

Yeah.. Questions Questions Questions

Lotsofjazz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Ok, now I see,! :D

Your TV can probably also be used as a PC monitor, displaying DVI graphics via the HDMI-input on your TV.. otherwise you would not have a picture with x786 format, right?

But this is a VIDEO signal ONLY! DVI does NOT carry any sound signals! The VIDEO part of DVI and HDMI is the same, that is why TV Video can be send over DVI and DVI over HDMI, but DVI doesn have any sound, so when sending DVI over HDMI you loose the sound part. (you should use other sound outputs like SPDIF or the analogue plugs of your PC).

To get sound over the HDMI, you MUST use a "real" HDMI TV format, like 1080i; 1080P; 720P; 720i; etc. When switching over to a DVI PC monitor signal, the sound part can not be send over the HDMI.

Lots

Lococo

Portal Pro
    February 8, 2009
    Vorarlberg
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Cry!! No no no.. this was only a example what i will do when it not work until tomorrow :p

I have a Onboard HDMI, DVI and VGA... (Gigabyte Board)
    I use the HDMI Output.. But well i have no sound @ the x786 graphic.
    I COULD use VGA or DVI becaus my TV is PC able with a VGA connector and a sound input :)
    Sou i could select HDMI or PC on the TV.
    Actually i use HDMI. But it doesn't works.
    I have no DVI too HDMI adapter :p I know .. DVI only Video, no sound ;)
    But if i WOULD use a Adapter, i actually couldn't listen music on other spec like 1024x1000 or something like that :D

red1

Portal Member
    May 29, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi..does the latest release fix the flip y probs?

If not dont suppose anyone can upload a blue3 wide modded skin..

Thanx:D

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Seriously? No longer need for a workaround? I have a hard time believing it actually, but thanks for posting your findings - and welcome to the forum :).
    Perhaps you can provide more info regarding your setup (hardware, OS, codecs etc.)?

red1: I can see if I find some time to mod Blue3 for you, if 9.4 doesn't do the trick like maxigroovy states.

sgt-suicide

Portal Member
    November 12, 2007
    I installed the latest catalyst version this weekend

Are you referring to 9.4 ? I had a hell of a time trying to get those to work last week - my feeling was, that 1250 was removed in this release, because the installer kept telling me " No compatible hardware found".

When I went for 9.2 all was fine, no flippy problems or flickering "small video" when watching something while in menu.

Nevertheless I am now stuck with a bad "no hibernate" problem on this rigg, so I think I am finally going to switch to a geforce 8200 based board like the asrock k10n78full....and I am already looking forward to the troubles it will come up with ;)

red1

Portal Member
    May 29, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Really appreciate your efforts Spragleknas... it would seem that my problems are all sorted.....Tried 9.4 and i couldn't get any video from an s3 resume....rolled back to 9.3 and all is well..no lock ups or freezes.
    I have a new problem now.....BSOD using dxva under vista??
    Cheerz m8

katze

Portal Member
    November 14, 2008
    Hi
    which catalyst should i use on win xp?
    with 9.11 or 10.2 (legacy) i got the unable to play error. with 7.2 i have some troubles with hdmi output.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom