ATI 690G/x1250 problems (1 Viewer)

sgt-suicide

Portal Member
November 12, 2007
Although jayrock is right- the flickering is solved in vista i wanted to share my experience with 690g as well.

Last couple of days i was busy getting mp1.0 to work in windows home server (whs).

At first i was having the same problems with flickering video when not in fullscreen.

I was however able to fix this, by installing the avivo encoder/decoder suite from The Ultimate Experience for Gaming | GAME.AMD.COM and selecting "ati cc multiplexer" as decoder.

Just my 2c on this- maybe somebody can try to reproduce this- i`m not going to touch this system until necessary :D

backslash

Portal Pro
November 23, 2006
Home Country
Germany Germany
Although jayrock is right- the flickering is solved in vista i wanted to share my experience with 690g as well.

Last couple of days i was busy getting mp1.0 to work in windows home server (whs).

At first i was having the same problems with flickering video when not in fullscreen.

I was however able to fix this, by installing the avivo encoder/decoder suite from The Ultimate Experience for Gaming | GAME.AMD.COM and selecting "ati cc multiplexer" as decoder.

Just my 2c on this- maybe somebody can try to reproduce this- i`m not going to touch this system until necessary :D

I just tried the same without success on XP Pro SP3 with Catalyst 8.9. Do you use VMR9 or EVR?

backslash

sgt-suicide

Portal Member
November 12, 2007
@\ :

i`m using vmr9 and ati driver 8.12 ( igp & southbridge). most drivers i picked for the whs where for xp so it "should" be working for you as well.

sgt-suicide

Portal Member
November 12, 2007
I forgot to mention this:

the stated workaround from my post #391 referred to catalyst drv version 8.12

I recently tried version 9.1 and guess what? It does not work anymore :( Just another ATI "improve-worse-ment"

So again, it`s either vista, buying an extra graphiccard, or just live with it, I guess

Lotsofjazz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I did both, Installed Vista and a new graphic card (ATI HD4650 with 2Gb ddr2).. did not regret this upgrade at all! Video playback, especilly HD material, is so much better now, beside that the mediaportal skins work as they should.

Lococo

Portal Pro
    February 8, 2009
    Vorarlberg
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    So @ the end i am again the greatest unlucky fellow.. God i am not the omly one who has problems with this fu***** board... I solved the freezing problem with the newest catalyst driver but i have still a damn problem.. When i wanna watch tv@mytv, it not get freezed (thx god) but the tvshow stutters. I can't even watch tv because of this problem. Somone has the same problem? Eventualy the board not works with all codecs or something? Hope you can help me to fix the problem.

Lotsofjazz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    So @ the end i am again the greatest unlucky fellow.. God i am not the omly one who has problems with this fu***** board... I solved the freezing problem with the newest catalyst driver but i have still a damn problem.. When i wanna watch tv@mytv, it not get freezed (thx god) but the tvshow stutters. I can't even watch tv because of this problem. Somone has the same problem? Eventualy the board not works with all codecs or something? Hope you can help me to fix the problem.

A little more info would be helpfull.

A few tips up front (I asume you watch via HDMI out on a LCD or plasma TV):

- Do not use Hardware accelleration with HDTV and other HD content, the x1250 is not completely ready for that.
    - Use Hardware accelleration with SDTV, works fine with PowerDVD7.3 under XP.
    - Install .NET 3.5 framework, and enable EVR, it seemed to work fine with me when I used XP and the X1250.
    - Use Radlight (google for it) to UNREGISTER directshow filters MPA Audio decoder and MPV Video decoder, nothing but problems with these under XP with the X1250. In stead use PowerDVD7.3 codecs (maybe 8 Ultra also works, not sure because 8 is more engineered towards Vista, I have no experience with 8 under XP)
    - Make sure the Refresh rate is compattible with the TV signal, so for example with PAL, use 720P@50Hz or 25Hz and when your TV broadcasts in NTSC (USA) use 30Hz or 60Hz.. most TV's these days can handle both refresh rates, but when the signal does not match with the GFX out, the GFX card will have a hard time to keep it all together, since the X1250 is not the best performer, you might expect problems because of such a mis match.
    You can adjust these settings in CCC HDMI settings.
    - In CCC Video settings set the option "Wait for vertical refresh" to HIGH, or Always On, this will prevent tearing.

I dont know what your PC specs are, but when you have a dual core CPU and at least 2GB DDR ram, above settings should work fine with standard digital TV and DVD's under XP with the X1250, BUT reflections in MP skins will still not work with XP, so you still need a modified skin or a skin that does not use reflections (I used Project Mayhem(PM) for a while to get rid of the freezes, PM does not use reflections, and therefore does not freeze)).

It is with HD material the X1250 starts to be problematic, and was for me a reason to buy an ATI HD4650 GFX card. I installed Vista, because it is better suited to my hardware, and as a bonus I can now use the Xface skin :)

Lots

Lococo

Portal Pro
    February 8, 2009
    Vorarlberg
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I have disabled de Q&C from Gigabyte Bios and installed the DVB-C Card, Scanned all Channel new and now it looks like it works.

The only Problem i have now is, that i have no sound with HDMI.
    Ok.. I have sound, but only when i use no Display like 1360x768. Everytime when i use the 768 Pixel i have no sound @ TV.

AND now about your Posting:

I dont know what your PC specs are, but when you have a dual core CPU and at least 2GB DDR ram, above settings should work fine with standard digital TV and DVD's under XP with the X1250, BUT reflections in MP skins will still not work with XP, so you still need a modified skin or a skin that does not use reflections (I used Project Mayhem(PM) for a while to get rid of the freezes, PM does not use reflections, and therefore does not freeze)).
    <<< Thats true (have the problem with the recfections still not solved)

- Do not use Hardware accelleration with HDTV and other HD content, the x1250 is not completely ready for that.
    - Use Hardware accelleration with SDTV, works fine with PowerDVD7.3 under XP.
    - Install .NET 3.5 framework, and enable EVR, it seemed to work fine with me when I used XP and the X1250.
    - Use Radlight (google for it) to UNREGISTER directshow filters MPA Audio decoder and MPV Video decoder, nothing but problems with these under XP with the X1250. In stead use PowerDVD7.3 codecs (maybe 8 Ultra also works, not sure because 8 is more engineered towards Vista, I have no experience with 8 under XP)
    - Make sure the Refresh rate is compattible with the TV signal, so for example with PAL, use 720P@50Hz or 25Hz and when your TV broadcasts in NTSC (USA) use 30Hz or 60Hz.. most TV's these days can handle both refresh rates, but when the signal does not match with the GFX out, the GFX card will have a hard time to keep it all together, since the X1250 is not the best performer, you might expect problems because of such a mis match.
    You can adjust these settings in CCC HDMI settings.
    - In CCC Video settings set the option "Wait for vertical refresh" to HIGH, or Always On, this will prevent tearing.
    <<< Well i solved the problem until yet, but i will try this when i have time as well!

Have now Problem with the Vob.dats AND the Sound... man i hate this.. why it couldn't work?
    Every time something not work ... -.-

And thx for the Answer, i will give a reply next time!

Lotsofjazz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    If you use sound over the HDMI, you MUST install the realtek ATI HDMI Audio driver, download here: (be patient, very slow website!)

Realtek

(accept the disclaimer.. wait... next... wait.. download 'ATI HDMI Audio device' (the red one) by clicking on one of the GO's under Site 1, 2 or 3, do not use the GO under express (complicated FTP server...pfff)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom