ATI AIW Owners (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

http://www.ati.com/companyinfo/press/2002/4512.html

from the above article

RADEON 9700 supports in hardware both MPEG-2 encode and decode, enabling high-quality accelerated video capture and playback.

However I could not find any mention of it for the rage series when searching via google. It looks like the hardware support is via shaders :) which would require a directx9 card.

PLeblanc

Portal Member
February 10, 2005
I realize (through another discussion thread) that you've been sidetracked on getting this running, but if you need help testing, I've got a radeon AIW 8500 (not the DV).

A

Anonymous

Has anyone attemted to use the AIW Radeaon 7500 with MP? I don't know if I am doing something wrong in the setup, but I see no picture for TV. The TV function works fine when using from the ATI media center software.

Sound works, but when I switch away from TV viewing, and even after I close MP, the sound keeps playing. I have to open up TV from the ati software, then close the software before sound stops playing. Of course, this doesn't surprise me much, because the treatment of sound by the AIW 7500 has always confounded me and caused problems.

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    My original RADEON 32mb AIW works fine with MP so I don't see why your 7500 shouldn't.

All my AIW (9800 ,9000 ,original 32mb) experience a 'possible bug ' with MP and the TV in that if the AIW TV is on in 'MY TV' and I exit to 'HOME' the Graph is turned off and the AIW TV is switched off (this also leads to not being able to enable seethrough mode with TV).

BUT if I turn off the AIW TV in 'MY TV' and then exit to 'HOME' the TV sound is turned back on (no video though).

Closing down MP in this instance leaves the sound still running from the TV ; two remedies are start ATI MMC TV which when closed again closes the Graph and turns off both sound and video or restart MP and make sure that when you exit 'MY TV' you leave the AIW TV switched on as this will now (BUG) turn off the Graph for sound and video when exited.

It would seem that MP is not dealing with the AIW TV Graph correctly when exiting 'MY TV'.

CoolHammer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2004
    Finland
    Hello,

ATI AIW is not like other cards recarding timeshifting and directx filters. Currently working / not working MP configuration depends so many different things that it is ok to say this:

Currently MP does not support ATI aiw as a tv card.

If someone has found a way to enable ati aiw as a capture device and tv card and do not have bugs, it is not by design it is accident :). I have ati aiw and yes it kind of work but have several issues, so i'm not using it as a capture or tv card.

Work has been done to enable all features of ATI as correct way. Unfortunately that work has not been finalized. Currently one dev is working together with dev of tv engine v2. I hope that fruits of this work will be available to beta testers few weeks after tv engine v2 is working.

New tv engine is needed to enable unusual way of using directx filters on ATI aiw cards.

Let's be patient and wait.

CoolHammer

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    Thanks for the reply .

That would explain the oddities experienced and why Graphedit shows some weirdness.

Running a dual monitor setup here allows me to see what Graphs are active while MP runs .

R

renegade03

Have there been any developments in AIW support? There haven't been any posts here for a while, so I was guessing that this was abandoned... :cry:

CoolHammer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2004
    Finland
    renegade03
    Not yet dead but slow in progress. We currently have one developer working with aiw code.

Unfortunately progress have been slow. Our current support for aiw do not compile with current cvs. We are trying to make ready compiled dll:s against current release.

CoolHammer

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    christophe.le said:
    Does last version of MP (0.1.0.8) work with AIW Radeon 7500 ?

I wish the next (1.3) version of MP would support ATI AIW 7500. That way I could use the other TV card in another computer for yet another project.
    Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom