ATI AIW Owners (1 Viewer)

B

baboon69

Any news yet ...

Hi, I was just wondering if there is any better support for AiW (in my case 8500DV) cards as per latest version 1.3?

I am still very much missing Timeshifting ... the whole point of HTPCs.

Anything I can do to help?

G

Getaway007

Will there be sideport support for these cards?
I am used to playing with my xbox via my aiw etc..
and non sideport is so damn slow.
I dont get any image with sideport drivers but only sound.
ATI MMC works perfectly with it but i want mediaportal! :(

weeweewee

Portal Member
December 15, 2005
Nederland
Is this integration of Capture Video with an AIW-card already integrated in MP? I have a problem putting the setting of the card on PAL_B. Every new session it turns back to NTSC_M :x .I have ATI radeon AIW x600pro installed. Can I be of assistance to test it :D

RickWesh

Portal Member
March 26, 2005
Larimore ND.
AIW 2006 / HDTV Wonder

Right off the bat I have to say bravo to the entire Mediaportal team. Out of all of the software that I have tried in the past nothing compares to Mediaportal.
Being a person that simply hates MMC 9.08, it was a no brainer when I started using MP which application to use.

I first bought the HDTV Wonder about 4 months ago and at that point I was unable to use MP and was stuck with the MMC 9.08.
Last month I got a AIW 2006 and installed the RC1 of MP.

After several attempts of making Multiview work with these two cards and even more attempts of getting ATI to help with the problem; ATI stated that the HDTV Wonder does not support this feature and there was no plans of adding the feature any time in the near future.

I was pretty heart broken to say the least. I'm not interested in having the DTV feature useable in Multiview but rather both Analog tuners. Add to that the ability to record from one channel while watching another and well you get the idea.

Basically I'm pretty depressed that I spent the amount of money on the HDTV Wonder only to find out that I'd need either a TV Wonder Pro or similar model instead.

Every part of Mediaportal works fantasticly with the AIW 2006.

My system:
Biostar M7NCD motherboard
AMD XP +3200
1Gb DDR 400
2 - 120Gb HD
AIW 2006
Remote Wonder+
HDTV Wonder
Creative Labs Audigy Platinum EX
Logitech x530 5.1 Speakers
Dell M991 monitor

Oh and BTW did I mention I really like Mediaportal too. :)

canman

Portal Member
October 15, 2005
Wellington, New Zealand
I've got a bit of a problem.

I've bought an ATI 8500DV card and it does work with the PC as I've downloaded the drivers OK, you don't seem to be able to download the ATI MMC as they only have updates for the original installation but I don't have the original CD :(

Does anyone know where I can get a copy of the original 8500DV CD or where I can download what I'll need to get MP recording TV properly as at the moment it kinda works, but looks rubbish, misses frames etc etc so it's basically useless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom