ATI Catalyst 9.7 out now! (Win 7) (1 Viewer)

dangerzone

Portal Pro
January 12, 2009
delft
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
i am using 9.6 but will try the 9.4 version.
forgot to say that i am using xp sp3 but i think that doesn't matter to much.

Thanks for the tip.

my wife is almost killing me here because i mess to much with the htpc and mp :D

MLH01

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Gold Coast
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Cat 9.7 under Vista x64 SP2 (Home Premium) on HD2400XT.

Seems to have caused more flickering compared with Cat 9.4/9.5 :confused:

EDIT: No real difference between the Catalyst versions of recent months re: flickering.

Nybbe67

Portal Pro
    December 28, 2007
    Gothenburg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I have tried 9.7 and it sucks. It hang my HTPC like never before. Tried to install 9.6 but I had to uninstall the 9.7 first and then I installd 9.6. But what happened with ATI AVIVO codec? It was gone??? Shouldn't AVIVO codec be included in the package since 9.4 or somethong????
    I have never understand how this works, AVIVO codec is allways "right version". Is it included or what?

johns11

Portal Pro
    February 7, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I spent nearly all my spare time for a month trying to get an ATI 4350 on XP SP3 to run hardware accelleration reliably for H.264 format here in New Zealand. I came upon the same problem some others were having where it seems it can't de-interlace certain channels. I've tried every ATI driver version supported by my card and from memory some fixed the problem and then broke something else. Then I plugged in a friends Nvidia 8800GT and it worked immediately - 1080i h.264 live tv at 50 frames per second with no issues. I have a very cool MSI fanless 9500GT (one of the very few cards with the heat sink on the correct and most logical side of the board) winging it's way towards me now :)

I'll still try the 9.7 drivers but this post is not filling me with confidence. Goodbye ATI.

EDIT: hmmm something worked for the first time! Maybe it was the 9.7 drivers or maybe it was the AVIVO pack I haven't loaded before. Pretty happy to have it going at last though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/ways-to-install-windows-11-e0edbbfb-cfc5-4011-868b-2ce77ac7c70e
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/ways-to-install-windows-11-e0edbbfb-cfc5-4011-868b-2ce77ac7c70e
    Not sure if this is the correct section to post but is there any advantage in updating a Win 7 system to Win 10 I have run Win 7...
    Replies
    Views
    Just did an update of my system from Win 7 / MP 1.25 to Win 10 / MP 1.31 on a single seat system and came across a problem with the tv server startup being erratic. Approx 50% of the time on PC reboot from scratch the tv server process was showing "starting" but would never start and consequently neither would MP or MP Server Config...
    Just did an update of my system from Win 7 / MP 1.25 to Win 10 / MP 1.31 on a single seat system and came across a problem with the...
    Just did an update of my system from Win 7 / MP 1.25 to Win 10 / MP 1.31 on a single seat system and came across a problem with the...
    Replies
    Views
    Yes correct that would have solved it. I guess I was more interested in finding out what I had done to cause the problem as the error message was of no help. By deleting everything I wouldn't have known so it was a learning curve for future reference. Fully understood I thought that might be the case. I also had some issues with...
    Yes correct that would have solved it. I guess I was more interested in finding out what I had done to cause the problem as the...
    I've just updated to Win 10 on a second drive and am installing MP 1.31. Having a bit of trouble with the install with the...
    Replies
    Views
    I have looked at your log files, but as usual they are unintelligible gobbledegook. (I am sure that the original developers who wrote that code know what the log entries mean, but those developers have long since retired from the MP team.) I regret to say that I think that you will have to use the "brute force" method to track down...
    I have looked at your log files, but as usual they are unintelligible gobbledegook. (I am sure that the original developers who...
    Sometimes when displaying the OSD whilst playing a recorded TV show the video freezes and the sound continues for about 30 seconds...
    Replies
    Views
    I tried setting the windows screensaver to power off the display on my MP1 HTPC but in fact it only blanks the screen ("no video signal") on the TV I suspect the AVR has something to do with that. If I manually put the TV only into standby when TV is playing but paused then on wakeup I could not immediately take it out of pause and...
    I tried setting the windows screensaver to power off the display on my MP1 HTPC but in fact it only blanks the screen ("no video...
    Hi all, I´m using MP 1.30 at the moment and have a problem which also exists on my system on previous versions. So I don´t think...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom