AtmoHue - BETA - Philips Hue support for AtmoLight & AtmoWin (1 Viewer)

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Overview

AtmoHue is Windows application which allows you to receive color commands from AtmoLight and/or AtmoWin and forward those to your Hue Bridge.
    This is still a work in progress and bugs are to be expected, any feature requests or suggestions are more than welcome!
    The old thread is located here as that also includes a lot of information that can be useful for new users.

Features

- Receive color commands over network and forwards those to the Hue (only supported in AtmoLight at the moment)
    - Complete control of color settings and delays
    - Calibrate colors to increase color correctness depending on your Hue Light (experimental tab), it does this based on the X/Y/Z on a color map:

http://www.developers.meethue.com/documentation/core-concepts

- Integration with Mediaportal thru AtmoLight

Planned features / improvements

- Add predefined settings and display info on best usage
    - Move to XML based config structure
    - Settings validation
    - Better options for setting up multiple Hue Lights
    - Cleanup code and improve user interface

- Calibrate colors for individual Hue Lights IDs
    - Tray icon
    - Scene support (set / get scene)
    - Calibrate colors for individual Hue Lights IDs

- Check if there are ways to improve color transition speeds without flooding the Hue Bridge
    - Color Wheel for custom color tests or just plain fun
    - Better handling of dark images, measure outer image like Atmowin and use total pixel colors and select most dominant one while ignoring black
    - Per led device delay settings
    - Better live connection monitoring of Hue Bridge
    - Add proper Listview for LED lights list (allow in-line changes / easy item selection)
    - OSMC support (StripInvaders)
    - Live asign groups to senders and based on user input from Mediaportal (domotica like feature)
    - Let AtmoLight handle Hue Bridge reconnects upon resume

- Performance enhancements, required new Hue Library and will look further at the Kodi plugin code for inspiration.
    - Turn off lights during movie playback option, re-enable with previous colors after playback optionally.

Requirements

.NET framework 4.5 - http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30653

Changelog

22-03-2016 - AtmoHue updated

AtmoHue 0.2

- Fixed pairing for new users, bridge returns its own app key on "Locate and register bridge" which is stored afterwards.
    Special thanks to @pavke for testing and spotting the issue.

27-02-2016 - AtmoHue updated

AtmoHue 0.1

- Fixed set color for certain regions.
    - Code cleanup

30-08-2015 - AtmoHue updated

AtmoHue 0.0.88 BETA

- Updated to latest Q42 Hue libraries.

30-08-2015 - AtmoHue and AtmoLight updated

AtmoHue 0.0.87 / AtmoLight 1.16.1.30

- Added theater mode, options for it are under AtmoLight -> AtmoHue tab.
    - Fix for group commands
    - Fix for initial color command.
    - Updated to latest Q42 Hue libraries.

29-01-2015 - AtmoHue updated

AtmoHue 0.0.82

- Various bugifxes to make color calculations language neutral
    - UI and core code cleanup

- Slight speed improvement in changing color (less hops)

15-12-2014 - AtmoLight BETA & AtmoHue updated

AtmoHue 0.0.80

- Changed test color function to also include brightness

- Added option to enable/disable the Brightness override, enabling this will allow color commands from AtmoLight to include a brightness as well which will create a better experience during dark scenes for instance.

Only works if you didn't enable "Only set brightness on startup".

AtmoLight 1.14.003.0 - BETA version

- Improved average color calculations ( @Lightning303 )
    - Brightness calculations from colors ( USER=97876]@Lightning303[/USER] )
    - VU meter enhancements ( @Lightning303 )

29-11-2014 - AtmoLight BETA & AtmoHue updated

AtmoHue 0.0.76

- Various bugfixes
    - New option in Testing tab to manually set brightness

AtmoLight 1.14.002.0 - BETA version

- Added Dutch translation and made the Hue UI messages a bit more generic

28-11-2014 - AtmoLight BETA & AtmoHue updated

AtmoHue 0.0.75

- Set active groups/locations for liveview via the AtmoLight context menu
    - Set static color per group via the AtmoLight context menu

You need to re-add the leds and add locations and static colors (new setting fields) for both features to work, for now only local installations of AtmoHue are support as it reads config via xml.
    The pull down menu when adding a new led ID will automatically list all the locations you have added to prevent typos.

AtmoLight 1.14.001.0 - BETA version

- Added new UI menu's for Hue, you need to setup the AtmoLight context menu (assign remote color key) for this to work, for troubleshooting the context menu there's a guide located here:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/atmolight-1-14-0-0-2014-11-23.125633/#post-1076671

- Hue now has functions to read AtmoHue config (static color / groups)

23-11-2014 - AtmoLight stable release

AtmoLight.1.4.0.0

-You can get this release via the Mediaportal Extension Manager, it includes a few fixes for Hue as well

15-11-2014 - AtmoHue updated

AtmoHue 0.0.70

- Keeps command alive during runtime.
    - Reduced command size to Hue Bridge, only includes color after first command and drops the rest and only updates if it detects a change in the configuration (brightness / saturation etc..).
    - Now allows for individual light settings (can be toggled on/off), it might introduce a slight sync issue between the multiple lights.
    Not much can be done about that as it needs to be multiple commands if there are different settings and the Bridge doesn't handle them concurrently.

15-11-2014 - AtmoLight BETA updated

AtmoLight 1.13.110.0 - BETA version

- Hue is now excluded from the "LED delay" setting ( @Lightning303 ).
    Only for those who have that option enabled and/or run Hue plus additional handlers(AtmoWin etc..) you might notice an increase in response times

14-11-2014 - AtmoLight BETA updated

AtmoLight 1.13.109.0 - BETA version

- Corrected error in average blue difference calculation for live view.
    - Applied minimal color difference logic to the VU meter (Music), this should reduce the 'disco' effect and allow for more direct led disabling.

14-11-2014 - AtmoHue updated

AtmoHue 0.0.67

- Changes to basic bridge discovery and auto connect.
    - Color calibrations (experimental tab) can be set more easily, press 'enter/return' key in any of the custom setting boxes to apply and send the primary color just changed to the Bridge.
    - Basic light id detection from Bridge (experimental tab), will list all found light ids in output log for now.

13-11-2014 - AtmoLight BETA & AtmoHue updated

AtmoHue 0.0.65

- Power event handling can now be setup in different ways, preferred solution is to let AtmoLight handle it.
    If you choose the AtmoLight option you will have to of course also open AtmoLight configuration and tick the power options in its designated Hue tab there.

- Effects are now properly set upon resume and cleared on standby
    - Couple of bugfixes and enhancements

AtmoLight 1.13.108.0 - BETA version

- Hue no longer tries to calculate incorrect colors (divide by zero bugfix)
    - Enhancements to standby handling and how effec
    t

11-11-2014 - AtmoLight BETA & AtmoHue updated

AtmoHue 0.0.60

- Fix for power event handling, it should now restore the Hue connection in all cases.

AtmoLight 1.13.107.0 - BETA version

- Now restores last effect active upon resume (Hue)

10-11-2014 - AtmoHue 0.0.56

- Added option to toggle the shutdown of leds on suspend

10-11-2014 - AtmoHue 0.0.55

- Added right click menu to tray icon for open/exit.
    - While in tray icon it's no longer listed in alt tab switcher menu.
    - When suspending the machine running AtmoHue it will turn off the lights associated with it, should work in most cases so long as your pc doesn't suspend too fast (before it can send the command).

07-11-2014 - AtmoHue 0.0.52

- Fix for duplicate led devices creation

07-11-2014 - AtmoLight BETA & AtmoHue updated

AtmoLight 1.13.105.0 - BETA version

- Hue now has reconnect handling and ability to start AtmoHue.exe on launch (need to set path in AtmoLight configuration)
    - Boblight support added (@Lightning303)
    - Various fixes and changes (more on official AtmoLight changelog later)

AtmoHue 0.51

- Minimize to tray and/or on startup, to restore double click the icon in tray list.
    - Added check to prevent starting more than 1 instance of AtmoHue
    - RGB color test now has validation checks

04-11-2014 - version: 0.0.50

- Changed default Api key/name which requires you to re-register to bridge
    - Now uses local XML configuration (settings.xml), clears all custom user settings
    Future updates will not have this problem and to convert them to the new XML config wasn't foolproof, best to copy or screenshot your current settings if needed.

- Re-designed the way you add LED devices, most options are for later use.
    - Predefined values for some settings (min/max etc..)
    - Send custom color is now r/g/b instead of hex, much easier to use
    - Experimental scene retrieval (seems limited by Philips API)
    - Better notifcations for first time bridge setup
    - Connect status bar
    - Cleaned up user interface and removed unneeded files from release package

02-11-2014 - version: 0.0.29

- Reduced cool down delay to 3 seconds.

02-11-2014 - version: 0.0.28

- Added delay for high priority messages (static/shutdown), since the Hue Bridge can't reliable tell us if commands are processed properly we delay any messages after high priority ones by 15 seconds to let the Bridge "cool down".
    Downloads

See attachments.

Source code

https://github.com/ambilight-4-mediaportal/AtmoHue

Usage

Atmolight + AtmoHue

Guide and FAQ is now hosted on GitHub:

https://github.com/ambilight-4-mediaportal/AtmoLight/wiki/Hue-setup-guide

Attachments

• AtmoHue_v0087.zip
      846.7 KB
    • AtmoHue_v0088BETA.zip
      839.7 KB
    • AtmoHue_v0100.zip
      837.2 KB
    • AtmoHue_v0200.zip
      837.3 KB
    Last edited:

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Videos

Some videos of it in action and also one unrelated one with Hyperion (AtmoWin alternative) just for fun ;)
    Not the best quality but once I get my camera back I'll probably record a few new ones, in case Youtube removes them because of policy they can also be found here

Philips Hue - 2 blooms

Philips Hue - 2 blooms - VU meter

[NON-HUE] Hyperion - 218 leds - best setup I've had so far

Last edited:

killer8

Portal Pro
    July 29, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Great project. I just installed the newest version. Why is atmowin included in the atmolight mp1? I mean it's not mandatory and not even recommended at this time. Another thing if you remove atmowin prior removing the path in atmolight you are no longer able to open the atmolight setup page because it gives a .net error(says something about value can't be null, most likely about the atmowin path). However when you remove the atmowin path and uncheck both checkboxes(start and stop atmowin with mediaportal) prior removing atmowin it works fine:)

Another small thing, would it be possible to add the version number in atmo hue? It's quite hard to find out what version you are running now.

Thank you again for the great and very fast development. Keep up the good work!

Last edited:

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Originally AtmoLight was AtmoWin only and still is for the official MePo release atm :p , it doesn't hurt to keep it included though as it only runs when AtmoWin is checked as supported hardware.
    Will see if we can change the installer to make AtmoWin optional however if people wanted to use AtmoWin afterwards it might get confusing so need to discuss it with the team.

Sure, will add some assembly information so that the version gets pushed to the window title :)

killer8

Portal Pro
    July 29, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I understand, it's not really a problem but no longer needed. Maybe an option like other plugins do, where you can select if you would like to have atmowin, in the installer.

About the new version. It works great, the VU meter option with music is really cool. It's almost like i'm in a disco:p

Only one bug so far, when I quite playing music(using the VU Meter option) the lights don't revert back to the static color set for the menu. I have to start tv for example to get these colors and quite tv to get the static color in the menu again. So it seems the bug is only when you stop playing music.

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Yeah the VU meter is awesome :D , only thing I noticed is that with fast music one of my Blooms got out of sync with the other one for some reason.

Will check out the VU meter bug as that indeed shouldn't be happening.

killer8

Portal Pro
    July 29, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Yeah the VU meter is awesome :D , only thing I noticed is that with fast music one of my Blooms got out of sync with the other one for some reason.

Will check out the VU meter bug as that indeed shouldn't be happening.
    I think I can confirm that, although I thought that was a feature for stereo sound:D I was listening some dance music when I found this out.

Lightning303

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Why is atmowin included in the atmolight mp1? I mean it's not mandatory and not even recommended at this time.
    You are right of course. It was mendatory before we started changing up the system. Thank you for letting us know. This is one of these bugs that we would probably never have found ourselfs, as we all have AtmoWin installed, either for use or for easy testing/developing.
    The issue has been fixed and AtmoWin will not be installed automatically anymore in the next test version :).

Another thing if you remove atmowin prior removing the path in atmolight you are no longer able to open the atmolight setup page because it gives a .net error(says something about value can't be null, most likely about the atmowin path). However when you remove the atmowin path and uncheck both checkboxes(start and stop atmowin with mediaportal) prior removing atmowin it works fine
    I cant reproduce this. Can you give clear instruction about how to make this error apear? Maybe attach a screenshot of it? Thanks!

Last edited:

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Gonna work on adding the XML config for the next version, also it will have a unique app name/key (you can change them of course) as the current ones aren't that nice and were the default of Q42 (Hue API) so will require you to re-register once with the bridge but not gonna change anymore after that.
    Might take a bit more time on the next version as I want to get most of it in there but should be out somewhere next week :)

Last edited:

killer8

Portal Pro
    July 29, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    You are right of course. It was mendatory before we started changing up the system. Thank you for letting us know. This is one of these bugs that we would probably never have found ourselfs, as we all have AtmoWin installed, either for use or for easy testing/developing.
    The issue has been fixed and AtmoWin will not be installed automatically anymore in the next test version :).

I cant reproduce this. Can you give clear instruction about how to make this error apear? Maybe attach a screenshot of it? Thanks!

I've done some more testing with VU Meter. It's nice but not really reliable at the moment. Both lights are out of sync sometimes.

What I mean with the bug I mentioned earlier.

1 Play a song
    2 Lights will change based on Vu meter
    3 Stop the song(I use stop button on my remote)
    4 Lights don't go back to "Menu/GUI" section color but stay on latest color of VU Meter.

Not sure if this is a bug but atleast it isn't the behaviour I would expect.

I've included a screenshot of my configuration.

A question from my side: what's the difference between VU Meter and VU Meter(Regenboog) (Rainbow)?

Gonna work on adding the XML config for the next version, also it will have a unique app name/key (you can them of course) as the current ones aren't that nice and were the default of Q42 (Hue API) so will require you to re-register once with the bridge but not gonna change anymore after that.
    Might take a bit more time on the next version as I want get most of it in there but should be out somewhere next week :)

Maybe it's nice to show a message you have to press the button on your hue bridge and change that message to connected when it's connected. I've seen something like that with another app on windows(not sure about the name)

Attachments

• config.PNG
      config.PNG
      544.7 KB
    Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom