AtmoHue - BETA - Philips Hue support for AtmoLight & AtmoWin (1 Viewer)

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    One other thing - when I look at teh Philips setup they have the option to define where you put the lights compared to the tv - meaning that you don't won't to have these nerveous flshing right behind you in case you have a connected hue there but less and more smooth transistions - probably also somthing worth thinking about.

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Didn't know they had that setting :) , is possible I think so long as the general Hue send delays aren't set too low as for every led that differs from the default per led delay (0ms) it would need to send a separate command and have to be careful we don't reach the 30 commands per second (in practice seems lower).
    Added to list (y)

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Going to have a play with this tonight to see how I find my lights changing while watching TV :) Great work.
    Out of curiosity could there still be the potential of setting scenes with keyboard presses (ala multishortcutter) like was discussed at the start of the last thread sometime in the future when your finished adding your currently planned stuff? :)

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Going to have a play with this tonight to see how I find my lights changing while watching TV :) Great work.
    Out of curiosity could there still be the potential of setting scenes with keyboard presses (ala multishortcutter) like was discussed at the start of the last thread sometime in the future when your finished adding your currently planned stuff? :)

Yeah, this can be added easily now because of the API :)
    If there's a plugin for MediaPortal that can already control what keybindings do and launch a program with parameters in this case, if not its possible to let EventGhost start a program with certain key or mce key combinations as well.

Already made a small application to test the API so have made a few tweaks so it should do the job already, it works like this:

-------
    5 required parameters

1 - IP
    2 - Port
    3 - RED
    4 - GREEN
    5 - BLUE
    6 - PRIORITY (at least 1 and anything under 50 gets handled with higher priority atm)*

* A high priority color message (<50) will drop any subsequent color command send within the next 3 seconds, this is to make sure the Hue correctly processes the command (still needs better solution)

Example

AtmoHueHelper.exe 127.0.0.1 20123 255 255 255 10
    -------

Attached the helper application to the first post (AtmoHueHelper 0.1), it has basic error handling if you forget a parameter and if it can't reach the api server but that's about it.

Last edited:

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    Thanks, I'll check this out. Not sure multishortcutter executes external applications, more MePo plugins with parameters. But will checkout event ghost.

Thanks! :)

PS, any easy way of setting a scene the normal way with phillips apps and reading the current parameters from the bridge that are needed for the above? I would like to replicate my existing scenes.

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    For scenes it's limited to set it seems:

http://www.everyhue.com/vanilla/discussion/1124/scenes-api/p1

Also the Q42 doesn't mention scenes anywhere so don't know if it's supported in the their API.
    Found the function to set scenes :) , it needs the name and id of the scene to work.
    Also has a function to retrieve them so Philips probably added it later on, should be easy to implement that one and added to list.

Last edited:

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    Nice :) being able to stop reaching for the mobile app or the limited hue tap and instead setting up some buttons on my remote control to set a scene is like a dream :p

Just scene brightness control with the helper app left on my wishlist ha. Will let you have a break and revisit that one another day!

Lightning303

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Not sure exactly what scenes in hue are, but if they are something like predefined effects, we can just add them as effects to AtmoLight. Then you can choose them from the AtmoLight context menu, or set a scene to be active when something specific happens, e.g. media playback stopped and you are in the MP menus.

killer8

Portal Pro
    July 29, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Not sure exactly what scenes in hue are, but if they are something like predefined effects, we can just add them as effects to AtmoLight. Then you can choose them from the AtmoLight context menu, or set a scene to be active when something specific happens, e.g. media playback stopped and you are in the MP menus.
    Yes scenes are predefined effects.

I was watching some tv shows tonight and noticed the colors of my 2 hue blooms don't match the color on the tv sometimes. For example when the tv is dark blue like you see in some military control centers(was watching homeland) the hue lights are not as dark as the tv but more like light blue. I mean the color don't match sometimes. Same for red, sometimes it's more like pink when the color on the tv is really red. I'm not sure if this can be fixed, is on purpose or just a limitation of the lights, but when I select colors manually I can get colors which are closer to the one on the tv sometimes. So I think there is some room for improvements. Not sure if this can be fixed or is just configuration at my side.

Another thing, I've been running 0.29 all day and it's working just great. Didn't have any crash or problem anymore. Good work, The change back to static blue is also working fine now with the 3 sec delay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom