AtmoHue - BETA - Philips Hue support for AtmoLight & AtmoWin (1 Viewer)

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Could you send me your complete config with leds defined?
    With the bridge here I can't reproduce the error on both Windows 7 or Windows 10 yet :( , connects properly on startup and can use the RGB test.

michi216

Portal Member
    February 23, 2008
    Hello!
    As stated before i have the same problem as Pavke.
    I have installed atmohue on 2 different PCs. One with Windows 8 and one with Windows 10, both on the same network with the hue bridge (all connected via a router).
    On both PCs I have turned off the Windows firewall.
    On the Windows 8-PC (connected via WIFI) i can find the hue bridge only when I uncheck the "Running Windows 8" checkbox.
    On the Windows 10-PC (connected via LAN) i can find the bridge with the "Running Windows 8" checkbock turned on.

On both PCs i registered my bulbs manually as stated in your instructions. The RGB test fails on both PCs - the lights do not change.
    I think there is a problem with pairing with the bridge.
    I also use a program called WinHue 3 (https://sourceforge.net/projects/winhue/). This program hasn`t any problems connecting with the bridge and i can change my lights with this program without any problems.

Thanks for your help! I would really love to use your program with atmolight for theatre mode on my Media Portal setup.

Attachments

• settings.xml
      2.1 KB

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Attached a sample configuration file with your device settings and mine combined which are the default for testing, few questions / steps so we can test some things:

- Is the Philps Hue bridge completely updated (thru their app)?
    - Re-run locate and register after using the new configuration file, if it doesn't work afterwards manually fill 192.168.1.112:80

Tried it with a clean AtmoHue 0.01 (v0100) install under Windows 10 just now and while locating is slower (~10s) than it used to it found 10.1.2.74:80 and successfully paired, not sure why it would break on certain systems yet but must be either some incompatibility with the bridge or being blocked.

// Update

Finally finished the display of the bridge connection state (connected / disconnected) and should now always be correct, actual connection setup is still the same though and this is only so you know it has connected properly :)
    Test build is attached (0.1.1).

Attachments

• settings.xml
      2.1 KB
    • AtmoHue_v0101.zip
      838.6 KB
    Last edited:

michi216

Portal Member
    February 23, 2008
    Thank you for your very fast response!

I tried your settings.xml without any success. (LOG: Hue has been intialized on STARTUP; RGB-Test doesnt do anything)

Philips Hue Bridge is updated (SW version 01031131). It is an old bridge (circle form).
    I dont think that the connection is blocked by my system because the other software (winhue 3) works well with the default configuration.

michi216

Portal Member
    February 23, 2008
    I tried the test build an Status says: disconnected.

Bridge was found using SSDP discovery method.
    With the WinHue software i can read the bridge settings and AtmoHue is registered in the bridge. I still cannot change the color of the bulbs with Atmohue.

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Added some more logging in attached build, if you could attach the debug.log afterwards that would be great :)
    WinHue3 uses a different Hue library so that might be where the difference is, also have the round model with the same SW version so can rule bridge compatibility out.

Also make sure no other Hue apps are running while using or starting AtmoHue, just in case something is interfering.

Attachments

• AtmoHue_v0101_TEST2.zip
      838.6 KB
    Last edited:

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks, found an odd error in the logs so will try to recreate and attach new version.

// Update

New version attached which re-formats the bridge IP, not 100% sure why it returns an invalid IP warning in your logs as I can't recreate it when using that settings.xml :(

Attachments

• AtmoHue_v0101_TEST3.zip
      837.5 KB
    Last edited:

pavke

Portal Member
    March 11, 2005
    Leuven, Belgium
    Must confirm just about all of michi216's findings. Also with the latest version, the bridge is only found when Win 8 is unchecked (although both PC's I test with are on 10) - but that's where it stops. Status now always shows 'disconnected', and none of the tests work.
    What looks strange to me, is that upon startup it says
    [ 15:23:13.145321 ] - Hue bridge failed to intialize
    [ 15:23:13.145321 ] - Connection to bridge was successful
    although Status keeps saying: disconnected .. ?

I also have the old bridge, with the newest firmware.
    Attached please find my settings.xml file...

And btw, it still crashes when no ip is present in the settings.xml file.[DOUBLEPOST=1458572383][/DOUBLEPOST]I'm not sure, but in some settings files I see e.g. 192.168.1.112 as the ip, in others 192.168.1.112:80 (presumably the port number ?). Could that account for the invalid ip warnings ?

And is the difference that the one format is as set through standard discovery, the other using SSDP discovery ?

Could it be that it works for you, because you had it paired before (with an older firmware maybe) - and that with the newer firmwares the pairing itself fails ? Just guessing, because I have no idea whether the bridge pairs based upon the pc name or other id, the program name, the program version, your ip number, ... ?

Attachments

• settings.xml
      1.9 KB
    Last edited:

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    And btw, it still crashes when no ip is present in the settings.xml file.

Yeah, that one is fixed in attached build :)
    Still not sure what is causing it at this point because if it fails to connect with the AtmoHue_v0101_TEST3 build then it means the bridge just isn't reachable, could try a different app name and key to rule out any issues with it but it shouldn't make any difference .
    Also make sure no other Hue apps are running at the same time on the same machine.

I'm not sure, but in some settings files I see e.g. 192.168.1.112 as the ip, in others 192.168.1.112:80 (presumably the port number ?). Could that account for the invalid ip warnings ?

Correct, that is something that the bridge does although not consistently with a :80 (webserver port) suffix.
    For now I trim that off so that you are left with 192.168.1.112 however either with or without :80 it works here and for a few others a while back at least as the underlying library (Q42.HueAPI) accepts both formats.

Attachments

• AtmoHue_v0101_TEST4.zip
      837.3 KB
    Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom