AtmoLight - 1.18.6.0 [2016-09-21] (1 Viewer)

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I don't suppose anyone was ever able to look into the lights turning off after first media file is played as part of a playlist? (Not sure if its a true playlist or not - MovPic plays a random file before the main movie. Used to play trailers etc.).

Works fine just turning the lights back on but would be nice if this scenario was catered for.

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Using it with a playlist (PlayListType = PLAYLIST_VIDEO_TEMP) and the lights turnOn on their own after the next video starts, AtmoLights captures all video playback events afaik so it should always work.
    If you have any logs when this happens that should help locate the problem :)

Last edited:

rohnfe

Portal Pro
    September 9, 2015
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello all,

i have got a question in regards to what Color ranges is used/detected by this plugin... i would assume its PC Levels(0-255)?
    I there a way to change this to video levels?
    The issue for me pops up if i configure my video chain and MePo to put out video levels atmolight/Internal Live Mode won`t "show me correct black" --- Led s will never turn of regardless of the settings used within Ambibox or Atmowin.
    Switching back to 0-255 its working fine again..

Is this something related to the plugins internal live mode or maybe Atmowin/Ambibox ?
    Somehow its working fine when using the external live mode within MePo Gui.

Greetings

Lightning303

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Im not sure if the levels will be applied during the rendering of a frame or afterwards. If its the former, then the picture that is send to either Ambibox or AtmoWin will have the levels that you also see on your screen.
    I never really checked because you actually can configure AtmoWin to show you black (as in leds off) in dark scenes. Change the darkness limit to 0 and you should be fine. If that doesnt work, please attach a screenshot of your AtmoWin settings.

rohnfe

Portal Pro
    September 9, 2015
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hm it is already set to darkness limit 0 which is working fine for 0-255 as it seems but not for 16-235 (just an assumption from my side).
    For 16-135 it will give me light grey instead of leds off... which is why i thought it might be because of the different black levels.

The same thing happens if i use Ambibox instead....strange is for both programs the external live mode seems (not for sure) work fine thats why i think of the atmolight plugin.

Atmowin settings:

Attachments

• atmowin 2.JPG
      atmowin 2.JPG
      97.4 KB
    • atmowin.JPG
      atmowin.JPG
      125.5 KB
    Last edited:

Lightning303

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Could you tell me how you change from 0-255 to 16-235 so i can try to reproduce your issue. Maybe im just doing it wrong?

rohnfe

Portal Pro
    September 9, 2015
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Well i just wanted to calibrate my TV and setup my HTPC for best possible picture quality while preserving BTB and WTW therefore you need setup the video chain to output proper video levels (16-235) to the TV... this is how it started. Unfortunately MePo seem to only work with EVR and (0-255) internaly therefore i tried to get a setup where i can get BTB and WTW show up correctly. I found a way to achieve by changing LAV Filter settings and /or GPU settings in the Nvdia Panel. To be hones i got it to work but meanwhile i doubt that its the correct way with as less conversion as possible.

There have been two ways of getting BTB/WTW to show up:

GPU: Full RGB 0-255 (second option set to Fullscreen video, somehow i think this is wrong)

1: LAV output set to untouched and Conversion set to RGB32
    or
    2: LAV set to untouched and no conversion option ticked + Nvidia video color control set to 16-235

TV set to HDMI level low
    (meanwhile i know that this could be wrong and it should be normal for TV levels but i am still not sure, could also be a "default" fault by my TV - Samsung LE46A786 2008 model)

This is how i got BTB and WTW to show when brightness is turned up high on TV.
    Just using White and Black PLUGE pattern from a calibration disc.

Meanwhile i have tested with KODI too which has an option too use 16-235 internally but its the same issue here, so it might be something else in the end.

Attachments

• lav.PNG
      lav.PNG
      128.3 KB

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    When I was playing around with my Bravia a while back I used these settings for TV levels and Hyperion (sorta like AtmoWin):

- LAV Video set to TV levels: 6-235
    - Nvidia Control panel -> Change Resolution -> Output dynamic range -> Limited
    - Nvidia Control panel -> Change Resolution -> Output color depth -> 12bbc

The TV would recognize limited range input automatically and with 24P it switches to cinema mode so no tweaking was needed as it does everything based on HDMI content type.
    Hyperion with AtmoLight still worked right (black-> off) with those settings but AtmoWin might handle it differently, didn't notice any real difference with TV levels so switched back but might be that Bravia already corrects different input levels on its own.

Last edited:

rohnfe

Portal Pro
    September 9, 2015
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I might be switching back to a calibration on PC Levels anyway - just thinking of it - it seems not to be usable when the renderer EVR will always expand to 0-255 anyway. I am still wondering if ambibox/atmowin and Atmolight plugin should work with this setup or not... wether its my fault or not ;)

Btw. what does the option "Use GUI Data in live mode"... aah wait just got it the german translation seems to be wrong here ;) Just switched to english - it make sense now.

Last edited:

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    From what I read on a few board so far is that EVR should use the graphics driver settings, there's a Nvidia setting that might override it though during HW acceleration which is worth a try:

Nvidia control panel -> Video -> Adjust video color settings -> Use Nvidia settings -> Dynamic range -> Limited

Make sure you also have Nvidia CUVID enabled in LAV Video.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom