AtmoLight - 1.18.6.0 [2016-09-21] (2 Viewers)

KlausWirn

Portal Pro
November 18, 2010
Hello,
need some help.
Im trying to install my first ambilght.

My plan is to let the Atmologht Plugin send the needed informations to my Raspberry Pi 3 (Libreelec) over network to Hyperion which i installed on the Raspi. (I used the HowToo from here but adapted some things.)

My Problem is,that after i installed the Atmolght Plugin (latest release, 1.18), my MePo (Version 1.10.0) crashes after i try to start an movie or series.

Do i have to update my MePo to a higher release?

Attached are my Logs from watchdog.

Hope someone can help me or give me a hint.

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,

Can't explain the crash but AtmoLight does report it's unable to connect to Hyperion, could you post your Hyperion config?
    And can you control the Hyperion leds via one of the Hyperion apps (Android / iOS)?

Mediaportal version is probably too old as well, would test with at least Mediaportal 1.15 :)

KlausWirn

Portal Pro
    November 18, 2010
    Thx Rick,
    I now updated to Mepo 1.18 and now its gonna work.
    Happy me :)

Now i have to configure it and there are a lot new questions.

One is, how to use my remote to switch the led modus.
    Is it possible to use one key on remote to switch from static modus to live modus or a rainbow effect?
    Edit: Read the FAQ about the coloured buttons. I use an imon remote with the imon software. How do i set the correct syntax for the Buttons? Wanna use the "my tv" Button to change effects. Any ideas?
    Is there a rainbow effect for Atmolight?

Best regards

Last edited:

KlausWirn

Portal Pro
    November 18, 2010
    Rainbow Issue solved.
    I just use the hyperion App to have some nice coloreffects.

Back to remote:
    Can someone give me the key shortcuts which i have to use to send the signal for the "blue or yellow Media Button" ?

And i have an issue. There are sometimes some leds shining, After i stoped mepo. Rest of the LEDs are off. Is there a configuration issue?

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Not sure about iMon but if it can output key combinations you can emulate the blue red / green / yellow actions like from AudioSwitcher example:

audioswitchersetup003-png.178242

Afterwards in AtmoLight config you can assign what these colors do, might not be able toggle effects though.

And i have an issue. There are sometimes some leds shining, After i stoped mepo. Rest of the LEDs are off. Is there a configuration issue?

Hard to debug as it can be a few things, would try this:

- In your Hyperion config set the "Rate" setting higher for the device (APA102 / WS2811 etc..)
    - If you are using an Arduino in between increase the baud rate if possible
    - Check cables as there might be some local interference, adding a 470 ohm resistor resistor on the data channel can help to filter these out

If all else fails can also ask on the Hyperion forums as we have more users there for hardware and such :)

KlausWirn

Portal Pro
    November 18, 2010
    Didnt get the remote to work.
    Can you give me the keyboard commands for the atmolight Plugin that use the "Action_Remote_Blue_Button"
    So i can match this command to my Imon Remote Software.

My movies and series starts to stutter when i use the Hyperion Ambilight.

My Setup: HTPC Quad Core AMD, GbitLAN, connected to Server.
    Ambilight: Raspi3 with libreelec and Hyperion, just to Control the Ambilight. Connected via Wifi.
    The Atmolight Plugin sends the captured color via LAN to my Router and he sends it to the Raspi via Wifi.
    Could the Wifi be the issue that my movies stutters?
    When i stop the Hyperion in Raspi, everything works smooth.
    CPU usage off both are under 25%

milhouse

Portal Pro
    November 9, 2006
    Raleigh, NC U.S.
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Yes, I'd check into the Wifi. I had problems using MP Ambilight to Hyperion over wifi. My wifi signal wasn't as strong as I would have liked, and if the wifi can't keep up, it stutters in MP. My solution was simply to use a wired connection instead. Rather than another wiring run, I used a tiny USB power gigabit switch so my single run could connect to both the RPi and my HTPC.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0148L7YI2/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

KlausWirn

Portal Pro
    November 18, 2010
    Yes, I'd check into the Wifi. I had problems using MP Ambilight to Hyperion over wifi. My wifi signal wasn't as strong as I would have liked, and if the wifi can't keep up, it stutters in MP. My solution was simply to use a wired connection instead. Rather than another wiring run, I used a tiny USB power gigabit switch so my single run could connect to both the RPi and my HTPC.

THX!!!
    Connecting via wired cable and using GBit Switch Is the solution for me.

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Can you give me the keyboard commands for the atmolight Plugin that use the "Action_Remote_Blue_Button"

Keyboard command you need to assign, in below example I set the F11 keyboard key to emulate a blue button:

mepo_blue_key.PNG

Afterwards your iMon setup would need to send that keyboard key (F11), unless it can emulate the blue key directly but never used it so don't know :)

Last edited:

KlausWirn

Portal Pro
    November 18, 2010
    Didnt get the key to work....

Mapped the "F11" key to ACTION_REMOTE_YELLOW_BUTTON like in your example.

Then mapped this "F11" key to my iMon Settings to be used when pressing the yellow button, but nothing happens.
    In Atmolight plugin i configured that yellow Button start and stop the leds.
    Even pressing F11 in MePo has no effect.

Any hints?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom