AtmoLight - Plugin Improvement discussion (2 Viewers)

kilik360

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Wow Lightning303 it took a little time before I can test your BlackBar Detection Edition V02. And all I can say is wow. It works like a charm.
    thanks for this great addon in the plugin. It's awesome. You Rock man!

Lightning303

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Wow Lightning303 it took a little time before I can test your BlackBar Detection Edition V02. And all I can say is wow. It works like a charm.
    thanks for this great addon in the plugin. It's awesome. You Rock man!

Thanks for testing!
    I also have a new version ;).
    I added settings to the configuration and you can enable/disable blackbar detection from the context menu now.
    Its setup to scan the picture every x miliseconds, where x can be defined in the configuration. If you want to scan every frame just put in a 1.

Attachments

• AtmoLight_FEATURE_Blackbar_Detection_V03.rar
      47.4 KB

Lightning303

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey, lightning
    if you have time, can you use the language class from mp ?

Can you point me to that class? I have looked in the MediaPortal source, but only found the GUILocalizeStrings class. And either im dumb, or it is just for MP localization. I also checked other plugins and they all use their own classes for language control.
    Also, what would be the benefits? Apart from saving a few kB space.

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    also checked other plugins and they all use their own classes for language control.
    you think every plugin use their own class ?

Also, what would be the benefits
    hum, i don't know if actually, if strings are missing from language set in MP, it show missing string from english.

http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...s/Plugin_Developer's_Guide/1_Develop_a_Plugin
    in
    Text Label Control section.
    but for now, it's not the urgency.
    i test your version blackbar v03. with 10ms of scan. non issue yet on this feature.

About Atmowin reconnection from resume ( tested with atmowinchecker, set for don't start Atmowin after resume), i must check 2 times play vidéo, for have Atmowin work. but at least no more freeze of Atmowin. (y)

Lightning303

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    you think every plugin use their own class ?

MovingPictures
    MPTVSeries
    OnlineVideos
    Trakt

Again, if you can tell me which class you mean, and maybe even show me an example, i can see what i can do. But i have not seen this magic class yet :p.[DOUBLEPOST=1401137792][/DOUBLEPOST]

Thats in the Skin section ;). AtmoLight has no skin.
    Double post so you see my answer. :D

Last edited:

Lightning303

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok,
    lets continue the discussion about custom effect here :)
    Initial post: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/atmolight-1-12-0-0-2014-06-01.125633/page-3#post-1084949

@legnod, @HomeY, @Baserunner
    pinging you, to make sure that the people who seemed interessted know where i will continue to post ;).

So i did some reading and coding. After my first approche did not work out because of timing issues, i think i now got it.
    Im able to load a gif and send it to AtmoWin. I used http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs12/f/2006/302/2/2/PlasmaStorm3.gif to do my tests.
    With the original image (600x300) the whole process takes ~20ms per frame on my old and slow laptop. When i resize it manually before hand to 64x48 it only takes up to 5ms, which seems ok.
    At the moment i dont seem to be able to read the framerate from the gif, so i hardcoded it to 25. No testversion yet, as stuff is hardcoded, but if somebody wants to test it by compiling the code himself, go ahead.

And a little video ;)

Branch: https://github.com/ambilight-4-mediaportal/AtmoLight/tree/MP1_FEATURE_Gif_Reader

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    pinging you, to make sure that the people who seemed interessted know where i will continue to post .
    For your info: I didn't receive that ping :( so not sure if others got it (we might have an issue with the alert system). But following this thread.

Lightning303

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok,
    so how many gifs would you guys actually use?
    Is it enough for me to add support for 1 gif, or do you need more than that? And i mean really need it, not wanting to show it of to friends or something like that ;P.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom